“Lovely local cuisine but average setting”
Review of Salungkham Cuisine

Salungkham Cuisine
Ranked #124 of 292 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Large local BBQ type restuarant in Chiang Rai, with indoor and outdoor dining and outdoor grill area, which I ate at in December 09 and April 2010. Phone is 0-5371-7192 and fax is 0-5360-2155. Judy LaBuda (Chiang Rai DE)
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The food was undeniedly delicious but the setting could have been better. Not enough fans. So it was a bit hot. The seating area was quite basic. Friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Salungkham Cuisine

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We follow the tripadviser advice to go there and we're very happy.
The northern food was good and the service was nice and kind. They also called us a Tuk Tuk taxi to go back to hotel.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Had dinner there with a friend. No one spoke english.. fare enough as it is a place that does not have tourists. With our thai frase book and their broken english we ordered. The soup come with a bug in it.. then someone came from the kitchen and said that they did not have red curry.. so I reordered. They did not inform my friend that they did not have his order either.. when they realized and we wanted to reorder the kitchen was closed and my friend went without dinner.. I think that they had run out of chicken as I ordered a chicken stir fly and it was full of peanuts and only a few pieces of chicken. All that said, I guess if you want to try it.. go for the BBQ as it looks good. Cheap prices and nice wine selection. If you really want excellent food in a great setting outside of chiang rai. 4 euros by taxi and by the airport/university. Go to Naga Hill Resort to the restaurant.. I stayed here and ended up eating all my meals here. Good and Cheap. Check it out, as it is worth it..

1  Thank garth48
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Delicious food and not expensive. Authentic northern Thai cuisine. Must try - Hunglay curry (แกงฮังเล), Deep-fried freshwater shrimp (กุ้งฝอยทอด), Northern Thai hors d'oeuvre and local pineapple.

1  Thank OrawanK
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Thanks to Broder and Jermsak we enjoyed a terrific dinner in the garden on November 29th.

There were many groups inside the restaurant and a few local couples dining outside, as we were.

We had the mixed grill (outstanding) and fried fish with garlic and herbs.(small portion, but very good).
Would definitely eat here again!
Took a tuk-tuk to the Clock Tower for the 8 PM "show"....and then walked to the Wiang Inn.