“Great place to stay!”

Nok's Garden Resort
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

At the end of our two-week-trip to Thailand, we spent four nights at Nok's Garden Resort which was a great experience. The bungalows are set in a nicely kept garden, in a rural area roughly half an hour North of Chiang Rai.
Our hosts, Nok and Rudi, were very kind and provided us with useful information for excursions, and local knowledge in general.
We felt very welcome and absolutely at home. Should we travel to Thailand again, we would definitely stay at Nok's again.
Noémie and Robert, Switzerland

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We returned to noks restaurant for dinner a couple of nights go. As usual the food was excellent. Nok is such a good cook and has such an engaging personality. If you are in the area, I would highly recommend you both stay and eat here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 350highlandlassie
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I spent three nights at Nok's Garden Resort. Everything was perfect. Our flight into Chiang Rai arrived at around 8.00 pm and Nok was there to meet us and drive us the 20 km's to the resort. Straight away we knew that we had made the right decision to make a reservation at Nok's. Nok and Rudi treat their guests more as friends than just paying guests. It is very easy to feel right at home. On arriving at the resort, we made our way to our spacious, clean and private bungalow. We had a quick hot shower and then back to the dining area / reception where Nok had prepared a meal for us, even though it was now quite late. We quickly felt like we had known Nok and Rudi for years.......such was their warm interaction with us.

Next day a delicious breakfast was prepared for ourselves and the other guests......pretty much a communal affair around the dining table. A nice way to meet and enjoy the company of other people from other countries.

You can spend your time exploring the local area on foot, on a scooter (available for hire) or just sitting out the front of your bungalow. We did it all!

Dinner is an event in itself. Nok invites her guests into the kitchen to help prepare and cook the meal. What a great way to learn the subtleties of Thai cooking. Again, the meal is eaten at a communal dining table with great conversation.

I had let Nok know in advance that my wife is gluten free. Nok went out of her way to purchase gluten free ingredients prior to us arriving. My wife felt very special indeed.

Nok and Rudi's daughter Martina is a constant source of enlightenment and entertainment - what a great kid!

We highly recommend Nok's Garden Resort on all counts......including value for money.

Richard P
Sunshine Coast
Australia

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard P
Burscough
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at Noks garden for 5 nights on our first trip to Thailand. Overall, I would really recommend visiting the very north of the country - beautiful mountains, waterfalls, temples, villages, lakes, sunsets....and on and on! Nok, Rudi and Martina are all very welcoming and personable hosts, which makes you feel very at home in their resort. It is small (5 bungalows) which means you get a very personalised service and the opportunity to meet other guests over breakfast or dinner to share itineraries and top tips. The gardens are beautiful in their own right, the resort feels remote (in a good, peaceful way!), although it is actually only a few minutes drive from the main highway. The star-gazing from the gardens in the evenings is also very lovely. The bungalows are basic with just the essentials provided, but the price coupled with the hospitality, tour guide tips and beautiful surroundings mean you don't miss extra comforts one bit. Nok in particular knows the whole of chiang rai province so well and is very helpful is suggesting daily adventures to be long remembered. Thank you for a great holiday!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The resort is in a beautiful rural setting not far from Chiang Rai. We were picked up from the green bus by Nok and then taken on a wonderful tour of the white temple, royal gardens and tea plantation. Nok went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect, and enlivened the trip with her knowledge of the area. On returning to the resort we met Nok's husband rudi and their wonderful daughter Martina, who both made us feel like we were part of the family. Nok then cooked us a superb thai meal, washed down with a few beers. I would highly recommend this place and my only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. Will definitely return at the first opportunity.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I came to tour all of Thailand. We stayed at various types of hotels and this was my favorite. It was a secluded little bungalow that offered the necessary accommodations and gave you the peaceful feeling of home. Coming from the busy street of Chiang Mai, the change is scenery was perfect! The part that I loved is how well we were taken care of by Nok, Rudy, and Martina. For those of you who don't know, Martina is Nok and Rudy's five year old girl. She is quite a handful, very smart, and has a great imagination. At one point, she asked me to drink from my watch! I did, of course, because Martina is the boss. Nok made us several wonderful meals. Our only regret is that we only stayed two days. Next time we'll stay longer!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I found this resort from Tripadvisor and called to Ms.Nokto to reserve, the owner is very nice and helpful. The resort is simple room but I really appreciate here. A lot of plants and quiet surrounding make me feel relax on my weekend. The weather is very good, I don't need a/c because the resort is cool. I'll back here again. :-)

• Stayed October 2013