“coll trip”

Boomerang Rock Climbing and Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Many fun things to do: Rock Climbing (top rope), nearby cave trek, 2 zip lines (nearly 200 meters). Climbing for all levels (most visitors are beginners). All routes are top-rope (not bolted). Good quality equipment at site, except we don't stock climbing shoes - though regular tennies or shoes will suffice. The rock is limestone and routes are up to 17 meters. Management offers free ride to town when done. Since opening in 2010 we've kept our rates reasonably low, and have had no injuries. We get repeat visitors. It's a low-budget operation with minimum impact on natural environment. However, safety is #1 and meeting/exceeding challenges is #2. Advance booking recommended.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

It was cool and we could learn a lot, the swing was amazing :)
The zip lining was fun and the tree and slackline was cool too
Thank you!!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great trip!
The owner is very kind and easy going.
We went to beautiful caves nearby, tried the giant swing and the zip lines, which are very scary, but awesome and climed onto some really good rocks.

In addition we were taken to a cave that you probably wouldn't find on your own. At least in the rainy season. Cave climing included.

We gave only 4 stars, because it's not so great for very large or big people. You might touch the ground on the swing. Not in a dangerous way, but at least in an unpleasent one.
Maybe they are handeling this problem soon.

brahmburbers, Manager at Boomerang Rock Climbing and Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

A good time all around, as I recall - including the young man enjoying one of the traverse climbing routes. Interesting that there's concern about the Big Swing. The top anchor point has five 10mm guy wires, and its fixed position is such that the weight of the swinger is not a factor in how close to the ground that person's feet are. In other words, a heavy person and a thin person of same height - would be same distance from ground. A different dynamic from the zip lines, where weight is a factor - re; closeness to ground. But it's all arranged so no one touches ground on either activity.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I decided to go here because they offered a budget weekend stay on site with unlimited access to all the facilities. What we experienced was very different from what we expected, but in a good way. Everything about the "park" is very different from the more mainstream activities you get to do in Thailand but that's the charm of it. The facilities are very basic and it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere, but the enthusiasm of Ken (who owns the place) and Abe (who helps run it) makes up for it and makes you feel safe - they really know what they're doing. Since we had signed up for a 2 day-1 night camping experience, we took it a bit slow and easy. We did a bit of cave exploring with Abe and then were back at the park for some climbing before it got dark. It was my first time but it was a great experience. In the evening, Ken had invited a few local expat and Thai families over, so we had a great bonfire dinner with camping songs and everything - totally impromptu. Later, we went with Abe to explore the countryside during the night. Next morning we did more climbing. Then, Ken drove us all the way to visit a beautiful waterfall and a local market to shop for our lunch. Again, this was not included in the "package" but Ken's like that. He's very passionate about what he does. The plan was for us to leave later that day as the package was for 1 night only, and we were going to head to Chiang Rai to find a hostel or something to stay the night as our flight wasn't until the next morning. Ken very kindly offered to let us stay another night for free in the tent we were already staying in. We accepted gladly and had a great time.
Turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life!
If you're looking for a cushy time, this isn't for you. But if you don't mind roughing it up and experiencing something different, meeting local people, and making friends, cooking food and eating outdoors, you have to do this.
When we first got here, I had a momentary thought about how I'd live here with all the bugs and trees and minimal lighting, no first world comforts - but that was the best part - soon enough I realized I could survive just as well and it made me realize how much I took my lifestyle for granted. A much needed wake up call and only a place like Boomerang can make this happen.

3  Thank NamPree
brahmburbers, Manager at Boomerang Rock Climbing and Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

I recall that weekend fondly. Glad they had an enjoyable time. What a lovely couple.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Found Boomerang to be a refreshing way to amuse oneself in Thailand. Kind of like a home stay of nature park. One feels as though you are visiting the owners private playground and they are sharing the experience with you. Highly recommended1

1  Thank Jay B
Reviewed 6 August 2013

There was a lots to see. The well equipped staff answers any questions. My family and I had an exciting time.