“Like entering a dream”

Ranked #1 of 292 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, European, Thai, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Chivit Thamma Da, a small family run Cafe, Bistro and Bar located right on the banks of the beautiful Kok River in Chiang Rai, northern Thailand. We serve natural, fresh and home made Food, Bakery, Coffees and Drinks in a slow environment close to nature, with plenty of flowing water, flowers, birds and fresh air. We believe that life should be slow, simple and beautiful. At Chivit Thamma Da you are encouraged to take your time and stay as long as you like.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Upon advice from a friend we went to Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House and were amazed at the beautiful location, the nice vibe about the place, the different interesting corners and the nice and healthy food options. I know my coffee shops and this one ranks amongst my fav coffee shops in the world. In addition the owner Joaquim helped us create a route for our days in Chiang Rai and introduced us to his wife...... we honestly felt we were leaving a friends house instead of a coffee shop. We will be back as I could spend hours and hours at such a beautiful place. Thank you Joaquim you your wife and the wonderful staff have created a very special place. Sergio from Costa Rica and Maria from Spain and UK

Joakim H, Owner at Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House, Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2015

Dear Maribenzy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!

Your comments about 'nice vibe' and 'leaving a friends house' are sooo nice to hear. Thank you!

I hope my travel tips were ok;) Best regards to Sergio!

Cheers

There are newer reviews for Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House, Bistro & Bar

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

It may not be the easiest place to find but it's worth the effort. I was most pleased to find the variety of international beer brands, in particular Leffe's Blonde. Or Früli's Strawberry beer which my wife enjoyed.

There is also all the coffee you can imagine, delicious cakes, salad and other great looking stuff from the kitchen. The indoor air conditioned area had tons of atmosphere, magasines and funny things to buy. Take it all in while watching the river flow by.

One of us were in a wheelchair and therefore restricted to one small place at the entrance. Staff were great and the place deserves the rating of number one café and restaurant in Chiang Rai.

Dear Tom S,

Thank you for your wonderful review calling us an Oasis!!

Thanks also for praising my the beer selection, I have spent much time fine tuning it;)

Yes for wheel chairs we have an entrance on the left side which opens up to around 20 seats in the shade close to the kitchen. This has been a very good option and we are happy it worked out for you.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We came with our family and spent a wonderful afternoon. Great food and beautiful surroundings. My 7 year old daughter and I are now booked for an afternoon of pampering at the Spa. A must visit. Worth the travel by taxi. Excellent.

2  Thank Zoebrankaholland
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I had a Tuna sandwich that was very good. The bread was delicious and fresh. We waited here before out bus to chiang mai. Fast wifi and nice atmosphere.

1  Thank kelseykauai
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Not easy to get to without transport to and fro but the place is very quiet, peaceful and lay back.

Went for a 60ins spa for B1605, kind of pricey but it was worth it as I feel totally relaxed.

And the nearby cafe served good food and drinks.

Really a good stop to recharge and pamper yourself.

1  Thank Phil T