“One of the nicest hotels on our trip”
Review of Nak Nakara

Nak Nakara
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
“One of the nicest hotels on our trip”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We arrived by bus from Chiang Mai w/o reservations. The information person at the bus terminal and a cab driver recommended this hotel. Very good first impression from reception staff and the hotel itself. After looking at their standard room and asking if we could stay for 3 nights, they upgraded us to an executive room at no extra cost since the standards were booked. Great! Although I thought the standard room was nice. Very quiet hotel. Large rooms, very clean. Breakfast was served buffet style. Earlier complaints indicated that they were lacking in western breakfast selections. They must have listened as there was a good selection of eggs, meat, potatoes, bread and various fruits. Staff was helpful in recommending restaurants in the area and things to do. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jozy10
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and give us the best review.
I will pass the admiration to the staff and I think they will be very happy to hear that.
Thank you for sharing the information about our egg station.
We always serve many kind of egg to the customers.
The cook is willing to do dish by dish in order to deliver the freshness of the food.
I wish you come to Chiang Rai again soon and let us serve you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The rooms here are quite large and very clean- white tile floors so much nicer than nasty carpet in america!
wifi worked well, mini fridge in room, and staff was very helpful.
It is a little bit of a walk to walking street, market and bus station, but not too far.
There is no elevator and rooms are on 3 levels so if you have young children or are older, request a ground floor room.

Room Tip: we had no view so didn't bother opening windows
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so gladful you like the clealiness of the room.
I agree with you to use a granite tile rathen than a carpet.
That why all rooms of Nak Nakara hotel has no carpet.
I am so sorry your room has no view.
I will consult with the construction team how I could do for the room on ground floor.
As we are located in town and the area is quite limited,
I always have an idea to set some small garden outside.
Thank you again to choose Nak Nakara hotel.
We are looking forward to serve you again here soon.
Brisbane
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nak Nakara is a pleasant, older-style hotel with a good location, friendly, helpful staff, comfortable beds, great shower, and a predominantly Asian breakfast menu (I do love my Thai food, but at breakfast time I look for the comforts of a western breakfast and there were not many choices for me). I enjoyed the garden, although no pool, but my room was on level 3, no lift so at 75, next time I would ask for a ground floor room.

Room Tip: If you aren't young and fit, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shirry71
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us.
I am glad you love our breakfast.
I have already sent the request to our cook to launch more western food.
Our diligent cook always works hard to satisfy the customer, I think the customer will experience it soon. I am delighted to hear you love our garden which I decorate and put the idea by myself. Besides, we are bulding the swimming pool and I think it will be more beautiful
in the near future.
I am sorry you stay at the high level. Of course, guest could send us the special request for the room level. Although you had already check in, you could change the room if it is under your expectation. That is our philosophy for staff to change to customer promptly.
Thank you again for staying with us. we hope to serve you ahgain very soon.
SOUTH MISSION BEACH QLD
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is one street over from the Saturday night street markets and not too far from the no2 bus station. The first bus station is way out of town. The room is standard size motel room. Bed was comfortable (queen size). It's an older place but kept very clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet brekkie was very good (free) . We would stay again IF we went to Chiang Rai again. Town is not as tourist oriented as Chiang Mai. Saturday night markets are great, very interesting food options. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAMESTOLD
Dear Valued Guest,
You remind me to think about the atmosphere of Chiang Rai.
When comparing to Chiang Mai, We are smaller but nicer.
Don't get me wrong, I love Chiang Mai and used to stay there for 10 years.
There is a lot change nowaday to Chiang Mai.
Anyway if you would like to find some place that is original local atmosphere and
far away from crowded tourists. Chiang Rai is your final destination.
Please kindly allow me to correct the information.
The first bus station is located near the hotel, it is inside town.
The second bus station or the new one is out of town.
Thank you again for choosing Nak Nakara hotel.
We are pleased to serve you again in the near future.
Chelem
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed 5 nights here and found it friendly and comfortable. Rooms were roomy and clean, the bathroom large with a wonderful shower, the WiFi worked well, and the staff was friendly and super helpful. The hotel itself is set in a lovely location with gardens and flowers all around. Although it is not centrally located, the staff at the desk was always quick to call a tuk-tuk or taxi for us, which cost next to nothing to get anywhere in town.

The breakfast buffet, while predominately Asian food (some of which was quite good), had enough of a variety that everyone could find plenty of familiar foods. We enjoyed our breakfasts out on the front terrace of the restaurant, watching that area of town start the day. All in all, a fancy yet personable and friendly hotel that we would gladly visit again and highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nak_Nakara, General Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I am glad you love the atmosphere here.
I myself like to see the view in front of the hotel in the morning too.
The air is fresh and the local lifestyle is going on every single day along this road.
The monk sometimes walks along for Bhudist in order to pray and make a merit by donate some food and drink.
It is really the true nature of local people here which is hardly found in the city.
Lastly, I am sure you would love our garden more by the end of this year.
It is because we prepare some big change in the hotel to satisfy the customer.
We wish you come back again and look forward to serve you soon.
Indian Wells
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here 4 nights and were offered an upgrade when we arrived. Quiet large room,clean and comfortable with no odors. Soft bed that even had a top sheet which is rare in Asia. Shower worked well and had hot water. Internet worked fine in the room. The free breakfast buffet was one of the best we had in Asia offering a good variety with yummy tasting items. The service was excellent both in the lobby and especially in the restaurant. They got to know us and were very helpful. The location was good as I could walk into the town easily to the local markets and night market plus many temples close by. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our downstairs room was fine but no view of anything.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
I remember you! You are a lovely customer come up with your mom.
Your mom is nice and lovely too. How is she? everyone miss you two.
We wish you have a wonderful trip and safe journey back to your home.
Please come to visit us again in the near future.
We have got some new decorating to our hotel and we are sure you gonna love it.
Thank you again for supportive review and have a good day.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed 2 nights there and i must say this was one of the greatest hotels i've been in thailand. The rooms are big, very clean and modern. The bathroom is very nice and convenient. There is a fantastic garden inside the hotel and this is a very quiet place. You can hear birds every morning.
The staff are very nice, helpful and smiling. They help you for everything you need in Chiang Rai and give you good tips. a special thanks to Nes , La and Jum who have been so nice during this stay.
Last but not least, the breakfast is comprehensive with both thai and western food.
This is probably the best quality price in Chiang Rai !!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Nak_Nakara, Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your excellent admiring.
We are appreciated to hear that.
We wish to see you again in the near future.
If you come to Chiang Rai next time,
Please come to visit us.
You are also the best customer ever of the hotel.
Every staff loves you and look forward to see you again very soon.
Thank you again and wish you have a safe trip throughout your journey.