“Quality sleep each night” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Nak Nakara
Ranked #4 of 108 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Jakarta
“Quality sleep each night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2nights as my first trip at Chiang Rai . Though a bit far from shopping area , this place so quiet at night .
Unfortunately lift didn't available , so pity for porter , my luggage overload already and my room is on 3rd floor ...
Few maintenance haven't done .. and I didnt see any swimmingg pool here .. Breakfast located near lobby but not much variety of foods .. They played nice songs there made me enjoy my meals each morning ;)

• Stayed May 2014
Nak_Nakara, Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for choosing Nak Nakara Hotel as the holiday destination.
We are appreciated your valued opinion.
I like your photos. They illustrate the happiness time during your stay.
If you have time in the future, please come to visit us again.
We are pleased to serve you.
Besides, There are a lot of newly-opened interesting places in Chiang Rai coming soon by the end of this year.
Thank you again for staying with us and have a safe trip back to your country.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I wanted somewhere clean, quiet and comfortable. This hotel delivered on these three requirements excellently.

The problem was that when asked for advise about local transport i was told to trust their recommendations and not taxis and tuk tuks elsewhere or on the street. A couple of weeks after leaving and getting to know the area well I realised that the tuk tuks and taxis they arranged for me where above twice the going rate. Pretty shoddy from what I had thought were super helpful staff. Beware and make your own arrangements for local transport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sw16tosea
Nak_Nakara, Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for stay with us and give us some feedback.
After I had got your feedback, I immediatedly check with the front officer about the issue.
Let me kindly explain what going on about the public transportation in Chiang Rai.
Of course, we will not charge any penny when calling Tuk Tuk or Song-Taew or Taxi-Meter to our guests. I surely believe every front office knows and awares for this policy.
Our system is Guests will pay directly to the driver by themselve.
The front officer will call and ask for the price every time and let the guest know
before confirming to the driver. The price may different depending on the place the driver started. For instance, luckily catching the Tuk-Tuk on the road may cheaper than hotel calling becasue the driver not lose the gas to drive to the hotel to pick up the guest.
It should be some mistake or miscommunication occur.
We do apologize for any inconvenient. Hopefully you give us a chance to serve you
and undo our mistake again soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Good service, good breakfast, clean tidy & modern rooms, staff have excellent English and are always willing to help. We were upgraded for free!

Good location, I would recommend a tuk tuk from the central bus station (with backpacks and the heat it can get a little hot walking 20/25 mins!)

Staff helped to arrange a tuk tuk for is, they also have a few good tours on offer at reception, we didn't use this as we only stayed one night!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion to us and give us the best score.
I agree with you to hire tuk tuk from the bus station to the hotel if you have a big baggage.
We also get the call service for tuk tuk or taxi upon guest requested with no charge.
The tour arrangement here is quite popular.
The driver is well-trained person and mostly can speak english.
Therefore you could enjoy the private trip with comfortable and convenient.
We wish to serve you again in the near future.
Thank you for staying with us and have a safe trip back to your home.
Aus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent 2 nights at Nak Nakara in April this year. We traveled with 2 13yr old twins. This hotel is lovely. The reception was extremely welcoming and staff very helpful. Breakfast had plenty of choices. Rooms were clean, large and very comfortable. We had 2 inter-connecting rooms which were perfect for us. The hotel needs to add inter-connecting rooms on their website. About 10min walk to the markets and other eating spots. But the pizzas next door were excellent, we ate there twice! Only thing we missed was a pool as it was really hot. But the air con was lovely. Thank you Nak Nakara!

Room Tip: Inter-connecting rooms are perfect for families!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for share your opinion with us.
We are pleased to hear from you.
I am gald you love our room and breakfast.
We have got 6 connecting rooms and ready for guest upon requested.
It is easier for the family traveller to stay in connecting room so that they could manage their child. In the very near future, we will have the beautiful swimming pool.
If you come to Chaing Rai next time, please let us serve you again.
Thank you again to staying with us.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at Nak Nakara for one night as wanted to stay downtown. Price was good on Agoda and free bicycle and free wife including breakfast. The room is clean, the staff are very attentive and smiley. I enjoyed staying at a more local kind of hotel, had a clean room with comfortable bed so not frills but basic decent accommodation with very nice staff and very good breakfast. I met Bee from reception which was very helpful showing me where I could go and even taking me to a new coffee shop that had just opened up she even stayed and had a drink with me and we had a nice conversation on the banks of the river in this new coffee shop called "Melt in your mouth". You really would not get that kind of interaction at chain hotels or bigger resorts so I was very happy with my stay in this hotel and would recommend it if you wish a non frills decent hotel in good location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. You are also our lovely customer.
I think Bee will be pleased to hear from you.
Although we are busy, we would find a chance to take time with our customer.
Take some tea in the late morning is a wonderfull time ever.
I hope you love our hotel and come back to Chiang Rai again in the near future.
We are looking forward to serve you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We arrived by bus from Chiang Mai w/o reservations. The information person at the bus terminal and a cab driver recommended this hotel. Very good first impression from reception staff and the hotel itself. After looking at their standard room and asking if we could stay for 3 nights, they upgraded us to an executive room at no extra cost since the standards were booked. Great! Although I thought the standard room was nice. Very quiet hotel. Large rooms, very clean. Breakfast was served buffet style. Earlier complaints indicated that they were lacking in western breakfast selections. They must have listened as there was a good selection of eggs, meat, potatoes, bread and various fruits. Staff was helpful in recommending restaurants in the area and things to do. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jozy10
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and give us the best review.
I will pass the admiration to the staff and I think they will be very happy to hear that.
Thank you for sharing the information about our egg station.
We always serve many kind of egg to the customers.
The cook is willing to do dish by dish in order to deliver the freshness of the food.
I wish you come to Chiang Rai again soon and let us serve you again in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The rooms here are quite large and very clean- white tile floors so much nicer than nasty carpet in america!
wifi worked well, mini fridge in room, and staff was very helpful.
It is a little bit of a walk to walking street, market and bus station, but not too far.
There is no elevator and rooms are on 3 levels so if you have young children or are older, request a ground floor room.

Room Tip: we had no view so didn't bother opening windows
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so gladful you like the clealiness of the room.
I agree with you to use a granite tile rathen than a carpet.
That why all rooms of Nak Nakara hotel has no carpet.
I am so sorry your room has no view.
I will consult with the construction team how I could do for the room on ground floor.
As we are located in town and the area is quite limited,
I always have an idea to set some small garden outside.
Thank you again to choose Nak Nakara hotel.
We are looking forward to serve you again here soon.