“Nice staffs, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nak Nakara

Nak Nakara
Ranked #4 of 108 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Da Nang
“Nice staffs, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

From Chiangmai i took greenbus to Chiangrai & stayed in Nak Nakara Hotel. My first impressive is staffs... They are so nice & helpful. I always see their smiles which make all travellers feel happy. Rooms are ok & clean... Breakfast is good! Cant believe it!
One thing i am unhappy here is there are mosquitoes outside at night time... Anyway, i will recommend to my friends who travel to Chiang Rai.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ThienNguyenDaNang
Nak_Nakara, Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for a great supportive comment.
We are appreciated to hear your comment so that we could improve.
Thank you to let us know about the mosquito in the hotel area.
As we have got the garden, it hardly avoid the insects.
However, we will let our maintenance staff to reduce it.
We wish you will come back again soon to celebrate our new swimming pool in September.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Hue, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Nak Nakra last November for a few days. We totally enjoyed our stay...the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Not fancy, but certainly pleasant.
The location is super. Right near the outdoor market and several temples.
We've decided to revisit Chiang Rai this July. They were so helpful in re-booking!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hawaii-Ina
Nak_Nakara, Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for re-booking with us.
We are delighted to serve you in the near future.
Chiang Rai has got more interesting places and restaurants.
Comparing to winter season, I myself prefer Rainy season to Winter season.
Not only is it greenery, but also there are many promotion prices from hotels and airlines.
If you book directly to our hotel, please not hesitate to ask for special rate.
We wish you have a safe trip toward us and we are looking forward to see you soon.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is very nice with warm hospitality. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. This is the best hotel in my northern Thailand trip. It located ideally just a two blocks away from the main road.
Breakfast are very nice. I would like to say thank you to the nice lady in the front desk and the guy who drove my mom and me to bus terminal under the heavy rainfall.

I will stay here again for the next northern Thailand trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
I hope you have a safe trip back to Hong Kong.
It is definitely our job to service you with kind heart.
Besides, We are appreciated to send you and your mom to the bus station.
You have got the happy time together with your mom, such a lovely family.
Thai is so nice.
If you have time again in the near future, please take time to stay with us.
We wish they will operate the daily flight for Chiang Rai-Hong Kong soon.
Do you agree with me?
Manukau, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nak Nakara is a charming hotel in the lovely rural town of Chiang Rai. Don't let the star rating fool you, this place is much better than many with many 3 star hotels I have stayed in. Staff here are lovely and helpful. Rates were very cheap and our room was decently sized and equipped. The room was nice and clean although I think there may be a minor ant problem.
We were also pleasantly surprised with the option of a free half day tour we were offered with our 3 night stay. Nak Nakara is about a 10-15 minute walk from the centre of town where you can check out the night bazaar and catch a bus to other parts of Thailand an beyond.
Unfortunately a pool was only just being built so it should be completed in a few months.
Definitely recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBaggles
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you so much for your great supportive.
We are really appreciated and happy while you were staying here.
If you have time for holiday again, please come to stay with us.
Chiang Rai is charm in rainny season too.
Everywhere is green and natural atmosphere.
I do wish you all the pleasant trip and have a safe trip back to New Zealand.
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here on our week travelling North of Chiang Mai on a family visit and it was absolutelt faltless. The room was great, the breakfast was more than adequate and it was ideally placed for food and bars. Lovely outdoor area with no pool but that was ideal as the two grandcildren were under two. Will definitely go back (if I can ever find it again ;={} )

Room Tip: Not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your great admiring.
Surely we would love to meet you again in the near future.
If you come again, I think your grandchild will a little bit grow up
and can use our new swimming pool.
We are excited to meet you and your grandchild soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a variety of hotels on this trip: high end condo, boutique hotel, bamboo hut, beach resort, but this one is by far my favorite!

The room was clean and well-maintained, breakfast was by far the best out of all hotels ( good variety, sanitary) and also the manager Nes was very attentive. One night on our way out to dinner he suggested bringing an umbrella, half an hour later there was a huge down pour.

The swimming pool was being built during our stay. I imagine once that's complete it will make the stay even nicer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nak_Nakara, Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Jessica
It's nice to hear from you. I hope you are doing well in Chiang Mai, Krabi and Phi-Phi island.
Thank you so much for the best admiring and I am sure that you would have a pleasant trip
because you are kind and nice. Most customers are inspired us to transfer only the best service
and one of them is you. You are our inspiration!
If you have time to Chiang Rai in the near future, please not hesitate to let us know.
Thank you again for choosing us as your holiday stay.
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2nights as my first trip at Chiang Rai . Though a bit far from shopping area , this place so quiet at night .
Unfortunately lift didn't available , so pity for porter , my luggage overload already and my room is on 3rd floor ...
Few maintenance haven't done .. and I didnt see any swimmingg pool here .. Breakfast located near lobby but not much variety of foods .. They played nice songs there made me enjoy my meals each morning ;)

• Stayed May 2014
Nak_Nakara, Manager at Nak Nakara, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for choosing Nak Nakara Hotel as the holiday destination.
We are appreciated your valued opinion.
I like your photos. They illustrate the happiness time during your stay.
If you have time in the future, please come to visit us again.
We are pleased to serve you.
Besides, There are a lot of newly-opened interesting places in Chiang Rai coming soon by the end of this year.
Thank you again for staying with us and have a safe trip back to your country.