Booked in for 3 nights and coud have stayed more. the staff coud not do enough for you from begining to end. Rooms were big and clean, we were lucky enough to have one on the 6th floor with a view of the river with a Wat in the background and the hug pool. Fruit was delivered to our room soon after we arived. The grounds were big and nice to walk around. I had the huge pool to myself duringthe day until people returned from their day trips, it was bliss. Food was delicious, only rawback the island cafe where we ate was cold as the air conditioning was on all the time and was not needed, at breakfast time we sat outside with the sun shining on us because it was so cold in the cafe. The breakfast buffet was really good and food in the evenings didnt go out of the hotel to eat it was so good. Also two of the nights there was entertainment outside in the garden for a large company staff do, this made it very noisy in the cafe where we were eating and when we went to bed. The next night it seemed to be a kareoke for the children again noisy. We would return again but would make sure there were no functions on at the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai is Situated on an Island in the Mae Kok River that flows through central Chiang Rai, Thailand's northernmost province. Located next to Chiang Rai Town and less than 45 minutes from the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet, Dusit Island Resort provides a gateway to explore the varied sights and sounds of the northern region. With easy access to the mountains, forests, rivers, ancient temples and colourful hilltribes, many of the region's major attractions are within a day's journey from the resort.The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of norhtern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak. Primarily a resort hotel, the Dusit Island Resort is also fully equipped to host business meetings, seminars and a variety of social functions.Whether travelling on business or for pleasure, no trip to northern Thailand would be complete without a stay at Dusit Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelbag, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel Wiang
- Dusit Island Hotel Chiang Rai
- Dusit Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Dusit