“Lovely”

Baanbaramee Guesthouse
Ranked #63 of 184 Chiang Rai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Everything about our stay here was lovely; the owner, room, free breakfast, location! What more do you need? A great choice for a stay in Chiang Rai and highly recommended. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roblund3

Reviewed 22 September 2013

STAFF....fantastic. The landlady is super sweet and helped me out with so many things. You can really see that for her you are more than just a paying guest, she actually cares about you and tries to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

ROOMS...super clean bathroom, a great shower and lots of space. The matress was pretty hard but that seems to be the case in most places.

BREAKFAST...everything you needed was there, including toast, fresh fruit etc. Coffee and tea are available all day which is great. The breakfast area is also really cute so I enjoyed just having a cup of coffee and talking to the staff every now and then.

LOCATION...its a good location, you can reach everything easily on foot, couldnt ask for more!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank julesfromgermany
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Baanbaramee was a very nice, clean guest house in Chiang Rai. My room was spotless, had a great hot shower with strong water pressure and a TV. Outside my room was a lovely balcony (communal) with little table and chairs. The guest house also offers free breakfast of toast and jam, pasta with veggies, and fruit. There is also free coffee and tea all day.
I arrived in Chiang Rai suffering of stomach flu. I was supposed to only stay a night and move on, but was unable to travel more due to my illness. The landlady, who speaks english, saw that I was unwell and offered to drive me to the hospital or pharmacy. She later came to my room with extra water and bananas, told me which room was hers and that if I needed any help not to hesitate and she would do whatever she could. What a great lady!!!!!!!!!
The only downside to the guest house is that the mattresses are too firm, but that is the norm around here and I have experienced that in all guesthouses in Thailand in this price range. This is my first review after two years of travel because I was so blown away but her kindness. I saw one review here that said there was a loud karaoke bar nearby that disturbed their stay, I did not experience this at all and say that anyone who travels should always have earplugs anyways! I wish this business nothing but continued success.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 007Nomad
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The rooms were very nice especially for this cheap price we did not expect it like this. The stuff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was really good, easy but everything you need. Coffee, tea and bananas all day long. We told them that we need to go to Chiang Khong and they organized a minivan which was even cheaper than the bus (the driver just came from there and needed to go back anyways - so it was a win-win- situation)
we asked the reception what is possible to do and as everything was too expensive for us, he keep on telling that we should do this and this... after some time it really became annoying!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This guesthouse truly deserves a fives star rating for all the right reasons.

SERVICE - superb! We arrived early and were greeted with the best customer service I have received by a long way and far exceeds the average Thai standards! Gave us a map when checking in and advised on all the best places to eat, drink and visit! Staff were very attentive and very helpful!

LOCATION - excellent, a 5 minute walk from the bus station which is crucial as most people use this as a stopping point between the Laos border and Chiang mai! within 2-3 minutes walk you were right in the centre of everything yet quiet enough to enjoy a good nights sleep!

ROOMS AND CLEANLINESS - rooms were very spacious with a good size bathroom and extremely clean and included a good size fridge! Great flatscreen TV however only downer was no english speaking channels!

SURROUND AREAS! we didnt want a touristy day trip but wanted the two must do's! Elephant ride/treck and white temple! Every tourist agent offered us nothing less than 1000 baht to get there and back! That is way over priced! My advice is to book them seperate! Best way is to book transport seperately with completely different Songthaews or Tuk tuks as they will try and charge you for a full day/half day rather than a return journey when combined. We got a songthaew return to Ruammit Karen village elephant camp for 300 baht, came back and then to the White Temple for 200 baht return. Over half a days worth of transport for 500 baht! Exactly what we wanted!

Whilst visiting Chiang Rai, this guest house delivers and exceeds on customer service and in terms of value is one of the best I have stayed at! If I ever returned i would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This guesthouse is really lovely, with nice and clean rooms with hot shower. The hostess is very nice and helpfull, she helped us with our travel plans to Laos and even printed a map for us, very sweet. Also a pleasant surprise was that they give you free breakfast in the morning. You can make toast with jam and butter, they have fruit, orange juice and sometimes they even make eggs and sausages and ricesoup! Also you can make coffee and tea all day, it was great.

Room Tip: We chose a room with 2 single beds and aircon because those rooms are bigger than the ones with a do...