“Best thing ever”
Review of Chiang Rai ATV

Chiang Rai ATV
More attraction details
Owner description: Your adventure begins at an unspoiled Mien/Yao Hill-Tribe we have 2 tours available, Half-Day & Full-Day. We have something for young & old, single travelers, honeymooners, families, in fact everyone! Both our tours have a stunning swimming/diving waterfall as the destination (towels supplied). The All-Day tour also goes to Haunted Fishing Lake and includes complimentary lunch. Our tours take in forests, safe mountain ridges, hidden valleys and are mostly off-road. There is a 10 minute trek through the jungle on both tours, as long as you can walk up/down hill for 10 minutes, you will be fine, it's nothing too strenuous. For more details check our website. We normally collect from your hotel twice a day, and in the low-season often at a time to suit you, so why not give us a go? We're not rated so highly for no reason! We are both Eco friendly and philanthropic, our primary aim is to improve the lives of our Hill Tribe and by being a customer you are helping us to help them.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I did this back in Feb 2013 after I found it on Trip Advisor and just registered so I could write my own comments. This was one of the highlights of my trip to Thailand - I tell all of my friends what I great time we had.

My wife was nervous because she had back surgery many years ago, so she rode next to me. It was a little bumpy and you get a little dusty but she was fine. It is very safe.

The ATV allows you to see remote, rural, and beautiful locations that otherwise would be impossible to see. Our guides (Sing was awesome and I apologize for forgetting the owner's name) were super nice and did everything to ensure we had a great time.

Lunch was awesome - just hanging out at the owner's house, swimming in his pool, and having lunch on the deck was the best. He even gave us a tour of his beautiful home.

Plus driving an ATV is AWESOME.

1  Thank Mark K
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you Mark for your kind review. Everyone here loves to read feedback, we strive to give our guests a great experience and the reward of knowing we achieved it put a smaile on the team when I told them.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The highlight of our trip in the North, there was only one other couple on the tour. Buggy things are great fun, Sing is a real gent and very proud of his adventure and rightly so.

Waterfall was stunning, we could have spent all day there, all the more special because we were the only people there. We are backpacking and this was quite a bit of our budget, but it's obvious it's an expensive activity for them to provide and we all thought it value for money.

Scenery was spectacular, probably the best part of it, would love to live there!

JaJa

1  Thank Jaja B
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you JaJa for your kind review, I told Sing this morning and he was really happy. He told me to tell you, if you're happy then he's happy. I hope we see you next year.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

we had a half day tour, including pick up from town. The atv's were good (driving quite quickly along narrow, hilly, windy and sometimes muddy tracks) and we enjoyed a swim in a beautiful pool at the owners place after the excursion, where a beautiful cool drink or two or three) were supplied. I thought that it would have been good to spend more time on the actual atvs but the time at the pond at the bottom of the waterfall was excellent.

Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. I am sorry we couldn't give you a full-day tour, we really struggle in the rainy season to keep even one of our tracks open. We had a tree fall and block the track the night before and we had 2 people out with chainsaws before you arrived to clear the track. We are all so glad you had a great time, our waterfall is a national park and one of the best kept secrets in this province, it never dries up too. It's 40km off the main road which keeps it nice and quiet for us. If it was more accessible it would be a major tourist attraction. I hope we get to see you again in another year.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

These guys have got it spot on. The last thing we wanted was the normal ATV type ride. This is all about seeing the most beautiful countryside we have seen in Thailand and the eclectic mix of Waterfalls, Jungle, Mountain Ridges and the whole adventure.

What's good...
Prompt collection, charming hosts, great company from the Australian couple on the tour, the countryside, safety, the waterfall, seeing the farmers waving at us in the field and the house on the mountain top where the tour finishes.

What's not so good...
Some of the tour is in the sun so you need sunscreen or a hat.

We are a family and we did our research and we got what we expected. If you're expecting noisy quad bikes and helmets and to be tearing up and down muddy trails, this isn't for you. If you're on holiday and want to see the real Thai way of life from the comfort of your own buggy, then you're going to love it.

Bring your swimming costume, the swimming hole at the waterfall is divine!

Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you June, I shared your review with the team and they were grinning like Cheshire cats.

We all hope we get to see you next year if you make it back to Chiang Rai

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was great fun - we did the afternoon 1/2 day tour as the full day wasn't available so we got picked up from our homestay at 1pm and arrived at the ATV place at 1.45pm. After a little practise spin we were ready to go - we only had 4 of us in our group and got on really well with the other couple - so much so we ended up traveling with them for the next few days to Laos! Anyway, we all hared it along dirt tracks up the mountain, through jungle - for around half an hour or so. Tip: take decent (preferable wraparound) sunglasses as the dust really gets kicked up and in your eyes - not great when you're trying to watch the 'road!' We pulled up our ATVs and walked to the waterfall which was lovely and you can jump into to pool bit. The boys climbed up the rock face a bit and jumped off that which was really fun too. While we were swimming, Sing (the manager), and his brother, made us mugs out of bamboo and heated up water on a fire so we could all have a coffee - we've kept ours and it's still fine three weeks later - a lovely souvenir. We then drove further up the mountain to Bruce's house, which is a sight to behold and has amazing views over Chiang Rai. Unfortunately we couldn't get in the infinity pool that day as the farmers had been doing lots of slashing and burning and all the ash rises to the top of the mountain and was all in the pool. This didn't bother us too much though as we'd already been swimming at the waterfall and were too busy eating the yummy (proper) ham sandwiches and playing with his cute puppy! Sing's English is excellent and he was really friendly - hearing about his life and his village throughout the day added to a wonderful experience that we'll never forget! Thanks Sing!!

2  Thank UAE_Girl
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review, I'm sorry about the farmers slashing and burning. You know, I vacuumed the bottom of the pool that morning and then 4 hours later the wind changed and the ash started arriving. Poor old Grandma didn't manage to close the windows in time and sge had just finished cleaning the house too. We have now extended the Waterfall Adventure Tour so it's not the same route there and back and everyone really raves about it.