“Excellent”

Chayadol Boutique Resort
Ranked #9 of 185 Chiang Rai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2013

After 3 or 4 hotels during our stay so far, this is the best. Not bang in center but cleanliness and standards are worth more than a walk or tuk tuk. Modern, very clean and staff are very pleasant and helpful. Book it without a hesitation. Thx

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Helper246
Narumon N, Owner at Chayadol Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Helper 246,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I had been to the Chayadol Boutique Resort during our 3-days-travel (and holiday) to the North-East of Thailand in the afternoon and night from Saturday to Sunday, a few days ago, and we had been a group of 17 people, including 6 children or teenagers, respectively, mainly Thai. We were welcomed very warm, and we realized at once that we really were welcome. Chayadol is a very charming little family-run hotel and, I am happy to be able to say this, it is a very comfy place. There is a spacious outdoor pool and a fitness room too (for those who do not feel related to the Mr Winston Churchill family and to Mr Churchill's "no sports" philosophy), the buildings and their surroundings are very well-kept and the architecture is beautiful in my opinion (being a friend to architects and to photographers of architecture only, I have to admit, but I believe I am able to judge this), the house is very clean and so are the rooms which you can book either with a pool view or with a view to the green vacant side on the backside of the buildings. There are rooms with king-size beds and rooms with twin beds so it is advisable to book precisely. My wife and I preferred one of the green side rooms and its little balcony, but some will prefer the pool side which might be fantastic too, e.g. having a room on the 1st floor with their little balconies which are looking to some mountains out there and where I can imagine to sit and to sip a pot of tea in the afternoon or a red wine in the early evening writing a story or reading a book and forgetting over time and space. The rooms and bathrooms are very nice and very clean, the beds covered with clean linen, and the pillows, as one reviewer here mentioned, are very comfortable too. Air conditioning is quiet but efficient, cable TV existing for those who want to watch TV, wireless internet is understood as well, Western breakfast has a level which is o.k. as we came for the food out there in the restaurants, refreshment drinks available all day. The staff are friendly and helpful even if guests from abroad might take a moment longer to make clear what their wishes are. The value is excellent. Staff should be attentive that there is sufficient toilet paper on stock in the room. It is advisable to have a map (I was told there is a map on the website) in order to find the place when you travel by car, and when you do not want to use your car in the evenings I guess that the Chiang Rai taxi drivers meanwhile know the Chayadol Boutique Resort, and it will be easy to be picked up there going to the city in the mornings or in the evenings and being back later in a taxi again. I was told that there is a service too provided by the Chayadol Boutique Resort to pick you up at the Chiang Rai Airport (I am not sure about this anyway) in case you are on arrival on a plane. When you are travelling in a car, GPS anyway is advisable.

My wife and I will be back soon for a 3 days' stay, without the family, to have more time for Chiang Rai and its cultural assets, including Northern Thai and Lanna Cuisine, and we are looking forward very much to stay at the Chayadol again, of course. And, by the way, I was surprised to hear some German words all of a sudden and learnt that the owners' family's daughter had been trained at a hotel management school in Switzerland and had been working in Switzerland too for a period of 4 years, and she is speaking German very well and is a very helpful young lady. So I invite my fellow-countrymen from GERMANY (and all of my friends from Italy too, of course) sincerely to come and spend some days in Chiang Rai and to enjoy the hospitality of this little gem called Chayadol. You will appreciate your stay as much as my wife and I did who will return to this place ever and ever.

Being a new resort, Chayadol may still have some teething troubles now and then, but it is a very charming place indeed. Do I have to mention this...? No, I do not have to mention this again: I would rate the Chayadol as HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE.

Room Tip: Rooms which have a pool view might be less quiet depending on people being in the pool, but all room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jurgen H

Dear Juergen H,

Reviewed 20 July 2013

There were five of us so we had three rooms above the pool. Very pleasant spot in a residential area. We had a car and GPS so managed to find it fine.
Only negatives were unreliable hot water. It wasn't a problem as we were more interested in getting cool - and hard beds. We are used to Thai beds, but these seemed extra hard, though lovely linen and covers etc. Good Wifi. Breakfast ok, the second morning they happily scrambled the eggs for a change.Everything spotless.

Room Tip: There was a noisy group in the pool one night but it wasn't a problem. The view out the back i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Narumon N, Owner at Chayadol Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Hinau,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at our hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! Thanks for highlighting your great experience in our pool. We have taken into consideration your comments regarding the hot water, we have now upgraded our central heating system to a more reliable provider. I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had a good overnight stay at this slightly off beaten track location boutique hotel. I was very pleased with the cleanliness and the condition of the room (modern, good quality bed with very clean linen and good pillows). The staff are very friendly and obliging to requests/information.

I must stay that I loved the balcony touch overlooking the pool, great place to have coffee/tea or a nice chilled beer with lovely mountain views as backdrop.

The hotel is connected to the Owner's house via the back kitchen so lacks a tad of privacy from the windows which aren't blackout or dark enough to discourage sunlight in the early morning. It is though a good hotel with great friendly staffs. Very suitable for short stays.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms on the higher floor have lovely views of mountain backdrops, good to chill out a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear HamentRai,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at tour resortl. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! Thanks for highlighting the need, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our views from the balconies. We have took into consideration your comment and we now have dark tinted windows at the back of the house to increase the privacy of our guests.I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The room rate was a bargain for the quality of the room and a decent breakfast with free and good Wi-Fi but the proviso is that it is a long way from the centre of Chiang Rai in a residential area and the cost of taxis rather negates the rate advantage.

The front desk staff will order a taxi to get you downtown, where there are restaurants, but it can be quite time consuming. Another problem is that taxi / tuk tuk drivers at the bus station and in the main street could not figure out where the hotel was, even with the address on the hotel’s card. Luckily I memorized some landmarks at key turns and the location of the entrance to the soi and was able to direct drivers.

The hotel has a small bike to rent and that was good to explore the city and the river/beach area.

Overall, it was a pleasant place to stay. There was not much happening in downtown Chiang Rai so staying closer to the centre would not be of any great advantage.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Dear P J,

Thank you for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at our hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words. We took into consideration your comments and since your stay with us we already placed up new direction signs around Chiang Rai to make local transportation services aware of our location. I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai one day at our resort

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This hotel was difficult to find, but when we rang they sent someone to find us so we could follow. There are no real attractions nearby although it is not far from the centre of the city.

Breakfast was just ok, Eggs, sausages, ham and toast.

I would stay again, but would probably try and find closer accommodation if something closer matched this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room down stairs
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Narumon N, Owner at Chayadol Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Dear Mr Gafferworld,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Chayadol Boutique Resort. We hope that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you to our hotel when you visit Chiang Rai again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2013

This Motel is quite new so it pays to take your booking documentation in Thai if possible so that you can direct your Taxi or Tuk Tuk when you arrive in Chiang Rai. It's about 2 kilometres from the town centre and as such is on the outskirts of Chiang Rai. This is no problem as a Tuk Tuk is always readily available and will cost you between 50 and 100 baht depending on your negotiation skills and the time of day(!). Either way it's between US$1.60 and $3.20, so no biggie.
The rooms are fresh and airy with all expected appointments. The staff speak little English, but get by. Breakfast was included in our package and was a Western Thai variety and made the start of the day easy. There is a pool and this is a welcome amenity at the end of a long days sight seeing out in the sun.
I loved this place.

Room Tip: Take the card (in English and Thai) offered at reception to use with the Tuk Tuk/ Taxi drivers for w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms BisoninExile,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Chayadol Boutique Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you again to our hotel when you visiting Chiang Rai in the near future.

Kindest Regards,