“A little too far out”

Ranked #7 of 172 Chiang Rai B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“A little too far out”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you are in Chiang Rai for only a couple of days I would not recommend this. Chiang Rai is small and nice to walk around which you can't do from this hotel. While clean and new and a good pool there are no real food options. I turned up around lunch time and they offered pizza delivery. Breakfast is small. Cereal, toast or not so good looking eggs and sausage. Staff speak limited English although they try to help out. Choose a location near the clock tower.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Narumon N, Owner at Chayadol Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Martyn S,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! Our hotel is centrally located in Chiang Rai, it is only a 5 minute Tuk Tuk or taxi drive from all the main attractions which costs. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on breakfast on that specific day, we always have Thai boiled rice, fried rice, sausages, ham, fresh scrambled eggs, guests can also request poached eggs or sunny side up eggs on request, toast, milk and a variety of fruit juices to choose upon. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai in the near future.

Som Narumon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Thai first
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at Chayadol hotel for 4 nights, and had a good experience. Cute hotel with friendly staff. We had trouble with the water heater in 2 different rooms, by the third day the heater worked fine. The breakfast was ok but with very little options, and same items everyday. The hotel is a bit far from downtown area, and we were discouraged to walk, which meant we had to take a taxi to and from anywhere we wanted to go (something to take into consideration as the taxi ride was around $4 dollars round trip). Nice hotel overall.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miabby
Dear Miabby,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! We have taken into consideration your constructive feedback. Please be noted that we have successfully increased the variety of products of our breakfast buffet and have also updated our central water heating system to a more reliable provider. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

zurich
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed at the Chayadol boutique hotel for 3 nights in august. A beautiful small hotel in a high end residential area in chiang rai. Everything worth seeing in chiang rai is within 10-15minutes by car. The hotel has a driver so they can drive you around the town and costs much less than a tuk tuk or a taxi. However me and my friends went out one night, came back with a tuk tuk was relatively cheaper than we expected. All in all, a great hotel, our rate included internet and breakfast. It was nice surfing the internet at night on a fast and reliable connection whilst relaxing in our a/c room or on our balcony. breakfast gets you off on a good start, sausages eggs cereal coffee. The hotel also has got a nice pool if you just want to relax for a day. Will recommend this hotel for sure. I will surely be back when i come back to chiang rai.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TheGreenTravellerGuy
Dear TheGreenTravellerGuy,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Nice hotel, nice swimming pool, good wifi speed, spacious room, nice room design, quiet environment but the location not centrally. Delicious breakfast and hope can have more variety choices for the breakfast.

3 Thank Elly K
Dear Elly K,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! We have taken into consideration your feedback and have slowly but surely increased the variety of food on our breakfast buffet. I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were hesitant due to previous reviews but so glad we came. Its easy to find with either map or iphone gps. Its brand new and more like a 50euro/nt place.
Staff are great pool is lovely, all very clean.
After several stays at this price range in north Thailand i would not hesitate in recommending it!!

1 Thank Lyndsay M
Dear Lyndsay M,

Reviewed 7 August 2013

After 3 or 4 hotels during our stay so far, this is the best. Not bang in center but cleanliness and standards are worth more than a walk or tuk tuk. Modern, very clean and staff are very pleasant and helpful. Book it without a hesitation. Thx

1 Thank Helper246
Dear Helper 246,

Trier, Germany
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I had been to the Chayadol Boutique Resort during our 3-days-travel (and holiday) to the North-East of Thailand in the afternoon and night from Saturday to Sunday, a few days ago, and we had been a group of 17 people, including 6 children or teenagers, respectively, mainly Thai. We were welcomed very warm, and we realized at once that we really were welcome. Chayadol is a very charming little family-run hotel and, I am happy to be able to say this, it is a very comfy place. There is a spacious outdoor pool and a fitness room too (for those who do not feel related to the Mr Winston Churchill family and to Mr Churchill's "no sports" philosophy), the buildings and their surroundings are very well-kept and the architecture is beautiful in my opinion (being a friend to architects and to photographers of architecture only, I have to admit, but I believe I am able to judge this), the house is very clean and so are the rooms which you can book either with a pool view or with a view to the green vacant side on the backside of the buildings. There are rooms with king-size beds and rooms with twin beds so it is advisable to book precisely. My wife and I preferred one of the green side rooms and its little balcony, but some will prefer the pool side which might be fantastic too, e.g. having a room on the 1st floor with their little balconies which are looking to some mountains out there and where I can imagine to sit and to sip a pot of tea in the afternoon or a red wine in the early evening writing a story or reading a book and forgetting over time and space. The rooms and bathrooms are very nice and very clean, the beds covered with clean linen, and the pillows, as one reviewer here mentioned, are very comfortable too. Air conditioning is quiet but efficient, cable TV existing for those who want to watch TV, wireless internet is understood as well, Western breakfast has a level which is o.k. as we came for the food out there in the restaurants, refreshment drinks available all day. The staff are friendly and helpful even if guests from abroad might take a moment longer to make clear what their wishes are. The value is excellent. Staff should be attentive that there is sufficient toilet paper on stock in the room. It is advisable to have a map (I was told there is a map on the website) in order to find the place when you travel by car, and when you do not want to use your car in the evenings I guess that the Chiang Rai taxi drivers meanwhile know the Chayadol Boutique Resort, and it will be easy to be picked up there going to the city in the mornings or in the evenings and being back later in a taxi again. I was told that there is a service too provided by the Chayadol Boutique Resort to pick you up at the Chiang Rai Airport (I am not sure about this anyway) in case you are on arrival on a plane. When you are travelling in a car, GPS anyway is advisable.

My wife and I will be back soon for a 3 days' stay, without the family, to have more time for Chiang Rai and its cultural assets, including Northern Thai and Lanna Cuisine, and we are looking forward very much to stay at the Chayadol again, of course. And, by the way, I was surprised to hear some German words all of a sudden and learnt that the owners' family's daughter had been trained at a hotel management school in Switzerland and had been working in Switzerland too for a period of 4 years, and she is speaking German very well and is a very helpful young lady. So I invite my fellow-countrymen from GERMANY (and all of my friends from Italy too, of course) sincerely to come and spend some days in Chiang Rai and to enjoy the hospitality of this little gem called Chayadol. You will appreciate your stay as much as my wife and I did who will return to this place ever and ever.

Being a new resort, Chayadol may still have some teething troubles now and then, but it is a very charming place indeed. Do I have to mention this...? No, I do not have to mention this again: I would rate the Chayadol as HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE.

Room Tip: Rooms which have a pool view might be less quiet depending on people being in the pool, but all room...