“Great Staff”

Ranked #7 of 172 Chiang Rai B&B and Inns
Lac La Biche, Canada
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

When I stayed here the staff helped me immensely and were very thoughtful. They organized a taxi for a friend and I to Phu Chi Fa and even gave us bagged snacks, since we woke up to early for breakfast. It is a little way from the main centre, but they offer free use of pedal bikes. It was a nice ride into the main centre, but do be aware of soi dogs. The rooms are quite nice and very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AmandaLea123
Narumon N, Owner at Chayadol Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Ms AmandaLea123,

Thank you very much for your comment :) We glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Chayadol. We try our best to provide our guests great services and we are happy to hear that you were happy with us. We will keep improving ourselves so maybe next time when you are in Chiang Rai, we will have a chance to serve you again.

Thank you very much and hopefully, see you next time.

Som Nilmanon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Thai first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is a bit far from the action, but you can rent a motorcycle or they also offer a cheap shuttle service for some popular spots in town.

But other than that, the rooms are really nice for the price. Everything was super clean. The room that I rented had a nice balony just in front of the pool.

The staff was super friendly and always smiling. So for the price, it's hard to get a better deal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

3 Thank joproulx
Dear Mr joproulx,

Thank you very much for your comment. We glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Chayadol.

If there is any chance in the future that you will visit Chiang Rai, we hope that we will have a chance to serve you again.

Som Nilmanon
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I enjoyed three days here on my trip around Thailand. I found it easy to find and to get around from. You can borrow bicycle for free and it is not far to the main road around Chiang Rai. If you call ataxia to go to eat or to the night market it costs only 60Baht. Breakfast was good, the rooms are comfortable & clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. Worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James A
Narumon N, Owner at Chayadol Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Bennet_Asia,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai one day in the future.

Bali
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Place offers great value, spacious, clean and well-appointed rooms, good shower, excellent Wi-Fi.

But if you would like to relax and sleep, get a room away from the pool. Families rolled in, kids immediately started screaming. Real nice (not) the next morning after being out late, 07:00 the kids start screaming in the halls, then the (very [not] considerate) parents dump them in the pool immediately below the poolside rooms. So at 07:30 you have kids screaming right outside (and I mean RIGHT outside) your room. (Actually, they are out there screaming right now, but 20:45. So... still sucks. I pay for a decent hotel, I expect some *quiet enjoyment* and the staff to step in and tell parents to keep their kids reasonably quiet.)

Also, next door neighbor runs a kennel, or just keeps a bunch of dogs locked up, something like that. Being fair to the dogs, less of a problem than the kids and their oblivious and inconsiderate parents. The dogs mainly only went berserk about dawn, when, I guess, the owner was feeding them.

Then again, trying to catch up on sleep after the kids in the pool at 07:30. later that morning, one dog just barked, barked and barked. Earplugs in, pillow over ear, did not work: "bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark..." Then the kids started up again. And they later recommenced and go on as I write this.

Seriously, at the risk of coming off as a *grinch* (actually, not worried about that), I have had countless hotel stays booked via Agoda messed up by oblivious parents and their out-of-control, often spoiled, screaming and crying kids (Western and Asian). Really time for a *No Kids* check box. I'd check it; happily pay extra.

(For the record: In Agoda special request field, I did indeed request a *quiet* room.)

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool if you require quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Bennet_Asia,

Thank you for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. We are truly sorry to hear your comments regarding some of our guests. We would like to inform you that our staffs did what we could to inform the other guests to keep quiet. Unfortunately, the problem did not solve the way we want. Please accept our apology. For the dogs, we are sorry that we cannot do anything regarding this matter. We communicated to the owner of the dogs before but this issue is out of our control. Once again we apologise if any inconveniences arose. If ever you come back to Chiang Rai, it would be a pleasure to welcome you in our resort again!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 February 2014

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank A'Krit T
Dear A'Krit T,

Thank for your great comments about the service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My two-night stay was excellent. I got much more than I had expected from 900 THB (30 USD) per night, i thought only nice bed and clean room would be it. And they proved me wrong, the first impression occurred since we parked the car. Marc showed a politeness telling us we were parking in a personal garage (the hotel is a part of home area). He was soooo polite that My bf and I looked at each other and said "why he is so polite?!".

Our room was next to the pool, clean, good amenities and comfortable king-size bed. Breakfast is all-you-can-eat. Staff were so nice with smile on all the time and helpful. Some reviews said the location is hard to find and not closed to the center, but it didnt make my stay less memorable because only the first time that seems hard to find but after that it is easy. Not being closed to the center is great as it is quiet and anyway we got around by driving.

The owners (Som and Marc) are so caring, I have many examples here. We went to the Front at night looking if there was any chocolate on shelf, Som went into her home and came back with her chocolate, this showed us she did everything she could to make guest smile. The first night, there was a loud noise from a big group with kids. The next morning Som approached us to apologize.

I highly recommend this place to anyone who appreciate a relaxing, quiet atmosphere and sincere service mind. You will get much much more than you pay.

Room Tip: Every room has spacious balcony and you can request whether you want pool view or green scenery.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Yada M
Dear Yada M,

Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This resort is very nicely decorated with good amenities. The staff was extreamly friendly and helpful with anything I needed. A bit out of the way from many for the activity areas but certainly would consider using again on the next trip. Rooms were fine, Delicious breakfast and the service pleasant. I would highly recommend this resort if you are looking for something nice away from the crowds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Psnancy
Narumon N, Owner at Chayadol Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Psnancy,