“Great price, rustic spot”
Review of Barrab

Barrab
Ranked #2 of 274 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thank for all customers.
Chicago
“Great price, rustic spot”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Trip adviser need to adjust the price for this place. Meals are cheap..45_60baht per plate. Simple food, great flavor and relaxing place. Picnic tables and open air.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank A J

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Grenoble, France
“Awesome local tasty food in Chiang Rai!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Been checking on trip advisor for a nice place to eat, this one was in line with the good comments!

For a cheap budget, you get great mix of meats (local pork, chicken, beef) in delicious sauces.
Staff is a family and the room is a local one with thai atmosphere.

Please go if you look for tasty thai experience!

1 Thank Jekyllboy
“Nice family Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Nice little restaurant. Loved the pad thai. Smaller portions are fine with us as we had been eating way too much. Lower prices to match. friendly staff.

Visited February 2014
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Great old style family run restaurant in Chiang Rai”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Whenever I go to the Barrab, I feel like I am visiting relatives who don't mind if I rummage around in the kitchen for a while before making up my mind what to eat. I am not sure if everyone working there is related but it sure feels like it. Different family members are in charge of different areas, like the noodle soup counter, the coffee and fruit drinks counter, and the north and north-eastern Thai specialties counter.

There are always some new foods being brought from the kitchen to the fron to of the restaurant counters, or even being brought in from another location. I first pick a place to sit, order a drink and then wander around picking up pot lids and checking out the newest thing to come from the kitchen. Depending on who is on duty I might even be given some free samples to try and an extra plate of something new if I take a certain dish. Sometimes I will eat Kao Soi the famous curry noodle dish from Northern Thailand and at other time I might have some BBQ Chicken and Somtam with Sticky Rice from North East Thailand.

Whatever I choose to eat a Barrab I always feel satisfied when leaving and look forward to my next visit.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank georgemann
Sydney, Australia
“Cute restaurant near clock tower”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We came here for dinner. The servings were probably smaller than other restaurants in Chiang Rai but very good. I ordered penang curry (not much sauce but still nice), my husband ordered Pad thai. They were both good. We then ordered mango & sticky rice for dessert. It was HUGE and it was delicious!

And it was very reasonable (2 main, 1 dessert & a bottle of water for 170 baht). I would definitely come back here again... maybe for lunch & dessert!

• Visited March 2014