Wiang Indra Riverside Resort
US$22
US$203
US$113
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a terrible hotel range from the location to rooms, everything!

First, the room. My room located at the block 8 of the resort which is freaking far. In order to get to my room, I need to walk at least 10 minutes from the lobby. When I reach the room, it stink. It smell like the room never been used for centuries. Then the shower tap was not functioning. We called the reception and they sent somebody to fix it. The people tried to fix for 30 seconds then left. I tried it but it is not fixed and I have to call them come back to fix it again (luckily they are next door because my parent's room have the same problem). Finally, they fix the thing.

Next, I tried to called to reception for some reason and they can't speak English and I can't speak Thai! I am really frustrated that time!

My advise is NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Location is near to river, and the best for hotel is wide pool.
Perfect to get in after all day traveling around.

+ wi-fi in reception zone and sometimes goes until room
+ territory
+ massage salon

- need refurbishment for rooms and shower room (rooms are big, but seems like run through many clients)
- TV normally don`t go
- breakfast a bit poor choice

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lindawelsa
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel was a huge disappointment...the rooms were dirty and the bathroom was in desperate need of a reno. The bed headboards were made of fabric and were stained and soiled. The towels were of the standard I use as rags at home. The bathroom had black mold in the corners along with other issues. I would never stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone. I can handle a room that is sparse but I cannot handle dirty!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lianne B
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This hotel was part of our driving package. It very large and caters mainly to large tour groups and is located quite a distance from the center of Chiang Rai.

While the lobby looked promising when we arrived in our room we were very disappointed. The carpets were dirty and shabby, the bathroom was out-dated and the towels threadbare. There is not internet in the rooms and the internet service in the lobby is slow and unpredictable.

The breakfast room is not very clean and the breakfast was not the standard we had come to expect on our travels through Thailand.

As we had arrived late we wanted to go downtown for dinner. When we asked if the hotel could call a taxi for us we were told that they would not. We could use the hotel shuttle service which was THB 100 per person. As we wanted to leave the hotel to eat we paid the THB 400 (there were 4 of us). When we wanted to go back to the hotel the restaurant ordered us a taxi and the price to bring us back to the hotel was THB 40 (10% of the price). Needless to say we felt ripped off by the hotel.

At check out we wanted to settle our bill with a credit card and were asked if we could pay cash. When we said "no" there was a great deal of sighing behind the desk and then we had to wait 10 minutes to settle our account.

This is not what we were accustomed to in Thailand.

If you have a choice of hotel do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The location is such that it is not easy to go into town, one has to organize local transport. The hotel is filled with tourists.... hundreds arrive every day and are leaving every day, the lay out is such that one has to walk probably for 10 minutes to the rooms. The rooms are not that luxurious but are ok. Wifi only is working in the lobby. Food is served inside and outside. Somehow it seems that all tourists arrive quite late and are leaving early, so the dining sessions - especially breakfast - are very busy. The food is ok. This hotel probably serves the needs of the average foreign tourist.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends