Golden Triangle Palace Hotel Chiangrai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Golden Pine Resort(Chiang Rai)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Can't recommend this place if you are staying in Chiang Rai. Tried to like it, liked the location, tried to like the hard beds, too many Mosquitos, and bathrooms, well they need total renovation. There are much better place in the city, we found a good one after we left the Golden Triangle.

Room Tip: Might want to look else where.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harpswellboy
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I found the room to be decently clean, bathroom was not super clean but was barely acceptable. I turned the air conditioner on and it was super noisy. Luckily the overhead fan works well and it is plenty cold at night. My biggest issue is a lack of sound insulation, as I could hear the street noise, breakfast noise, and even worse my neighbor using the toilet...

I will look elsewhere next time as there are plenty of choices in this town.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed there for 1 night. It looks good on first glance, cool garden, you have breakfast in the morning, walking distance to the night market and the old bus station. The main problem was that the bathroom was dirty and my friend got bitten by something during the night. On the other hand the staff is great, but there are way better places in Ching Rai to stay in.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cvetiv
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed overnight at the Golden Triangle Inn on my way to Chiang Khong and Huay Xai and was very pleased with the pleasant service, wifi and location. A short walk from the fruit market and the night market it is also within minutes of the bus station, a variety of restaurants and night clubs. The room was clean and the AC and fans worked. The bathroom was small but also clean. Nice tropical gardens and good value for money.

Room Tip: To get to the bus station cross the main road and walk through the drive of the large store and out their back gate. This gate may be closed after 6 pm.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2012

After having read positive reviews on trip advisor and Frommers, booked into this quaint hotel. Room is nice size, however the room had an overwhelming smell of mildew and stale cigarette smoke. also, the bathroom was filthy - mold in the grouting of the shower and in all corners of the room. was also surprised when I brushed my teeth that the sink does not drain directly into the sewer system, rather it drains onto the floor and eventually flows into the floor drain. We onlyv took the room for one night. Went for a walk around Chiang Rai of a couple of hours. when we returned to the room, my wife laid down to have a nap and discovered a gecko under her pillow. we decided to leave and look for other accommodations. Bottom line, I would never stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple