“What a lovely boutique hotel!”
Review of Le Patta

Le Patta
Ranked #2 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
nyc
“What a lovely boutique hotel!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Here is a hotel whose parts are greater than the sum: yes, it is new and modern and comfortable. Yes, the swimming pool is clean and refreshing and the internet works well. Yes, it happens to be located within a five minute walk to the Night Market, to the Saturday Walking Street and to the Clock tower, as well as fairly close to the old bus station and about 15 minutes from the airport. All this is good.

But it is the wonderful, caring staff that made our three night stay in March 2014 memorable. The wonderful, gracious ladies at the front desk truly wanted our stay to be positive. They arranged trips, followed up to know whether we enjoyed them. Our group of four always felt they were not just going through the motions, but were always striving to do their very best. I will definitely come here again during my next visit to Chiang Rai. I only hope success doesn't ruin this place.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, room with terrace facing the pool. It was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Melsays,
Thank you very much for taking time to write us this positive review, we are so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay here. Furthermore, I'm so glad to hear that our staffs was helpful for your trip in Chiang Rai. Please be sure that we will keep this service standard as our core value. I really hope that you would come to visit us again, and let us know whether we are able to keep our promise or not.

Charnchai P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Excellent new Hotel! Very professional and friendly Staff! Top service.Special good location in the city. The room was spacious, very clean and the bathroom was the best I had during my trip in Thailand! Breakfast could have been larger. No Buffet at that time.

• Stayed December 2013
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Corinne B,
We always appreciate the review from our guests especially the guests during the first months of our opening. Since we have learnt and improved a lot from your feedback and review. I'm very delighted to say that starting from end of last year we have put our buffet line everyday and so on we added many new menus according to the guests' suggestions and review.
I hope you would have chance to come back to visit us and explore how much we have improved so far. Thank you and thank you for this gorgeous review.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Location could not be better. Very new hotel. Free pick up and drop off at bus station, which is 5 min walk in any case. Very polite and pleasant staff who spoke good English. Staff definitely 5 star. Pretty and clean rooms with private balcony. Free nonalcoholic mini bar. I did have a problem making a reservation on their web site as it did not display prices when entering my credit card info. I did not like that they would not let us have our 7-year old share our bed. Pool isn't heated, so in the winter time it is a bit too cold for my liking, about 18-19 degrees I would guess. Breakfast was good with a dedicated egg station, but coffee not as strong as I like it. Only thing which was clearly substandard was the safety deposit box in the room. Not big enough for a small computer and wouldn't open as it should. Would recommend anyway and think it must be the best hotel in its price range in Chiang Rai.

Room Tip: Pool view - maybe all rooms are? - at higher floor and at the back of building probably best choice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gestalter
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Gestalter,
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us. We did appreciated it and also we did accepted your feedback toward our website and safety box. With our respect, we do have plan to re-new of both our web site and safety box to make it more safe and convenience for guests. I hope both of them will be completed soon.
Moreover, I do apologize for your kid. We certainly did not intend to make any trouble or additional penny from our customer, besides that we always consider for guest's most comfortable and convenience. And to standardize this we have followed most hotels practice for extra bed's age. Please accept my sincerely apology and if you would have chance to visit us again, kindly let me apologize you in person.

Uk
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a great hotel and very good value for money. The wifi is good........I'm currently relaxing by the lovely pool . From the moment we arrived , everything has been perfect.
The staff are delightful, our poolside room is beautifully decorated , and the rain shower in the spacious bathroom is just right. The beds and pillows are wonderfully comfortable. There are complimentary snacks in the fridge, a kettle, a safe and even an emergency torch......all the details have been carefully thought out.
Breakfast is excellent . Location is great .....just a short distance from the downtown bus station and a block away from the Saturday Walking market..
Bicycles are available . If desired , the hotel car can be booked for transportation to the airport......either 100 or 150 per person.
Highly recommended, and compared to what we see around town, this certainly appears to the number one choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OTG26
Dear OTG26,
Your review make our day a wonderful day. I often share the review either good or bad to my staffs. in order to correct what we have done wrong and to encourage what we have done correctly. I'm certainly sure that your review will motivate every one here to keep our services and facilities in our best condition. Thank you again and please come to visit us again in your next journey.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed two nights and Le Patta was all we could have asked for at the price. Being a new hotel, everything was in very good condition, bedroom, bathroom, soft furnishings, sheets and towels were new crisp and clean and the wifi, TV and DVD worked well. Even a complimentary mini bar (ok no alcohol) with soft drinks, some fresh fruit, crisps, biscuits, etc. The breakfast was fine, all the basics were there, eastern and western and each cup of coffee freshly made to order.
The hotel was well located in the heart of the town with the night market and bus station only a block away. For the reasonable price we could not have expected more, a very modern comfortable hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The only possible criticism I could make was that the balcony rails were at thigh height, could be dangerous for kids, people partying or the elderly.

Room Tip: Take a room on the top floor, better view and breeze, unless you are nervous of low balcony rails, i...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamesli
Dear Jamesli,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during your trip here. Furthermore, I do appreciate your recommend on our balcony rails' height, I did checked on it, the current height is about 90 cm. or 30 inches following Thailand's safety standard. I will consult with the safety engineer if we could raise the height a few inches for better safety. Besides this, I'm firmly sure that the rails are very strong and firm.
I would like to express my thankful for your feedback again, and hope to welcoming you at our hotel in the near future.

Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This new build is ideal for a short stay. Delightful staff who organised trips with VIP travel for us. We had 2 excellent days out. Breakfast was varied and lovely. A good pool but chilly when we were there! Ideal for night bazaar and eating places.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PJR1949
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear PJR1949
Thank you for sharing your experience, we are so happy that you enjoyed with our location and services. All of our staffs are eager to service every guests with their best, especially our front staffs. They will be very happy if any guests ask them for help to arrange the trip or where and what to see in Chiang Rai. I wish you will return to our city again and let us take care of your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've been to Chiang Rai a few times and I must say it's the best hotel there I've ever stayed in. It's a beautiful hotel exuding Northern Thai charm. I stayed in a deluxe twin room, with a verandah backing onto the hotel's beautiful swimming pool. The room was beautiful, good-sized and spotlessly clean, and the bathroom is huge and well-designed, with a great shower. The whole minibar was free too!

The service provided was fantastic everyone there was so nice and super-helpful. I left one of my bags (with something very valuable inside it!) in the hotel's van on the free transfer from the airport. I had totally forgotten about it and after the driver reminded me the next day about it, I collected it at reception. And one of the hotel staff in particular was so enthusiastic in providing me with details of the lesser-known attractions outside the city, drawing road directions and landmarks for me on paper.

Breakfast was average as is expected in Thailand, though the staff at the hotel restaurant again provided excellent service.

The hotel is in a fantastic location, close to the night market, a few minutes walk down the road to the clocktower and the main market, and a few minutes walk in the opposite direction to the fresh food market and adjacent to that, the bus terminal - which is also adjacent to the night market. It also helps the hotel has free bicycles you can use.

You can find cheaper hotels in Chiang Rai but I say this hotel is totally worth it! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SteamEngineman
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear SteamEngineman,
It's another beautiful day for us to receive your review. We are so glad to be some helpful during your trip in Chiang Rai. I often remind my staffs that even though our hotel is not a mega 5-star hotel chain, we could exceed them with our honest services and treatments. Your words would be our encouragement to keep this standard and practice. I'm really hope that you would come back to visit Chiang Rai and let us welcome you here at Le Patta again. Kob Khun Krub.