“Downtown Chiang Rai's best hotel.”
Review of Le Patta

Le Patta
Ranked #2 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Downtown Chiang Rai's best hotel.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived at Le Patta after our airport pick up from our flight from Bangkok. We received a warm reception on arrival and a welcome drink before being accompanied to our modern stylish room with balcony overlooking the pool on the ground floor. In fact, I think we received a complimentary upgrade as our comfortable room was in a beautiful position and looked superior to the one I booked online. Le Patta is centrally located in downtown Chiang Rai round the corner from the Night Market, close to the clock tower and in walking distance of the central temple area. Although on a main road the the hotel interior and the well tended garden/pool areas are quiet and relaxing.
We did not eat did not have dinner in the restaurant but enjoyed the excellent varied breakfasts.
Le Patta is my recommended choice in Chiang Rai combining a clean stylish modern hotel with friendly attentive staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colin G
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Colin G,
Many thanks to your positive review, we are so delighted that you had a good time here in Chiang Rai with us. I'm so glad that you had chance to explore and enjoy many attraction sites around our hotel (the night market, clock tower and old town area and temples). I'm feeling a little sorry that you have missed our Saturday walking street market dues to our political situation. It's a highlight for the evening and night time activity including the foods, local goods and performance. And it's located just across the street. the event will resume as normal soon and I do wish that you would give it a try on your next visit to Chiang Rai. Thank you.

Charnchai P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were picked up from the airport in an immaculate vehicle. Lovely reception and quick check in. Good size room, well equipped. Good bathroom. Pleasant setting. Very convenient for town, night market and restaurants. We dined in the restaurant one evening, very willing staff but limited menu. Breakfasts were adequate. Nice helpful place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear grumpy554,
Thank you for taking your time to share us your experience here, we indeed highly appreciate it. I'm so happy that our cleanliness and staff manner standard could meet your expectation. We will keep maintain these level as our core value to ensure all guests' comfortable and satisfaction. Also, I will try to revise and improve according to your feedback on our restaurant menu. Please be sure, our team will not stop working to make this hotel getting better and better. I wish we would have chance to serve you again in the near future. Thanks.

United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed one night with a group of friends at this lovely new hotel. The room was beautiful and very modern and the staff very pleasant and helpful, including the manager who greeted us at the door. The hotel is conveniently located near the night market and other downtown Chiang Rai spots and we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Travels_with_Tea,
Thank you for taking time to give us this wonderful review. It's our pleasure to welcome you and your friends here at Le Patta. Everyone here is very happy to learnt that you and your friends felt comfortable and enjoyed with our hotel. I do hope that you will return to Chaing Rai again and please don't forget to visit us. Thanks.

Loveland
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I traveled with a group of women and this hotel was great because if it's location. We could walk to the weekend market, restaurants and spa's. The rooms are very nice and the staff were friendly and accommodating. The manager of the hotel welcomed us and we saw him several times during our stay. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was very good. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear othotraveler,
We are so glad to have chance to host you and your group here at Le Patta. I took great delight to know that we have not disappointed you and friends. Your group is so kind and friendly (ideal guests for every hotel, I could say that). And especially, when we have learnt the purpose of your group's trip to help and support poor children in our area. It's such a kindly and beneficent thing for those people. As a local, we would like to express our appreciation and grateful for your dedication and effort.
I do hope that we would have opportunity to welcome our "Good Friends and Guests" again.

Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We decided to stay at Le Patta due to such good Trip Advisor reviews and I am so glad we did. We booked 2 nights through Agoda at $AUD76 per night for a deluxe room with breakfast. Our room was spacious, bright, clean and contained all the amenities one requires for a relaxing stay including free WIFI, tea/coffee making facilities (free mini bar, crisps and soft drinks), AC and flat screen tv. Our room had a balcony (with a handy laundry line) that overlooked the swimming pool which was ideal for cooling off at the end of a busy day.
Le Patta is a new boutique type hotel well situated in the town centre, being only a five minute walk to the clock tower and even closer to the Saturday night market on Thanalai Road. It is a great base for day trips exploring northern Thailand, Burma and Laos. Visiting the Saturday night market is a must as in my opinion it is one of the best markets in Thailand so when booking your stay ensure you take in a Saturday. From the hotel the market starts at Wisetwiang Road where you have all the food stalls and then you can turn either left or right into Thanalai Road at the bottom and shop to your hearts content. There is a square off Wisetwiang/Thanaalai roads where you can sit, eat and drink whilst enjoying a local band or singer on the big stage. You may even want to get up and dance yourself! If you are looking for bars and restaurants then head over to Jet Yod Road which is maybe a ten minute walk from the hotel.
During our stay we availed ourselves of the free bicycles on offer. We spent a delightful morning cycling through the local neighbourhood and down to the riverside; highly recommended. Some tips to the management to fine tune operations. The breakfast selection is a bit sparse and as others have noted the spring roles and dim sums need to be served warm not cold and the bread on offer (both white and brown) is way too sweet. We did however appreciate the eggs cooked to order and the coffee was great, one of the best cups we’ve had in Thailand. The tv could do with a few more western channels eg BBC, CNN and Australian channel. You seriously need to do something with the deck chairs on the balcony, they are terribly uncomfortable to the point of being almost impossible to sit on for longer than a couple of minutes before your rear end goes numb. I see it as you have two options. Get some quality cushions to cover them or use them as fire wood and invest in a small table and chair set.
Last but not least I would like to give special mention to the staff. From the front desk to the bell hop to the lady cleaning the pool everybody was so friendly, informative and attentive to our needs. I would go so far as to they are some of the best I have come across in Thailand. All in all a delightful stay and I have no hesitation in highly recommending Le Patta to my fellow traveller.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe on the ground floor over looking the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Camjar,
It's a terrific moment to read through your detailed review. Honestly, we are so glad to know that our hotel and staffs have deliver the good service during your stay. Please accept our sincerely thank.
Apart from the hotel, I think you have really touched Chiang Rai, the details of Saturday Walking Street and Jet Yod Rd. are surely will be useful for other in this forum and I definitely sure they will try it out when they have chance to.
Furthermore, I would like to personally thank for your tips, I will inform to restaurant section for the comment upon deep fried stuffs and bread. We will find the solution to make it better. I have to apologize for our TV channel, we are in process to change to new program which including most of the channels you have mentioned but it would take a few week to complete.
Finally, for the balcony chair, we will try to replace with more comfortable one (the current one is the hand-made product from the local village in Chiang Mai). I promise that we will try every way to improve it. And I highly hope that you would give us more tips to tune up when you return to Chiang Rai once more. Thank again.

Tagbilaran City, Philippines
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stay in the hotel for 4 nights. Actually no need give a description of the hotel when everything is perfect. Specially the service from the desk, the cleanliness , location and relaxing place are super. And thanks to the manager to help find back the camera from my gf.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear FDS520,
Glad to see the review from you and thank you for your compliment. I'm really sorry for the delay of your trip dues to the lost of your camera. But we all have done a good job to recover it back. And I would like to share this thank to the drivers in bus station for their hospitality to help finding your asset. I certainly hope that the rest of your trip will be full with delight and excitement. Please don't forget us when you will return to Thailand again.

Melbourne
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with a friend for a weekend in May.

Location was perfect for us as we could walk to night bazaar and Saturday street market.

Bicycles on site were an added bonus particularly as unlike many hotels the bikes were new and the hotel provided helmets.

Staff were fantastic. More than willing to cut up limes for our soda water and fresh mangoes we purchased from a local market.

Organised driver to take us on a tour. He was fantastic, spoke very good English, suggested places to visit (and not places like in other parts of Thailand that he would get a kickback from) and even arrived 15 minutes early so we weren't waiting.

Unfortunate this driver was not available on the second day and given combination of local elections and being a Sunday it was difficult to get a driver particularly as we wanted to leave by 3.30am to go up the mountain for sunrise. Hotel staff persisted and arranged another driver for us. Unfortunately he wasn't as good as the first but we really appreciated their effort in arranging the driver along with the breakfast pack and late check out offered.

Like other reviews we did find the music from the night bazaar could be heard from our room. Although not ideal it didn't prevent us from sleeping. It was a little strange as it seemed louder at the hotel compared with the noise level when we were at the night bazaar.

My only criticism is the breakfast. The range was fine but some of the food in particular the hash browns and spring rolls weren't hot. I also found the bread too sweet and the bacon too fatty for me to eat. Unfortunately the fatty bacon seems to be common across Asia. To date I have only found one hotel that served good quality short cut bacon, everywhere else seems to have very fatty streaky bacon.

Overall I would definitely stay at Le Patta again if I return to Chiang Rai.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jacalyn Leah M
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear wackijac,
Thank you very much for your review. First of all, I'm feeling really sorry to hear that the driver on your second day trip is not as good as the first one. We shall note and mark this driver performance for future reference. I accepted that it's a little bit difficult to find a good price and driver for your trip dues to many factors as you have mentioned. We will put more effort to prepare for such case in future or if you would come to visit us again please let us help to arrange your trip in advance and we will never let you down.