“Comfort Hotel, The New Star in Chiang Rai”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Patta

Le Patta
Ranked #2 of 108 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Heaven
“Comfort Hotel, The New Star in Chiang Rai”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed suite room. Room is spacious for families. All staff are friendly. Free mini bar has a good selection include Shingha Beers. Breakfast, main course selection, anothers are buffet. It's OK for me, but it may be a small for big eaters.
Location is near night market, about 5 minutes walk. In front of the hotel, there is Budget car rental.
Recommend for all travelers.
Come back to Le patta? Of course, value for money.

Room Tip: Free mini bar and free shuttle, direct reservation from Le patta web only.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jandara_2013
pcharnchai, Guest Relations Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Jandara_2013,

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time to write us a great review and we are pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our complimentary minibar and breakfast. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,
Pilinda P.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The staff and management at Le Patta couldn't have been better! We had 2 families in our group and we had just finished a four day bike ride from Chiang Mai with a bike tour company.

From the minute we arrived on our bikes, to the hotel shuttle taking us to the airport, we had the best customer service. Friendly and always going out of their way to help make our stay wonderful.

The rooms were modern and impeccable. Breakfast was great and the staff was very accomodating, as well as allowing us to have a late check-out.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room, with a balcony overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
pcharnchai, Guest Relations Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear 144cherylt,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience during your stay at Le Patta, Chiang Rai. I am so pleased to hear that you had a great time here and I will definitely share your kind compliment to our team and hope to have a chance to welcome you again during your next visit in Chiang Rai

Best Regards,
Pilinda P.
Guest Relations Manager
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We decided to stay one night in Chiang Rai on our way back from Golden Triangle. Having lived in Four Seasons in both Chiang Mai and Golden Triangle in the past few days, I didn't expect much when I made my reservation. The hotel turned out to be quite lovely! The staff is warm and helpful. The property is stylish with a modern touch. Our room A104 is huge with a comfortable bed and an enormous bathroom. You can tell that the owner is trying hard to set a new bar for other hotels in town. If there's any complaint, the breakfast buffet is quite poor; the selection is limited and the food is lukewarm. The water temperature in the shower is also not consistent. We also didn't get to use the swimming pool while we stayed as it was closed off for maintenance.

Overall a nice little hotel which still needs a few improvements. I'd still recommend it to anybody who wants to stay in a Chiang Rai.

Room Tip: Room 104 the King Suite is the biggest room in the hotel which can easily fit up to 4-5 people. Bor...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KK0723
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear KK0723,
I would like to thank you for your generous review on our hotel. It's such a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have not spoiled your wonderful vacation. Also we would like to thank you for your valuable comment, we will definitely use it to find tune our services. I really hope that you would come to visit us again and to see if we could improve our services up to your expectation.

Bokeelia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family stayed here for 10 nights. The hotel has excellent service and very nice rooms. Breakfast was good and lunch/dinner ok. The room was very modern, clean, and refrigerator with complementary water and sodas restocked every day. Bed was excellent. The one drawback was you can not make calls from your room and have to go to the lobby to use a mobile phone. Pool was closed half the time due to construction which we wished we would have known about as we had a 4 year old. I have stayed at 8 hotels in Chiang Rai in the past and this was the best. I would deffinitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear junglesteve1,
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your kind review for our hotel. We do appreciate every of your words. Also, I have to apologize for the inconvenience of our phone system and the pool. For the phone system, please allow us to work on this, we will make sure that all phone access from the room will be available for all guests.
Furthermore, I'm so sorry about our pool's renovating. We have planned to do a renovation by the end of next month, but we found that some part of the deck could cause problem for our guests. So for safety reason, we urgently decided to move the plan earlier. And within this week, our pool will be cleaned and ready for every guest.
Please accept my sincerely apology on this inconvenience and thank you again to let us hear this feedback, we will put all of our effort to fix and improve it. It would be our great pleasure if you would come to visit us again.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is as good as it gets in downtown Chiang Rai. From the airport pick-up and early check-in through to late check-out and staying by the pool all afternoon before my evening flight out, the staff and facilities at Le Patta during my 3 days couldn't have been better.

Modern, impeccably clean, amazingly courteous and helpful staff, the hotel is a short walk from the Clock tower, night market, Walking Street (Saturday night market), local shops, restaurants, bars and tour operators.

A free minibar that got restocked every day was a lovely touch, neatly folded umbrellas everywhere for you to use (as was needed during my stay), and a wonderfully clean pool made for an easy stay.

If you're staying in town for a few days and are going to spend any time actually at your hotel, and not all day every day out on tours, then stay here. It's worth every penny/cent/bhat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank StevePies
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear StevePies,
We would like to thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and considered our hotel a worth visit. We are surely promise to keep this practice continuing and we really wish that you would visit us again in the future.
Thank you.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are exceptional, they look after every little detail. For example when the children were playing in the pool they brought out some beach balls and when they noticed I was adding milk to my tea from the cereal area, they were sure to get me a milk pot the following day.

The pool is 25 metres by 5 metres and the children would happily play in it all day left their own devices. It's well designed with plenty of shady areas around the main pool. There's also a gym, which seems well equipped.

The breakfast is great with very fresh bread. (I don't know where they are getting it from, but it's the best I've had in Thailand.) They have Chinese bao with custard, which I loved. They also have the pork variety. They then cook an American or Asian breakfast for you. I loved the omelettes. Finally, this was finished off with cereals, fruit, yoghurt and salad.

Younger diners are sure to love the peanut butter, chocolate spread and hot chocolate drinks available. (You can order any type of coffee too)

The rooms are superb and certainly the cleanest we've seen so far in Northern Thailand. It's a nice touch that the minibar includes drinks and they were happy to swap cola for sprite too. Laundry came back beautifully ironed and done same-day.

At the children's pace it's about 6 minutes walk from the daily night market and about 4 mins from the Saturday market. All the shops are in walking distance and they also have bikes to borrow. The manager has excellent English and is both helpful and very informative. It's also close to the bus station and tours can be booked at the hotel for those without cars.

If you want to explore Northern Thailand, Le Patta is the very best place to base yourself and they even give you a map and GPS coordinates to find the attractions. Our only real problem was dragging the children out the hotel to see the 'attractions'. As far as they were concerned, the hotel was the attraction!

Stayed July 2014
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear jabela30,
Thank you very much for your splendid review on our hotel. Honestly, I re-read your review for couple of time to make sure that I have not missed any point that you were not satisfied with. We are so happy that you and your family had a good time staying here with us and it will be our great pleasure if you would visit us again in the future. Thank you.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel & could not fault this hotel. its value for money is one of the best we have seen, staff were so friendly & helpful, the room was excellent, the best shower I have had in any Asian hotel, lovely grounds & easy access to most things in Chiang Rai, this would be my recommendation for hotels in Chiang Rai & we will certainly use it on our return.

Room Tip: All rooms are as good as each other, they are back off the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve L
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Steve L,
I would like to thank you for your kind review on our hotel. We are so delighted and happy to hear that we did not let you down on our services and facilities. It's our pleasure to have such as wonderful guests like you with us. I wish we will have opportunity to serve you again in near future.