“Beautiful Hotel”

The Imperial River House Resort
Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel is great, rooms are clean and big. The staff is helpful and friendly. The pool is very nice, especially after a day sightseeing is a swim in the shade perfect. Breakfast is good and fresh. The garden around the hotel is very nice and good for a walk after breakfast. The surroundings of the hotel is nice and quiet, I loved it. You can walk to town centre but it is better to use the shuttle bus service from the hotel. From town to the hotel I used taxi or TucTuc, never a problem to find one.

Room Tip: I had a room with river view but I guess that all the rooms are good. My room was completely painted...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thailand_fan_Eric
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Thailand_fan_Eric,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our Resort and truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Looking very much forward to being at your service again in the nearly future. Take care!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having lived in Thailand for 8 years now, I am not side tracked with smoke and mirrors when it comes to getting what you pay for here.......Value for money. There are so many hotels and resorts in Thailand where the best thing about them is there web-sites........

Happily the Imperial River House Resort, Chiang Rai is not one of those. I only spent one night with wife, friends and there two young boys.

Not a lot to say but it's clean, has friendly staff, great location, quiet, great pool, great room, great bed.................And the breakfast is OK.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill253
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Bill253,

Thank you very much for your kind sharing time and great experiences on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our Resort and we are delighted to know that everyone in your family enjoyed their stay with us. Your 2 boys- both of them are lovely and charming. By the way, we all look forward to welcoming your family back to stay with us again for your next visit to Chaing Rai.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Lovely grounds. Lovely welcome. Lovely room. Lovely view.
We thoroughly enjoyed our one night here. Wish it could have been more. We enjoyed breakfast and found there was enough for us to choose from. We didnt get to explore the area very much as we were on a day tour but it looked quite central.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MelanieAP
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear MelanieAP,

Thank you very much for your warm words and lovely comments towards our resort facilities and services. In fact, we are so happy to learn that your recent stay with us was full of impression. Therefore, it is our pleasure to welcome you as a guest in our resort and truly hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back here again for your next visit to Chaing Rai.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were booked into the Imperial as part of an organised tour and glad we were as it was an easily-missed gem and easily the best place we stayed at.

The hotel is smart and clean, the staff are friendly, with an amazing pool and good sized, high spec bedrooms. It's also slightly outside the heart of Chiang Rai which means it's quiet and relaxed, but still easy to get to from.

What really makes it special though is the hotel spa - we had an amazing massage from the super friendly, and very funny, masseurs.

If I find myself back in Chiang Rai, I will definitely stay here. I'd recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Khun YorkTom,

Thank you very much for your time to post this generous review. It is my pleasure to learn that you did enjoy your stay very much and happy with our facilities or services we have provided. However, I will definitely shared your compliments regarding our spa and masseurs to team since this is a big encouragment for all of us.

Thank you very much again for all kind remarks. I do hope that we may welcome you back to Chiang Rai and to stay with us once again sometimes in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We arrived from the UK with friends on the start of our trip onto Laos, and found it a wonderful start to our trip. The hotel was not busy, so we had a lovely relaxing time by the beautiful pool, set in tranquil gardens. Very generous, comfortable rooms with good views, and handy to use the restaurant when one has just arrived. The staff were absolutely delightful, and we were upset to hear a comment from a previous guest complaining about them. They couldn't have been nicer - they are learning English, they are smiling and they are trying - that is certainly good enough for us. Thank you for looking after us so well - we do hope we can come back some time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wfleischmann
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Wfleischmann,

Thank you very much for your kind sharing time and great experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad and very appriciated with all valuable comments above since it is a big encouragment to us.
By the way, we also look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Chiang Rai again in the nearly future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel is so pretty. The pool with the elephants overlooking the grounds and river are so relaxing. We were amazed by the size of the rooms at this resort. We had a walk in closet, dining area, huge comfy bed, big deck, huge bathroom with lots of windows and a complimentary toiletry for every need. The location is off the beaten path but the hotel provides a shuttle at 50 bhat per person to get you into town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Molly A
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Molly A,

Thank you very much for this great review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and thank you very much for your time in posting these comments.

After reading your review, I am so happy that you like our room and our hotel atmosphere especially the swimming pool. Therefore, it was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel.
Thank you so much once again for your warm words - very much appreciated.

However, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort once again in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here with my partner in a double room which I got for 1750 baht for the night on latestays.com. For this price I was reasonably pleased with the hotel but there is no way I would pay the full rate. The hotel is nice enough, with all the amenities you would expect for 5 starts but it is just tired, old and dated. The staff are very friendly but disorganized. The food and drinks at the one restaurant are of average quality and very over priced. The loungers by the pool are made of very thick, hard wood and were incredibly uncomfortable. We were promised a turn down service in the evening which we did not receive. I don't really understand why this resort received a certificate of excellence. To me it is decidedly average.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Wizzadora,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your recent stay at the Imperial River House Resort. We very much appreciate for your feedback.

I apologise that we have not met your expectations on this occasion especially in the relation to our 10 years property and staffs since we normally received only positive feedback towards our wonderful decor and well designed of the rooms and services.

Therefore, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused regarding the uncomfortable of the wooden sunbeds since we are now on the process of replacing the expired sofa at the pool.

However, I am not proud to know when we failed to delight a guest. I am however always grateful for the feedback so that we can learn, improve , and do better next time for all sections.

Thank you very much once again for your kind generous feedbacks. By the way, I and my team still hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Chiang Rai in the future.