“Large rooms, great service, nice river views”

The Imperial River House Resort
Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Imperial in December 2013. Our standard room was large and comfortable, with views overlooking the pool and the lovely river (all rooms face the river, which is a nice touch.) The service was absolutely excellent. I had tried without success to arrange a rental car for a 3-day road-trip outside of Chiang Rai, and all of the major brands, plus a few smaller local places I tried, were absolutely booked. I called the hotel and they were able to get me a car for the same price. Additionally, the breakfast buffet was excellent. The only tough thing is the location; it's a solid 40-minute walk to town. So we rented a moped (this was much more convenient than the shuttle bus.) But we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms face the river, so you really can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pilotguy1
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Pilotguy1,

Thank you very much for your warm words and lovely comments towards our resort facilities and services. In fact, we are so happy to learn that your recent stay with us was full of impression. Therefore, it is our pleasure to welcome you as a guest in our resort and truly hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back here again for your next visit to Chaing Rai.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and tastefully furnished. The pool looked lovely as well, although it was too cold to use while we were there. The breakfast was better than at most hotels I've stayed in in Thailand. The location on the river is lovely but isn't super convenient because it's on the wrong side so it's a long way to get into town. The hotel does a great job with a cheap shuttle bus, but it would be even better if they had bycicles for guests to use or a boat to ferry people directly across to the other side of the river...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear City0fangels,

On behalf of our management and team, thank you very much for your great comments regarding our facilities and services you were experienced at our resort, I am delighted to know that you enjoyed breakfast as well as it was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel.
As per your suggestions regarding the bicycle or ferry, these ideas are very useful for our future development purpose. By the way, I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Chiang Rai and to stay with us once again in the nearly future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great hotel with huge modern comfortable rooms and a lovely pool. Hotel is out of the central town but a shuttle bus runs regularly into town and the cheap taxi's or tuk tuk's are always available. Also has a gym.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Diane B,

Thank you very much for your kind encouraging comments. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments made me feel very appreciated, thank you so much for your warm words.

Please be assured that we always share all and any guest feedback among our team, and they were particularly pleased. Thank you for taking the time to write down these kind comments.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Imperial River House Resort again in the nearly future.

Pimonphat J.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel is great, rooms are clean and big. The staff is helpful and friendly. The pool is very nice, especially after a day sightseeing is a swim in the shade perfect. Breakfast is good and fresh. The garden around the hotel is very nice and good for a walk after breakfast. The surroundings of the hotel is nice and quiet, I loved it. You can walk to town centre but it is better to use the shuttle bus service from the hotel. From town to the hotel I used taxi or TucTuc, never a problem to find one.

Room Tip: I had a room with river view but I guess that all the rooms are good. My room was completely painted...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thailand_fan_Eric
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Thailand_fan_Eric,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our Resort and truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Looking very much forward to being at your service again in the nearly future. Take care!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having lived in Thailand for 8 years now, I am not side tracked with smoke and mirrors when it comes to getting what you pay for here.......Value for money. There are so many hotels and resorts in Thailand where the best thing about them is there web-sites........

Happily the Imperial River House Resort, Chiang Rai is not one of those. I only spent one night with wife, friends and there two young boys.

Not a lot to say but it's clean, has friendly staff, great location, quiet, great pool, great room, great bed.................And the breakfast is OK.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill253
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Bill253,

Thank you very much for your kind sharing time and great experiences on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our Resort and we are delighted to know that everyone in your family enjoyed their stay with us. Your 2 boys- both of them are lovely and charming. By the way, we all look forward to welcoming your family back to stay with us again for your next visit to Chaing Rai.

Pimonphat J.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Lovely grounds. Lovely welcome. Lovely room. Lovely view.
We thoroughly enjoyed our one night here. Wish it could have been more. We enjoyed breakfast and found there was enough for us to choose from. We didnt get to explore the area very much as we were on a day tour but it looked quite central.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MelanieAP
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear MelanieAP,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were booked into the Imperial as part of an organised tour and glad we were as it was an easily-missed gem and easily the best place we stayed at.

The hotel is smart and clean, the staff are friendly, with an amazing pool and good sized, high spec bedrooms. It's also slightly outside the heart of Chiang Rai which means it's quiet and relaxed, but still easy to get to from.

What really makes it special though is the hotel spa - we had an amazing massage from the super friendly, and very funny, masseurs.

If I find myself back in Chiang Rai, I will definitely stay here. I'd recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Pimonphat J, General Manager at The Imperial River House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Khun YorkTom,

Thank you very much for your time to post this generous review. It is my pleasure to learn that you did enjoy your stay very much and happy with our facilities or services we have provided. However, I will definitely shared your compliments regarding our spa and masseurs to team since this is a big encouragment for all of us.

Thank you very much again for all kind remarks. I do hope that we may welcome you back to Chiang Rai and to stay with us once again sometimes in the future.