“excellent food”

The Lounge
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Due to the long-running political unrest, the imposition of martial law, military coup and curfew, which have crippled the tourism industry in Thailand, we have been forced to close The Lounge for business. We thank Trip Adviser and all of our customers for helping us build a reputation since we opened.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I came here with three other people and all of our food was excellent. I got green curry that was to die for! The owner is attentive and knowledgeable about Chiang Rai. A hit.

4  Thank mirmirandronnie
There are newer reviews for The Lounge

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Even though we didn't find the city of Chiang Rai very attractive, the Lounge made our trip up here well worth it! we were searching for a place to eat and walked past this restaurant which looked cozy and authentic. we didn't go wrong and ended up eating here the 2 nights we spent in Chiang Rai. the green curry is amazing, and so are the other 3 dishes we tried. the owners are super nice and the prices are honest. definitely the best restaurant we have been to during our trip to Thailand so far! thanks!

4  Thank MrsFalange
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Bob the host has a top operation here just a minutes walk from the night markets. Best mussaman curry I've ever eaten, local drinks 40 baht. Live music some nights. Best place I ate and drank in chiang rai, came twice out of three nights.

6  Thank BangkokJoey
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Came across this restaurant tonight and could not be more delighted. Bob looked after us extremely well and his wife's food is outstanding,so much so we've booked for tomorrow - can't wait. Thank you so much.

5  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Arrived into CR after a long bus and stopped into this cafe. Best thing I did as the owner was really helpful giving me tips on what to see in the city - but also the curry I had was really good. Enjoyable meal and good service.

5  Thank Haribo09