“Up Market Budget Accomadation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baan Jaru

Baan Jaru
Sydney, Australia
“Up Market Budget Accomadation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

For those who need top class budget accomadation Baan Jaru ticks all the boxes,spotless,comfy, large rooms,TV,A /C.and fresh cooked eggs for breakfast!!!. I won,t elaborate further previous travellers have done that. If you want to get lost just ask Toddy to program your GPS,(joke) he did it for us and we finished in the mountains on a dirt track,seriously though the people here are terrific, you will not be disappointed .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Can't say enough about the kindness and understanding of the family who run this guesthouse. I had to change my booking twice and they went out of their way to assist me. Toddy, in particular, was very helpful and encouraged me to contact him at any time throughout my trip if I was having problems. I was always offered free use of a bicycle every time I went out and Toddy's English is excellent which makes such a big difference.
The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable with efficient air conditioning and TV that has some channels with programs in English. Free water available at all times. The mattress wasn't quite as firm as others I have experienced throughout Thailand which was a welcome relief for my back.
Breakfast is in the garden area and Toddy will help you with toast. Eggs can be made any way that you like. Green tea and instant coffee is available. Breakfast is pretty basic but it's enough to start the day.
The location is excellent. Near the bus station, night market and the fabulous clock tower. Easy walking distance to other down town sights as well as local 7/11s for snacks. Lots of small bars and restaurants near by as well as coffee shops.
At the end of my stay, I was given a lift to the bus station as my luggage had grown significantly. This was very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter although I could still hear my neighbours coming and going. Not the fault...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The guys that run this place are seriously amazing. So welcoming. So helpful. Upgraded my room due to a booking issue. They are located just around the corner from clock tower and markets and the bus station!
In the morning I sat with them and went through every what to do and must dos. Even telling me what was worth doing - love the truth. He explains stories of people out on mopeds getting lost - they had no way to contact the owners - he was so stressed and said if only they called I would Of driven to the mountains! Such gracious people. The rooms are basic but great. Exactly what you need backpacker or needing a room
To Your self . Seriously don't stay anywhere else. It's worth every penny. All though brekkie was basic.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The accommodations are flawless: brand new, comfy beds, great bathroom and AC! Super close to the night market, various bars and good eats (must try The Lounge). The owners are unbelievable! The fluent English speaker gave us great travel advice and even offered to come pick us up if we got into any trouble. One night we even had a few beers with the owners and a few other guests! We will be sad to say good-bye to Baan Jaru!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annie A
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We just stayed there one night before we went to Laos but it was simply perfect. The room is big and really clean (with balcony) and the bathroom was one of the nicest we've ever had on our whole trip. The owner is a really nice guy who's fluent in English. He gave us the advice to go for the Saturday night market at the walking street (whicht turned out as one of our best market experiences in SEA). The bed and breakfast is perfectly located to the centre and also close to the bus station. Breakfast is included in the price. The only thing that I would recommend is probably using real coffee instead of instant - but just my 2 cents.
Make sure you get to know the owner's dog ;).

Halifax Region, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We love this place. We stayed here for two nights total. Bed comfy, staff really friendly. Great breakfast in the morning. They have free bikes to use if you stay with them. We used these every day. They are great for getting around. Free water in your room.
They have a few little dogs that are super sweet and cute. I would recommend this place 100%.

Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a gem of a hotel. A family run bed and breakfast. The owners are friendly and make you feel at home.Clean, comfortable rooms in a quiet area. There is a nice breakfast in the common area out in front of the hotel every morning. This hotel is great value for your money.

This hotel is in a great location, it is a 5 minute walk to the bus terminal, the Chiang Rai night market, and bars and restaurants.

If I was in the Chiang Rai area again, this is the place I would stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo