“Best B&B ”
Review of Baan Jaru

Baan Jaru
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Only about 7 months old, Baan Jaru is very modern and clean. Close to night markets, food markets, bars and coffee shops and bus terminal. It is located on a side street so is quiet. Free bikes to use.
Family run, son, Toddy, is very passionate about his work. He even helps with the cleaning and gardening and is always on hand to recommend places to see and eat. Speaks excellent English and has lots of funny stories to tell.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DLeong133
There are newer reviews for Baan Jaru

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A really comfortable room in a great location. Guesthouse owner, Toddy, was really helpful with advice about sights to see and restaurants. Breakfast was great. WiFi is fast and reliable. We would definitely stay again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rjohnsoncook
Reviewed 7 June 2014

For those who need top class budget accomadation Baan Jaru ticks all the boxes,spotless,comfy, large rooms,TV,A /C.and fresh cooked eggs for breakfast!!!. I won,t elaborate further previous travellers have done that. If you want to get lost just ask Toddy to program your GPS,(joke) he did it for us and we finished in the mountains on a dirt track,seriously though the people here are terrific, you will not be disappointed .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Can't say enough about the kindness and understanding of the family who run this guesthouse. I had to change my booking twice and they went out of their way to assist me. Toddy, in particular, was very helpful and encouraged me to contact him at any time throughout my trip if I was having problems. I was always offered free use of a bicycle every time I went out and Toddy's English is excellent which makes such a big difference.
The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable with efficient air conditioning and TV that has some channels with programs in English. Free water available at all times. The mattress wasn't quite as firm as others I have experienced throughout Thailand which was a welcome relief for my back.
Breakfast is in the garden area and Toddy will help you with toast. Eggs can be made any way that you like. Green tea and instant coffee is available. Breakfast is pretty basic but it's enough to start the day.
The location is excellent. Near the bus station, night market and the fabulous clock tower. Easy walking distance to other down town sights as well as local 7/11s for snacks. Lots of small bars and restaurants near by as well as coffee shops.
At the end of my stay, I was given a lift to the bus station as my luggage had grown significantly. This was very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter although I could still hear my neighbours coming and going. Not the fault...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The guys that run this place are seriously amazing. So welcoming. So helpful. Upgraded my room due to a booking issue. They are located just around the corner from clock tower and markets and the bus station!
In the morning I sat with them and went through every what to do and must dos. Even telling me what was worth doing - love the truth. He explains stories of people out on mopeds getting lost - they had no way to contact the owners - he was so stressed and said if only they called I would Of driven to the mountains! Such gracious people. The rooms are basic but great. Exactly what you need backpacker or needing a room
To Your self . Seriously don't stay anywhere else. It's worth every penny. All though brekkie was basic.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The accommodations are flawless: brand new, comfy beds, great bathroom and AC! Super close to the night market, various bars and good eats (must try The Lounge). The owners are unbelievable! The fluent English speaker gave us great travel advice and even offered to come pick us up if we got into any trouble. One night we even had a few beers with the owners and a few other guests! We will be sad to say good-bye to Baan Jaru!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annie A
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We just stayed there one night before we went to Laos but it was simply perfect. The room is big and really clean (with balcony) and the bathroom was one of the nicest we've ever had on our whole trip. The owner is a really nice guy who's fluent in English. He gave us the advice to go for the Saturday night market at the walking street (whicht turned out as one of our best market experiences in SEA). The bed and breakfast is perfectly located to the centre and also close to the bus station. Breakfast is included in the price. The only thing that I would recommend is probably using real coffee instead of instant - but just my 2 cents.
Make sure you get to know the owner's dog ;).

• Stayed: May 2014