“Overall a way below average”

Kiss Gardenhome Chic Hotel
Ranked #26 of 91 Hotels in Hat Yai
Geneva, Switzerland
“Overall a way below average”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms are correct. Not convenient walking way to reach the city center (dark street...).
Terrible and unpleasant staff who is highly unhelpfull.
The hotel is nearby a ladies bar. Special atmosphere.
We could hear music until the middle of the night even if we were located top floor.
I definitely do not recommand this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Doud1227

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
KL
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Satisfying stay as the rooms are newly renovated. Location is not too far away from Central shopping centre and we could just take a stroll to reach there or if if you would prefer to be chauffeur-driven just hop on to a tuk-tuk for THB 20 per person. It is located near a very popular restaurant called Kanang where they served the best Thai food at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MARGARET F
Jurong West, null, Singapore
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I visit Hatyai maybe two to three times a year as I have friends who are doing business there. Garden Home is one of the hotels that I had stayed in since more than 10 years back. Before the renov, I must say that the rooms are a bit dated and there are some rooms that do have irritating little defects that can piss the visitor off.

I stopped in Hatyai in late August to meet a Singapore friend staying there and to head for Karbi with the couple. I stayed in Kiss Garden Home due to the location is near where my friend is. If you called up the hotel, the rate is 850baht for a deluxe room and 1050baht for a superior. Go buy a coupon from the tour operators and you probably get 100baht off. I paid 730baht a night for the weekend stay.

I must say the room looks pretty good after the renovation. At that price I paid, it is considered ok. The hotels across the drain are charging 1000baht or more and it is really any better (I stayed there last year). It is not possible to find good hotel rooms in Hatyai nowadays at these rates, so I must say that the price here is reasonable. Breakfast coupons are also available at the counter at 150baht for 2, and the breakfast sets are pretty good.

The irritating part which my travelling partner had complained was that the phone for the service crew was ringing early in the morning daily and no one was answering. So if you can, avoid staying near the lift area. The other thing which might be a problem to the light sleepers are the pub and KTV on Ground floor and 2nd storey, you can hear the thumping bass beats in the rooms. I must recommend that you pay a visit to the pub as the resident bands have always been good and the charges here are quite decent. The band I saw this trip was very good, old timers who can really rock.

For those of you that are more interested in food, there is street just after the drain that comes alive at night with plenty of food stalls. BBQ, hotpot, and a popular fried 'sala pao' at one of the shops. Cheap and tasty food, a must for those that like to supper. Daichi hotel on the left of the front entrance, has a fish head dish with fried kua teow which is very popular with the locals. I am sure most Singapore and Malaysian visitors will love it. A 300 baht set can feed 3 to 4 pax easily.

This hotel isn't really far from the town centre (Lee Garden Plaza area), it is only 10 to 15min by foot. But to walk to town, you have to turn left from the entrance and then left at the first street just after the coffee stand. Well, this area is one of the popular red light district called See Kim Yong where there used to have hundreds of sex workers during the good old days. It is not so now but I estimate there are maybe 20 'offices' still in operations. So, if you are here with the wife or some lady folks, this hotel may not be a good choice. And I forgot to mention that Kiss KTV at 2nd floor is also one of the 'in' place now as they have the prettiest ladies there.

Well, I can only say this place suits me well and I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask the reception to advise, tell them you are a light sleeper. They are pretty a helpful lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank askpeterang
Ipoh
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel over a weekend trip in Hat Yai. This was my first time in this southern town of Thailand. This hotel must have been refurbished recently because it is not as it was reviewed by some travelers.

Room and bathroom - clean. Beds - clean.

As I came into town on an overnight bus, I reached the hotel at 8am. The receptionist let me check-in. That was tops for me.

Take a note that most of the staff do not speak English. So, room service was quick tricky. But they were efficient. They sent a staff up with a menu and we pointed out what we wanted.
Food arrived promptly.

However, the cons of this hotel is.. They have a music lounge on the ground floor of the hotel. Though we stayed on the 3rd floor, we could still hear some thumping and singing. It was fine with me because I can sleep through any din. But, my husband had difficulties. I suggest you request for a room away from the music lounge and not directly upstairs.

Another thing was, right outside our room is a service telephone for staff use. It was ringing of its hook every morning. Very disturbing if you want to sleep late. I noticed it is the reception calling up to housekeeping to check the rooms when guests check-out.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay in the hotel for us.

• Stayed July 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We paid 1000 Baht for two single bed for a night stay. This is quite expensive maybe due the Bike Week held at Sadao thus most hotel around Hat Yai will start to increase their room rate.

The lobby was nice and comfortable.

The room was standard with flat screen tv (over hundred channels mainly in Thai),
two chairs with a small table, a small cupboard (not enough for two person to share).

The bed , the mattress was the best part of this room. Very comfortable.

Things that I don't like, they charge you for wifi inside the room. The only place for free wifi was at the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We were lied to right from the start. We did not expect 4 or 5 star hotel as we only payed 700 baht for the room. However what we got was not worth 300 baht in fact they could not pay me 500 baht to stay their again.When we arrived, we were taken to our room on the 3rd floor which was in the old NOT RENOVATED part of the hotel. No mention of standard rooms being in this uncompleted part of the renovation was mentioned either on any 3rd party website or the hotel website. Because they have been renovating as of late we assumed we would get a half decent room. The first room we entered smelled badly, was in serious need of maintance. The rugs were filthy the wall should have been repainted years ago and the air con in the room was as old as the city itself which was dripping water and everytime we walked by we got a drop on the head. So we went back down to the desk to complain. They told us the standard room was in the old part and if we wanted the new part it would be 1250 baht. I asked them to show me where on either website where this little detail was mentioned and I got no response. So the indifferent girl at the desk asked me if I wanted another room. Of course I said yes. This one had a new non leaking aircon but the room was as filthy and disgusting as the last but we were desperate as this was during the songkran festival and not many rooms were available in Hat Yai. It's only 2 nights I told my wife and reluctanly we accepted this aweful room. Being on the 3rd floor I looked out the window and saw a stage being set up below our window. Remembering it was songkran I went down to ask the girl at reception when the festivities were to begin as I did not want to be under the giant speakers as the Thai can only play music at maximum volumes. I was assured by her that festivites were to begin on the night of the 12th even so the music would stop at midnight. We were booked for the 10th and 11th so we thought ok, we will miss the noise as we will be gone to Songkhla town before the partying starts. That evening we walked up the stairs to our room and past what we thought was a night club called Regazza. turns out it is a prostitution nightclub and everywhere were Thai prostitutes waiting for tricks. I went and googled this nightclub and found out it was a popular place for Malaysian and Singaporean ***** moungers to get lucky. No problem I told the wife we are gone in 2 days. The first night went ok but i think my wife slept with her shoes on. In the morning we went for the included breakfast. We were aksed what we wanted and were given 3 choices. 2 were thai style breakkies and one was the American breakfast which we chose. One egg half cooked two slices of rock hard tomato and instant coffee. We asked for real coffee and were nealy laughed at. Only one more night I told the wife. That night when we got back to our hotel, we saw the stage outside our window being completed and were testing the huge sound system. I was in fear that they would start on that night instead of the next night as promised. Well that was lie number 3 as at about 8:00 pm all the hookers from the nightclub started to pour into the area outside our window and all the moungers from down south were there as well. When the music started, I swear to God it was loud enough to rival a 747 on take off. I have lived in Thailand for 10 years and have been to many festivals and parties put on by Thai people. It is well known that they play music very very loud and most times conversations are impossible without yelling into someones ear. But never have I heard anything like this. The windows and walls (concrete) in the room were shaking and the bed was vibrating. Our ears were hurting even though we had the walls to protect us. Being on the 3rd floor we had the best view in the hotel of what was going on underneath us. Below were the Thai ladies of the night dancing on the stage grinding into each other for the amusement of the customers sitting and watching. This went on until 10 when I went down and asked if it was possible to lower the volume a wee bit as i was afraid the celing in my room would come down. The reply was a brush off as though it was a non issue. I told the wife to put in her ear plugs that we thankfully have as no westerners in Thailand should be without. Even with them in we could still hear very well but mostly feel the vibrations in the floor and the bed. Nearing midnight we were pleased that this would all come to an end and the yelling and cat calls continued as by then most were quite drunk. 1 am came and no stop took place. I called this time to the front desk and asked if they could lower the volume. The girl said sure but the English spoken here was very bad. 1 minute later the phone rang and when I answered the lady at the other end said "what do you want". I thought this to be quite rude and I replied that we were promised the music would end at midnight. She just hung up on me. At 3:45 the music stopped and we had not had any sleep at all. We were relieved that the music had stopped and the drunken hollering and mougering below would stop as well. The yelling and animalistic vocals continued until 5:00am. this was going to be a long and tired day as we had to travel at 8:00am. When we checked out we noticed a lot of people speaking loudly to the front desk and athough my Thai is not good, i was sure the heated exchanges were about the incredible noise from the night before. It would appear that this place puts more value on prostitutes and their customers than regular people just looking for some piece and quiet. The staff were basically rude except for one sweet liitle lady who served us coffee and told us she she a trainee. Avoid this hell hole like the plague.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel to be sure.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Victor G

Travellers are raving about these Hat Yai hotels

Langkawi, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I just back from staying 3 nights at the hotel. SO SURPRISE !! Hotel has changed to the new owner and also new name KISS GARDENHOME CHIC HOTEL. Now most of the things are different and much much better than before, lobby restaurant room staff already changed.Very happy and feel valuable staying there this time (see their new web. KISSGARDENHOMECHICHOTEL.COM)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends