“Big n clean room”

Kiss Gardenhome Chic Hotel
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed 13 March 2014

the room is big n clean,n it have all the amenities,check in n check out was fast.and the rep was nice they smile to you whenever you pass by .I don't understand why people complain they are not helpful,if you want people to smile to you and be helpful first you must be courteous first.
nearby is the famous chok dee dim sum is yummy n cheap
only 1 things no good is the bar downstair noise is very loud ,if you are a light sleeper advise you not to stay there.

Room Tip: don't choose the room on top of the bar even high floor(it have only a 4 or 5 floor0 or else yo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I love the room and the interior design. Simple, modern and nice. The room and toilet is very clean. All basic amenities is provided included hair dryer and kettle. We had a very good sleep for 2 nights there.

The reservation and check in process is quick and easy. The rate also very cheap. At that time, superior room only cost me 850bhat /night. Wifi also available at the hotel lobby but not in the room.

The only concern is the distance from the center (Lee Garden Plaza & Central shopping centre). We need to walk around 10-15 minutes. Halal food stall and restaurant can be found easily nearby the hotel. Eg: Kelantan Restaurant, Shah Alam Restaurant & Rocky Muslim Food. Still need to walk around 5-10 minutes.

If you need transportation to travel around the town or place of attraction, Tuk-tuk can be found easily in front of the hotel. The fees also very cheap.

Room Tip: They also have music lounge with live band every night. Therefore, better request higher level room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank hayamiwana
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Lee Garden is around 10 - 15 mins walk. Chok Dee Dim Sum (great dim sum) and Kan Eng Restaurant is just around the corner. The room is newly renovated but the Wifi connection is bad. Kettle and hair dryer is available.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms are correct. Not convenient walking way to reach the city center (dark street...).
Terrible and unpleasant staff who is highly unhelpfull.
The hotel is nearby a ladies bar. Special atmosphere.
We could hear music until the middle of the night even if we were located top floor.
I definitely do not recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Doud1227
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Satisfying stay as the rooms are newly renovated. Location is not too far away from Central shopping centre and we could just take a stroll to reach there or if if you would prefer to be chauffeur-driven just hop on to a tuk-tuk for THB 20 per person. It is located near a very popular restaurant called Kanang where they served the best Thai food at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MARGARET F
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I visit Hatyai maybe two to three times a year as I have friends who are doing business there. Garden Home is one of the hotels that I had stayed in since more than 10 years back. Before the renov, I must say that the rooms are a bit dated and there are some rooms that do have irritating little defects that can piss the visitor off.

I stopped in Hatyai in late August to meet a Singapore friend staying there and to head for Karbi with the couple. I stayed in Kiss Garden Home due to the location is near where my friend is. If you called up the hotel, the rate is 850baht for a deluxe room and 1050baht for a superior. Go buy a coupon from the tour operators and you probably get 100baht off. I paid 730baht a night for the weekend stay.

I must say the room looks pretty good after the renovation. At that price I paid, it is considered ok. The hotels across the drain are charging 1000baht or more and it is really any better (I stayed there last year). It is not possible to find good hotel rooms in Hatyai nowadays at these rates, so I must say that the price here is reasonable. Breakfast coupons are also available at the counter at 150baht for 2, and the breakfast sets are pretty good.

The irritating part which my travelling partner had complained was that the phone for the service crew was ringing early in the morning daily and no one was answering. So if you can, avoid staying near the lift area. The other thing which might be a problem to the light sleepers are the pub and KTV on Ground floor and 2nd storey, you can hear the thumping bass beats in the rooms. I must recommend that you pay a visit to the pub as the resident bands have always been good and the charges here are quite decent. The band I saw this trip was very good, old timers who can really rock.

For those of you that are more interested in food, there is street just after the drain that comes alive at night with plenty of food stalls. BBQ, hotpot, and a popular fried 'sala pao' at one of the shops. Cheap and tasty food, a must for those that like to supper. Daichi hotel on the left of the front entrance, has a fish head dish with fried kua teow which is very popular with the locals. I am sure most Singapore and Malaysian visitors will love it. A 300 baht set can feed 3 to 4 pax easily.

This hotel isn't really far from the town centre (Lee Garden Plaza area), it is only 10 to 15min by foot. But to walk to town, you have to turn left from the entrance and then left at the first street just after the coffee stand. Well, this area is one of the popular red light district called See Kim Yong where there used to have hundreds of sex workers during the good old days. It is not so now but I estimate there are maybe 20 'offices' still in operations. So, if you are here with the wife or some lady folks, this hotel may not be a good choice. And I forgot to mention that Kiss KTV at 2nd floor is also one of the 'in' place now as they have the prettiest ladies there.

Well, I can only say this place suits me well and I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask the reception to advise, tell them you are a light sleeper. They are pretty a helpful lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank askpeterang
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel over a weekend trip in Hat Yai. This was my first time in this southern town of Thailand. This hotel must have been refurbished recently because it is not as it was reviewed by some travelers.

Room and bathroom - clean. Beds - clean.

As I came into town on an overnight bus, I reached the hotel at 8am. The receptionist let me check-in. That was tops for me.

Take a note that most of the staff do not speak English. So, room service was quick tricky. But they were efficient. They sent a staff up with a menu and we pointed out what we wanted.
Food arrived promptly.

However, the cons of this hotel is.. They have a music lounge on the ground floor of the hotel. Though we stayed on the 3rd floor, we could still hear some thumping and singing. It was fine with me because I can sleep through any din. But, my husband had difficulties. I suggest you request for a room away from the music lounge and not directly upstairs.

Another thing was, right outside our room is a service telephone for staff use. It was ringing of its hook every morning. Very disturbing if you want to sleep late. I noticed it is the reception calling up to housekeeping to check the rooms when guests check-out.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay in the hotel for us.

• Stayed: July 2013