“The Park near the Hatyai city”

Hat Yai Municipal Park
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Hat Yai
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The park has added a few new attractions : namely Ice Dome and the cable car. Fantastic and excellent.The rest looked the same as before as I used to stroll the park in the 80's. The municipal authority need to add colours to the park in order to make it more striking : in and out.
I and my family was caught in the rain for more than an hour recently. Luckily there was a hall besides the lake, but there was no chairs. Please donate some. Or you can try food reflexology there, its nice and reasonable charge. They are properly trained.

5  Thank boonphob

Reviewed 27 May 2013

It was a challenge to find this place! Using the map presented here on tripadvisor, it let us to a rather deserted part of the city with just some village like residential properties! After the help of some extremely helpful locals (including a monk), we realised that there multiple road signs to this location, and this park is just termed "Hat Yai Park" on these signs. If you follow them, it should take you north east of the city, about 8km. As you approach the location, you should see a reassuring a tall standing Buddha statue towards your right. You will finally get to see the Hat Yai Municipal Park sign, and this site actually located on a hill side.

For us, the two main interesting spots in this hill park are Thao Mahaprom and Phra Phutthamongkol. The standing Buddha statue is at the latter location. From this location, there is a magnificent view of the city. Both these spots are served by a cable car service. If you have a car, you could also drive uphill to these locations, albeit the road is very windy with sharp corners and steep.

This location is definitely worth a visit!

4  Thank HalouWalk
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My friend and I took a trip there by van. It cost us 800 baht for a trip to Municipal Park, Chang Puak Camp and Floating Market. If you do follow this trip, skip the Ice Dome part, and just go directly up till the Cable Car Area (unless you have kids who'll enjoy ice sculpture blocks). It's a great place to see the whole city of Hatyai. Very peaceful, with the sound of windchain from the Buddha Temple. If you walk down through the stairs,you will see other statues ( there's 3, but I'm not sure of their names) and then lastly to Guan Yin Temple. It is also a great place if you're into a bit of hiking. For me, except for the majestic view of HatYai, the place is so-so.

5  Thank nor aisyah a
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My hubby and I took a toto to the Municipal Park for 120 bahts to and fro. Along the ride to the park was quiet and no other vehicles were in sight. The ride up the hill seemed endless. My imagination became active, I whispered to my hubby what if the driver stopped somewhere and ropped us. Hehe, nothing happened, he was an honest man!
We took the cable car to cross over to the temple and see the statue. ( 40 bahts each for the cable car is a little too expensive ) The place was quiet and peaceful. It has a good view though.
After an hour or two, our driver stopped us at the Quan Yin temple. I kind of love this place. It's well-maintained, beautifully planned and peaceful. Of course we took the opportunity to pray for love, peace and health. It's a worthy visit.
A salute to the Municipal Park because no entrance fees are imposed on visitors.

3  Thank jong s
Reviewed 6 February 2013

it is a beautiful park situated admist the city. it is built on a small hillock and is adorned with lush green vegetation. it has a beautiful buddha temple, sun observatory (a unique experience), cable car, ice dome among other things. it is a must visit place in hat yai.

3  Thank Manisha02