“Good for one night - good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Planet Hat Yai

Red Planet Hat Yai
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Hat Yai
Gdansk, Poland
“Good for one night - good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We spend there just one night, because we had to extend our visas and cross thai-malaysian border. Hat yai was the closest to do that. It was pleasnt stay. Nearby you'll find a lot of restaurnts. We've eaten one of the best cooked fish ever. That tune hotel - always good. Recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Worst hotel ever!!! I travel a lot due to business and have been staying at lotsa hotels. Tune hotel is the worst. We asked for airport transfer but to no avail. No email nor message and we waited at the airport for hours. As we arrived early, hence we wanted an early check-in. Was informed that we have to pay. We decided to leave baggage at the hotel and walk around till check-in and was told that each left baggage costs THB50. There was no glasses, telephone and boiler in the room. Check out is at 11am and again we had to pay for left baggage. We even have to pack the towels back into a draw-string bag upon check out and return to front desk. Everything we requested for must pay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel room no drinking water
Aircon not working
No in house telephone within room

I have a free sauna. Aircon should be checked before check in, right? Pay to use aircon but not working. If it is not working, should not issue room 503. My first and probably my last. Will change to Sakura Mai. Old but comes with basic facilities.

• Stayed August 2013
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Tune Hotel, Hat Yai for one night in August to break our journey between Krabi to Penang.

The location of the hotel is absolutely superb for the train station, literally a 3-4 minute walk away.

The Tune brand is startling similar to Travelodge in the UK, and the budget principle is the same. The room was clean and simple, all quite fresh, with AC and fan, widescreen TV, a comfortable bed, and a good shower. We were given towels and a 24 hour wifi voucher upon arrival in little drawstring bags. (Hint: You will also find the television remote at the bottom of the bag.)

The room was quiet, with only a small amount of noise permeating from outside; some sounds could be heard from the corridors, but not enough to prevent us from getting a good sleep, importantly.

There was a slight confusion during check-in which I attribute to making the booking through Agoda at short notice. If you are booking this hotel, I would book directly through the Tune website.

It is worth noting that if you are arriving from Bangkok or the islands, for example, and you want to buy train tickets for the following day, the train ticket advance booking office is only open between 7am-5pm. However, you can book tickets on the day of travel at the 24 hour counter. We arrived half an hour before the early train departure to Butterworth, and that was plenty of time.

Also, if you do venture from the hotel towards the station, there is a market square and car park and, just off there down a short flight of steps, you will find an absolutely amazing supermarket – like a sort of Thai Waitrose, if I can say that without sounding hideously middle class - with all sorts of wonderful goodies. It was perfect for stocking up on breakfast and snacks for onward travel.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up will have less road noise, and less noise from people using the lifts and corrid...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter R
Lasko, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at Tune Hat Yai for two nights before proceeding my way to Malaysia. I was already in Hat Yai before and I stayed at some guesthouse which was decent. I saw that Tune has some cool promotion so I decided to stay here and to try it for the first time. Price was good, I selected early check in as I came early by train from Chumphon. I selected as an option 24 hours A/C, toiletries and 24 internet access. Check in was swift and welcoming. Staff had a good command of English so I did not have any troubles at all. As I booked early check in it was officially stated that check in is is possible after 11am. But as it was only 8.30am reception was so nice to let me in the room already at that time. We were tired after long ride with train and that was accepted very good by us. 24 hour A/C is enough for 2 days as you can distribute usage between the days. If you are walking around Hat Yai you certainly not need to run so you have enough time. Internet is activated after first log in and it is valid for 24 hours. But also no trouble there as I did not need it so much and first day I used computer placed in the lobby area.
So about the place. Hotel is positioned very conveniently as it is only app 10 minutes slow walking from train station. Hotel is clean and well maintained. We also did not have any difficulty with the noise and we had an excellent sleep. Bed mattress is of superb quality and was among the best on my travel and also overall. I would give it 5* for sure here. Hat Yai is very busy during the weekends and Malaysian holidays so book ahead if you want to stay at these times. I came in the middle of the week and the hotel was more or less very quiet.

You also have a safe box provided in the room. But my recommendation would be that hotel should screw this box to the wall or furniture as some people might not feel safe enough with safe just placed in the room.

There is no dining room in the hotel but there are lots of options if you go for breakfast outside. Just exit hotel turn left and proceed along the street and you will find some cool breakfast providing Asian and western style breakfast for cheap price. Anyway Tune was providing exactly these what we payed for for very good price. Certainly I can say that sleep quality was of five stars and price as for staying at some guest house. I would highly recommend this place and will stay here again if occasion brings me to Hat Yai again.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are with windows but there are also some rooms that are windowless. I would avoid...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davor K
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

1. Stay here for 3 nights.
2. Clean and Tidy.
3. Big room. (Bigger than expected)
4. Within walking distance to ODEON shopping mall, Lee Garden Plaza.
5. Basic amenities such as TV, Hot water shower, Hair Dryer and Towel.
6. Recommended to stay, Worth for the price.
7. "Tut Tut" is available in front of hotel at anytime. Good when traveling to Market/Pasar.
8. Foods and restaurant found nearby.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor (8th Floor), bigger room. More quiet than lower floor as further from the stree...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken Sheng W
Edlesborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you are passing through Hat Yai this is good value, very clean and central. No character or restaurant but a great stop over. Wasn't impressed with Hat Yai so one night was enough. Would stay at Tune hotels again when I just want to sleep and not appreciate scenic surroundings!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family