“Housekeeping unsatisfactory” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Hat Yai
Singapore, Singapore
“Housekeeping unsatisfactory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

On our 1st day, I noted that there was only a half roll of toilet paper in the washroom.
On our 2nd day, my wife and I returned to our room at about 5.30 pm. The room remained dirty and no toilet paper in the washroom. While we were getting ready for the evening out, the maid came. My wife told her to come back at 7.00 pm. She did not.
On our 3rd day, in the morning before going out, I told the Receptionist that there was no cleaning the day before and no toilet paper. She checked her Record and said that the Housekeeping Maid reported that we did not need any cleaning and that is not the truth. She apologised.
There were only 2 lifts and 1 lift was out of order for 2 days.
The Security Guard was helpful, courteous. The Taxi Operator at the Hotel Lobby is also helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Paid 9 pounds for a night here so as you would imagine I wasn't expecting much however on arrival I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were helpful, my bags were carried in for me, the front desk were polite and the general staff around the building were handy. The hotel is immaculately clean which is always a plus point for me. the Room was somewhat enormous for the money I paid. It had all you want, bed, desk, international plugs but was so big it did feel a tad empty but then I'm not complaining in fact I used the space to slide on the vinyl floor with my socks :-D. The shower is powerful and warm, easy to use as well. The wifi is really quite quick about 8Mb per second so you can easily watch a film. the train station is propably about 500m away or 20 baht in a took took who are always waiting outside so its very nicely located. there is a Western style shopping centre opposite the station as well with a food court and KFC just in case you want a bit of time out of asia. over all I would highly recommend this hotel. Oh and I forgot to mention, the bed is so soft you literally sink into it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter S
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I booked on Agoda and got two nights at a great rate. My room was comfortable and reception staff were charming. My Indonesian friends approached the very arrogant male at the Tour Desk for a price on a bus ride for 6 of them to Phuket. I was standing, listening to the price of more than double what was the going rate from Cathay GH where I always buy from. The Tour Desk male got angry with me because my friends asked for my opinion. Do not trust the Tour Desk at Tune Hat Yai. They are dishonest, threatening and rude to guests!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank lyndy23
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We been in this hotel already four times, is always our first choice in hat yai. The price and the quality are perfect. The room really clean and spacious, the staff really helpful and kind. The bed and the pillow are the most comfort that I had in Thailand. It's really a pleasure to stay at Tune hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ornellaorigoni
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very basic, you literally get a room with a bed, tv, desk and bathroom.
There is no fridge in the room, no phone to contact reception, no where to buy water in the hotel and no restaurant or bar.
It's a place to Ly your head and that's that. It is very clean though and the bed is comfortable.
Good enough location, although there is not much to do in hat yai in general.
We booked our bus/boat to koh lanta at the desk in the lobby of the hotel. Was booked quickly, however, when we went to get the bus they tried to charge us 250 bhat extra for our bags. We said no and stated we wanted a refund to go somewhere else if we had to pay. Didn't have to pay in the end.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kimy30
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I'm a always on a budget kind of a traveller. So no question Tune Hotel is my first choice for hotel to stay. The price is always right on the budget but the most important thing is the room and bathroom is always clean.

One of the extra points for Tune Hotel Hat Yai is the room is very spacious if compared to other Tune hotels i've stayed in Malaysia. Water pressure in the bathroom is very good also. No funny smells emits from the air-conditioning system. I booked the room including the wifi services. The wifi is excellent. Though u can go online for free at the lobby itself.

As for Malaysian staying here, no need international power socket converter as it is already the 3 point power socket like at home in Malaysia.... And its 3-4 power points in a room!

Downside :

Quiet a distance from centre and no 7-11 store nearby. So to go buy titbits or want have something to eat, u have to take the 'tut-tut' which will cost about 30-50THB per head per trip. Not too expansive and its really cool to ride on it! Should try to ride the Tut-tut. At the hotel lobby they have some drinks and junkfood on sale but i preferto go to the 7-11 since its kindda like 7-11 in Japan where u can get many things in the 7-11!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ShafiqSaat
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a stop over on our way from Penang to Krabi. The hotel was clean and the staff were helpful in arranging our bus the next day. Lots of shopping and places to eat within walking distance. Overall would stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple