“Far better than expected”

Centara Hotel Hat Yai
Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights over a weekend as my husband had meetings to attend @ Centara. Room was booked for us, so good rate negotiated - we simply paid on check out.

Receptionists were helpful with good use of English, so no problems as such. Advised us of wifi login & password on arrival, but (what we felt to be more important) - they didn't tell us the room safety box needed a key to make it secure, & that it was available at reception - several phone calls & finally a person visit to reception & we get the key.

Lobby area rather nice (I have given separate reviews on coffee shop & sky bar). Lifts inadequate when lots of people checking out @ same time - too small for luggage & people.

Room 535 was good - recent renovation. Had all we needed, but we did ask housekeeping for iron & board as we had clothes to press, Also, our well-travelled electrical travel adapter would not stay in their sockets, so we had to ask to borrow one.

Only 1 small armchair, not really comfortable.

Bathroom was nicely supplied. Shower over bath.

We would stay again.

Now, the car park! If you know the town/come by taxi, then no problem. We were driving ourselves & this was our 1st time in Hat Yai. The sat-nav negotiated the grid of 1-way streets, but we missed the car park entrance! I have attached a couple of pics so you can see what to aim for if you self-drive. Before we could enter the car park, our car was searched, then the man showed us to Centara car parking (free for guests). Short walk to lift to go to street level & lobby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest StrayCat5,

Many thanks for sharing your feedbacks. We certainly appreciate this review and thank you for taking time to write and post the review of your recent stay. Your constructive comments regarding check in orientation will certainly include in training needed for our staffs as to improve of their communication skills. I'm glad to hear that you happy with a room and satisfied with services received from receptionist staffs. Your comments about main entrance/ Car Park also taken noted and will consider adding signs or arrow to direct first time visitors easier.

I'm delighted to know that you intended to stay with us again on your next visit to Hat Yai and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Room : after renovation the room seem better, clean and normal modern southern style. But while we was there in november-december (raining season) the hotel seem a bit humidity (is could be usual here in south of Thailand) also i do think the hotel was build morn than 10 years so i have try to understand for that.

Bar/Service/Food/ABF/Pool/Spa : Sky bar is great service and value for money (but not many variety of snack or aperitif), ABF as the hotel is great for Thai southern food but do not expect bacon or pork (should be understand the situation because here is many difference mix of culture), pool not too big but the toilet and changing room a bit dirty (should clean more often) gym is fine a bit small but their do have trainer to give you some advice. Spa nice style and value for service.

Staffs : Receptions a bit long on process but bellboy are lovely and friendly.

Location : Just opposite Lee Garden Plaza. Street food, shopping (central department store), if you're night life person here is a good choice (dont miss sky bar at Centara with live music)

Hatyai have so many hotels but the style might be not target on A+ market (just normal style but so far their do have new modern and unique hotels (but not in the centre) so just enjoy while you stay and i do hope maybe in the future Centara will open more luxury style hotel in Hatyai.

PS : here at the hotel lots of Malaysia, Singapore and Chinese so if their do a bit noisy dont be panic!! just stay cool then a few hours after you will get use of it.

For Centara : why dont you do have bacon or pork corner at the hotel for the people who allows to enjoy pork or bacon for Breakfast? just give some advice to the hotel :)

Room Tip: High floor with Regency hotel view is better!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest terbtoh Perpignan,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for your time in posting this review. I'm happy to learn that you did realise our rooms are on better conditions after been renovated not as long ago.
Your feedbacks about our Services, ABF, Spa, Pool, gym, FB outlets, service at the reception are well noted and are working for every possibly improvements. Please be advised that our main restaurant that provide all day dinning is certified as halal foods, so there is no bacon or pork served. However, our breakfast are varities of choices that would serve in fine hotel according to feedbacks received very often.

As fas as I aware, Centara having no plan to add another hotel in Hat Yai at this stage. We thank you once again for staying with us and look forward for a pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Hat Yai.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed a night at the hotel. Reception was very polite, but had a very minor problem finding our booked room at first. Overall the room was good, but with some problems with the bathroom. Waters leaks out to the bathroom doorstep and no cotton stick inside the pack... Variety of breakfast choices.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest Robshih,

Thank you for your review, I apologise for an inconvenience during check in process, this has been addressed internally for appropriate rectification.Your comments about bathroom also already been looked at and problems had been fixed. I'm glad to hear that you happy with varities of breakfast choices.

We look forward to having you at Centara Hotel Hat Yai again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

haven been to hatyai a few times..

recently renovated, room is better than lee garden..

bad point- no barclay premier league to watch.

counter staff arent good in communicating in simple english

overall- other than communications; staffs are friendly and helpful..

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rt4ouredz
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest rt4ouredz,

I am happy to learn that you liked our room and happy with services received from our staffs. Regarding the barclay premier league, we are on the process of having this available at soonest stage.

We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Hat Yai and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had meet a problem with air con control system which unable to function well and requested maintenance and they spend out some times to resolved, anyway still thank to them for hardworking and i wish i Hotel can switch a room for me rather than keep me waiting for an hour. Btw, Hotel Housekeeping staffs responding my request within 3 min, what a shock!!! Great Job to both Boontaen & Suphawadee. And i also receiving great welcome and goodbye sweet smile from Manee. Location for this hotel is great as it just in central of shopping in Hatyai, If you park at underground car park, what i can share with you is very safe as mid night also got security officer petrol.

Room Tip: Request to have view of Lee Garden and can enjoy a mid night nice view there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
CHY4trip, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest Vektor_Hugo,

Thank you for your feedback, I apologise for an inconvenience caused from air con control system, this surely should have been checked and ensure in room facilities are full functional beforehand, this has been addressed seriously with our management team for proper handling and improvement. However, I'm glad to know that you were happy with services received from our housekeeping staffs. I have passed on your compliments to all of them and will ensure that they receive pride and recognition.

I would certainly agree with your comments about Hotel location that located right in the Centre of the City. So, provides every easy access, shopping, dinning, TukTuk and etc..

We hope you'll choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Hat Yai.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

i been book this hotel 1 month aga, thanks for all of the tripadvisor share their details related with this hotel, i seen that this hotel is been good comment, so finally i booked throught their official wedside for 2 days 1 night.

When i arrived, is only too early, 9am for thailand time, so the bell boys help me arrange my luggage at lobby, and make a very fast check in process, then we can relax to have a walk near by the hotel.

The Actual check on time is 2pm, buy when hope to check in early, so we make a enquiry to the fronk desk, after that, the female supervior give us a card after some enquiry, but now the problem occur, the miscommucnication of the language, the supervisor give us the wrong card, which was the other guest who similat with my name, this make me feel unsecure maybe one day my room also will be unaccidently broke in by others guest.....please improve this.

After i checked again.the fronk desk team make their solution to setter this issue, after that, i been informed that, the room i booked - deluxe have been fully booked, so company upgrated my room to studio .....

i am free surprised that, and also happy, thanks to Centara hotel.

In the room, the room is big, and more secure cause the normal lif only can acess to 18th floor, the studio room which located at 19and 20th floor need to acess by another lift which u not easy ro been seen, and the floor is always with a housekeeping crew which easy to assign a staff to clean a room for you.

The room is with fully equiment of kitchen tools, a safe eletronic induction cooker, a miccoware, lots of glassware and cutlery.....

the room also large compaired with others room, please experienced urself....

For the swiming pool, is small, which located near by the spa, but the view is nice.

At last, some comments to the coffee house, the food is not suitable to me, cause lots of thailand local food,the sausage from the time i in was already finsih, after 1 hours , then only refill by the kitchen crew,and the action line staff please improve theirs hygience, cause they keep talking with each others, when cooking the fried egg and omelette....and the action stall noodles staff always missing....and make me just stand there wait...and wait.....

Average is good..

Room Tip: try to book studio room, A room with dinner table, cooking accesiories, sofa , and very secure lift...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest khookhoo87,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for your time in posting this review. I must apologise for an inconvenience you was encountered during check in process. This shouldn't happened, therefore necessary and appropriate training is carrying out to prevent any similar incident to reoccur. I'm happy to learn that you liked a room that we provided and compliments on our housekeeping staffs who always deliver prompt service to your satisfaction.
Thank you for your feedback in regard to varieties of foods and improper behavior of our kitchen staffs. We have taken well noted of your remarks and currently working on rectification and improvement.
We hope you'll consider staying with us again on your next trip to Hat Yai and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel countless time and usually I will just park my car at the car park for couples of nights while I proceed to the airport to transit to some other destination. Usual parking price per night is 100 baht. This time I did the same thing which I parked my car for almost 3 week and I was charge a 240 baht per night unreasonably, I asked for explaination and written car park rate of 240 baht that they can provide, therefore I requested to meet their manager to resolve the matter which the manager refuse to meet me and threaten that he will not allow my car to leave and will also report police. As a tourist I have no choice but to pay under this distress situation. I will further write to my credit card to dispute this scam.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Bontan88
CHY4trip, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Guest Bontan88,

Thank you for raised this up that allow me to explain and clarify of the matter. We noticed that there was a Car being parked with no information given who was the owner of a Car, when he/she will pick it up. That was a big concerns according to our strict security system!. We must stay on top vigilant at all times. It is so crucial as you may aware and agreed? Most of the guests / tourists are appreciated of this adhered policy actually . We tried to call the number that obtained from registration card in order to get more information when you would be back and get a Car. The line was always cutting off, so unable to connect you. As the result, we need to let our security guard inspect a car very often to ensure that nothing wrong there, so extra works for the security guard. The parking fee that comply properly with terms and conditions is 100 Baht per night, but this was not the case (no information given, just parked a car there) So, this apply to the other terms and conditions of 10 Baht per hour/240 Baht per day. A car was parked here 26 nights in total, given the fact, you have not been charged unreasonably price.
Just to let you know, actually a police is requested to see and do some sort of inquiry against the owner why a Car was parked such so long? It is part of security measurement of the destidation.

Hope this would clarify and explanable of the matter.