“Not a good experience”

Centara Hotel Hat Yai
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My first trip to Hatyai and I got this hotel ... Well the location nearby shopping store and at noght many food stall outside .
Hotel lobby not located at ground floor . I tried lunch at their restaurant and taste not what i expected ;( . My room also have broken ceilings, water drops on floor ;( . Well as I stay only 2nights its quite okay .. If u stay long terms never choose this

• Stayed: March 2013
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Jessica C

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first trip to Hat Yai. The location of our Hotel is a great advantage as you and many reviewers are mentioned. Your feedbacks about the taste of our food and the improper checked of room conditions before accommodated guest is well noted for proper rectification and improvement.

Thank you once again for staying at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai and we wish to have a pleasure of welcome you back again.

Warm regards ,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I first stayed in this hotel around 2003, when it was under management of Accor Group as a Novotel. It appears that the rooms haven't been updated since that time. The bed is of upper medium level quality, and shower facilities feel particularly dated. The lobby on the 6th floor features saxophone & vocal easy listening and light jazz, but the large space with concave ceiling seems to amplify the sound and make it cold & uninviting--not a place for a relaxed drink & conversation. They have done an impressive remodeling of the restaurant area that features an outdoor open balcony above the bustling commercial area, which provides a nicer venue for cocktails and chatting. Breakfast buffet, though not luxurious, is ample, and features southern specialties like freshly made roti. There are many choices for mid-level hotels in Hat Yai (but oddly no choice I've found of luxury level accommodation), and though the Centara is reasonably comfortably appointed and very conveniently located, one might find equal or greater value for the money elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest Bob C,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks. We certainly appreciate this review and thank you for taking time to write and post this review. Actually our rooms were renovated during 2010-2012 in all room types as well as preventive maintenance are carried out regularly. You may not noticed much different as its major design has not been changed. Your feedback regarding the atmosphere of Lobby lounge is well noted and will work for the possibility of improvement accordingly. Thank you for highlighting about our new renovated main restaurant and it is the place as you described. I'm not taken side, but refer to many reviewers did say that Centara Hat Yai is the best Hotel of this destination.
Thank you for your appreciation and we certainly value your kind appraisal. We wish to have a pleasure of welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2nites location was perfect for a shopping trip. Staff..from the driver to housekeeping was attentive and polite..breakfast was great..wifi connection in room was fast enough and free..coffee&tea making facility available with complimentary bottled mineral water replenished daily..stayed in a deluxe premium room which was spacious though i do think the bathroom is a little too small for me..and the bed was too hard for my liking..aside from these two complaints..i would say the room was
really comfortable. I would have titled my review "A PERFECT STAY" had the bed been more comfortable..its way too hard to enjoy a good night sleep especially after a tiring day of shopping..I still give Centara the thumbs up because fantastic location, great
staff and satisfying food did more than justify the reason to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest RULIZAH,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you found it almost perfect . We have various room types that designed differently , some rooms designed more space in bedroom and living room while Bathroom is cosy and designed to facilitate every necessary purpose of use. Regarding a hard bed, I would say people are having different preferences ,actually we can put a soft mattress on top of the bed to make it softer , please request for this on your next stay .
It was our pleasure to have you and we look forward to your next visit in the near future..

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed in the hotel on Feb 3-7 in a premier room for a business trip with my wife. There was an-going Chinese New Year festivities during our stay and there was a night Market just in front of the hotel which was very convenient for us, we didn't have to go far. Central Mall is connected with this hotel which you can access via elevator, and another mall opposite the street. Excellent location

I had a perk of free access to the lounge which is nice. The bar man was nice and attentive, always offering me wine just after I empty the glass. The service and food is excellent. WIFI is fast enough. Definitely would stay here again when i get back to Hat Yai

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Engr
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest 78volts,

We are happy to know that you satisfied with your recent stay at Centara Hotel Hat Yai. The location is great advantage as you described. Thank you for your compliments on our food and service received, especially with a bar man, I have passed on your message to the team and they are equally happy to learn that you satisfied with services provided.

We glad to hear that you intended to stay with us again on your next trip to Hat Yai and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I've made a perfect choice.
The room is clean and new.
An eye soothing lobby reception.
Excellent and well English speaking staff.
Delicious Thai breakfast -Khao Yam
Smack in the middle of everything.
Tuk-tuk easily available in front of the hotel.
1 minit on foot from Halal/Muslim restaurant

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest Pienkcat,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your time in posting this review. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and find overall experiences was to your satisfaction. Your constructive feedbacks will surely encourage us to maintain and keep it up as to serve you better on your future visit.

We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Hotel is very centrally located. It is opposite Lee Gardens hotel and in the central tourist area with lots of stalls setup along the street pavements selling souvenirs and T-shirts etc both to locals and tourists.

The room was comfortable although not that big. The bathroom had only a shower and could only be accessible once I closed the bathroom door. The room and the bathroom was very clean and cleaned once a day but at different times each day. I specifically asked for my room to be cleaned whilst I was out in business meeting during the morning but this was not done. The cleaner apologised and got the room cleaned after I complained to reception.

The hotel has an excellent customer service and were happy to correct any issues a guest may have.

The reception and lobby is on Floor 6 and all the bedrooms are higher up. The first 5 floors are an upmarket shopping mall. To get to ones room from the ground floor involves to elevators, one form ground floor to floor 6 then a walk across the lobby to a second set of elevators which will take you to your floor. I was on floor 13 which gave a good view of the city. The higher the floor the better the view.

The outdoor pool and spa is located on floor 7.

There is live music in the evenings in the skylight lounge in the lobby area and a good atmosphere prevails throughout the hotel.

The door staff were always very helpful and also smiling.

I found the price very reasonable but also all the hotels in Hat Yai charge a lot less for the equivalent product than the hotels in Bangkok.

I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank rm1003
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest rm1003,

We are happy to know that you satisfied with your recent stay at Centara Hotel Hat Yai. Yes, we are located perfectly that can't find anywhere better!. Thank you for highlighting about our room, actually we do have a room with "bathtub" on different room types, just choose those serve your need or preferences. I apologies for a delay of room cleaning which might be the case during a very high occupancy. Anyway, glad to hear that our room cleaner staff has action promptly of your request. Thank you for described our hotel and its facilities. They are all ready for our valued guests!

I have shared your feedbacks about our helpful and friendly Doorman/ concierge with the team ,they are all appreciated of your recognition.

I'm' delighted to read that you are intended to stay with us again. We will surely provide you with a more pleasant experiences and look forward to your return.

General manager.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is very well located and it's just opposite the famous Lee Garden hotel. At night you will find all the street stall vendors along the street infront of the hotel. For those who like shopping, do stay here. It's within walking distance to the shopping area and night market. You can also have many food options nearby. There are also a few good massage centre nearby. The hotel service were good. The breakfast provided were good and there is wifi connection in the hotel as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Boonchuan
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Guest Boonchuan,

Many thanks for your review. The Hotel location is as you and many other reviewers stated, it is the best and great advantage!

Glad to learn that you satisfied with our breakfast, Wifi internet is even better as I responded the previous reviewer.

We look forward to having you at Centara Hotel Hat Yai again soon.

Warm regards