“very good staff close to shopping”

Centara Hotel Hat Yai
Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very pleasant stay at Centara due to its great location which you can find restaurants & hawker stalls within walking distance. Staffs are friendly & helpful even though have language barrier. I love the hote;'s swimming pool, very relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DouglasPeng
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear DouglasPeng

It is a pleasure to hear about your pleasant stay. Thank you for highlighting about the Hotel location which is best in the City. Your appreciation on our staffs is highly appreciated and having shared this with team. This will surely encourage us to keep it up as to serve you even better on your future visit. The English class training is carrying out regularly, hope our staff can communicate better at soonest stage.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from Centara Hatyai Hotel, had a great stay.
Hotel lobby is level 6 while u took the lift from ground floor. Don't be fool by the old looking walk way or the small cafe at the ground floor.

This hotel has a shopping center attached to it which is on the 5th floor. U can just drop by to buy anything from this shopping center supermarket.

Just outside the hotel, there are street food and stores selling day to day items but of cos not as many as bkk.
Oppsite there is a macdonald which also house a sushi buffet resturant at the same place. This place is called lee garden which also is a small Shopping center.
Level 7 is the gym/ spa and swimming pool. Not really child friendly but very clean and windy.

Centara lobby have 2 resturant which serve 2 different dinner during evening time, may I suggest the Japanese dinner as they have fresh sushi and great ice cream spread. Price work out to be the same as you are eating at those Chinese resturant downstair. Hotel guest also have discount at the Japanese dinner.

Room is clean and pillow are comfy, well that's all that matters to me. Would be good if Centara provide toothbrush.
Water pressure is good

At airport, you can take the van at 100B to reach Centara hotel. Look for the yellow transport company.
Coming back to airport would be asking the hotel for help. It be $800B

Will I go back again ?
You bet I will! !

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank joejas

Dear joejas,

Greeting from Hat Yai, thank you for your recent stay at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai and for having described about the Hotel location and its facilities. I can ensure that all of these will maintain and work on improvements and lift them up!

I'm delighted to hear that you intended to stay with us again on your future visit to Hat Yai and look forward to having you back again very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We been there just for a night, booking been made directly with the hotel for an premium Dlx room, we been allocated a room on 14th floor with view over railway station. The hotel is nicely located and connected to Central department store, who's quite convenient. Concierge took immediately situation in hand and bring us to the 6th floor at the hotel's lobby, reception staff were fast and efficient, well groomed and well educated, we been show our room by a luggage boy, and been explained about hotel facilities. We had nice rest, in this nice room, not over furnished, just the necessary amenities for a good night of rest, the bathroom wasn't exactly perfect, was clean, but in the way too small and not well lightened. We got our evening meal at the Ginger restaurant on the 6th floor, that night was a Japanese buffet at very reasonable price. Breakfast was well diversified, only we went at the rush hour time, and it was big mess with the morning rough staff (I understand this, due to the incessant nonsense request of guest) The cook at the eggs section was specially unfriendly with any guest. Check out was clear as well fast. I think the best staff are on the front office and lobby.

Room Tip: Upper floor room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear yaba2390

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience at Centara Hotel Hat yai and I am happy to know that you had a satisfactory stay. Thank you for highlighting about the advantage location, a main Restaurant for having breakfast , our fine Japanese buffet at Ginger Restaurant. Your comment about unfriendly cook at eggs station is well taken noted and our Executive Chef is putting necessary and proper training as to improve their attitude and to interact with guest with appropriate manners. Having passed on your compliments to front office team, they are very happy and keen to keep this up as to serve you better on your future visit.
A room preventive maintenance is carrying out through out the year to ensure that a room is maintaining at its best conditions, this include necessary upgrading.

We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Warn regards,
General manager.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights(10th -12th July 2014) with 3 other adults. We booked 2 rooms and it comes with daily breakfast. Booking was made via an agent. I paid THB1600 for Thursday night and THB1700 for Friday night. One of the rooms had no key to the safe box (room 930). Bathroom looks a little old. Some improvement to the toilet will be nice. Staff were friendly and helpful. We were welcomed with some cold drinks. Concierge is good. Many variety for breakfast. They had freshly made roti too. Overall, one of the better, clean and strategic hotels in Hat Yai. Massage shops, shopping and food are all within walking distance. There is shopping on the lower floors of the hotel.

Central Festival Shopping Mall and Hansa Plaza (Cabaret Show) is about 15 minutes away by tuk tuk. Hansa Plaza is next to BarBerry (Sexy Show). Buying tickets for these shows are cheaper if bought through an agent. Don't need to purchase the ticket that includes meal unless you are travelling in a big group. In my opinion, the food isn't worth it.

Room Tip: One of the better hotels in Hat Yai.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle T
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest Michelle T,

Thank you for your recent stay at Centara Hotel Hat Yai and for sharing your feedbacks via Tripadvisor. The new model of in room safety box is under the process of purchasing. A room preventive maintenance programme and the necessary upgrading is carrying out through out the year. I'm delighted to hear that you satisfied with variety of breakfast and happy with service delivered by our staffs.

Hat Yai/ Songkhla is one of the interesting place to visit. Apart from what you have already mentioned, there are many other places that attractive for tourists those traveling to the east coast of Thailand.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Not a lot to say about the hotel, it's a pretty standard Thailand hotel. It's old and a bit worn out, but it's clean. It is located in the heart of Hat Yai, with lots of shopping and restaurants within a kilometer. The room was above average for Thailand, both in size and cleanliness. The bathroom was clean and fairly modern. The bed was wide as well as long, maybe over two meters long. LCD TV with a good mix of English channels, such as BBC, SyFy, Aljezera, Universal, and a few others. Breakfast was good, but nothing special. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Great free WiFi even in the room. Overall, a good experience and I would stay here again if I ever return to Hat Yai,

Room Tip: Top floor !!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Steve A

Thank you for sharing your view through Tripadvisor. We are certainly appreciated on your fairly comments. We have putting the room preventive maintenance as well as refurbishment programme in placed. This is to maintain a room at its best conditions. I'm delighted to learn that you intended to stay with us again whenever return to Hat Yai! We look forward to having you again at Centara Hotel Hat Yai.

General manager.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is right in the heart of the commercial and shopping district and about 20 minutes away from the airport.The front desk and concierge was polite and helpful except for the service staff at the restaurant. Was rather disappointed in the way the supervisor handled my complaint when I told him that I had asked for sunny side up eggs from the egg station and his staff could not understand a word of English and just shrugged me off. After that the supervisor actually came up to me and told me his history of his previous job which had absolutely nothing to do with my complaint. But overall, the GM and the FO was very obliging and helpful in every way. I actually appreciated the fact that they were always around to attend to the guests. I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Eileen T

Warm greeting from Hat Yai ,

Thank you for your favorite review. we are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry for the disappointed in a Restaurant and the inefficient handled of that small issue. English skills is one of the challenges where we work to overcome on it. Currently English class is carrying out and it is compulsory for all of our guest contact staffs. Thank you for highlighting about our friendly and helpful staffs, this will surely encourage us to keep it up

Your highly recommendation on staying at Centara Hotel Hat Yai is very much appreciated. Meanwhile we look forward for a pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed two nights at Centara Hotel Hat Yai at promotional prices which will cost you around USD40 per night.

Yep, it's cheap if you consider what you get. But I will choose not to stay here again because:

* All the rooms here are outdated. The safe deposit box in room has no key (missing), and unusable. TV in room is old CRT which you rarely find it in the market. Dirt on carpet & pillow. And much more -- it's normal for old hotel. But since it's name is Centara (big hotel chain in Thailand), everyone should expect more.

* All the rooms has window, but you couldn't take a fresh air. If you want to open the window, you have to call someone to unlock it with the key. And if you want to lock it down, then you need someone to help you again. They won't give you the key to do that yourself. I think the airflow in the room is not that good (for me). I felt not comfortable to stay in the room.

* Location is good in tourist shopping zone. But you also should expect to pay more. I'm Thai and I have to pay for 35 THB for a coconut on the street. (In tourist area in Bangkok, it's just 20 THB and you can find 10-15 THB elsewhere).

Other than that:

- Ginger dinner buffet is very limited. The taste is somewhat okay but the way they served is poor. For example, sushi size is very tiny -- thought that it would be the same size as I could find in the market on street with 5-10 THB each. (The taste here is better though) -- They charged around 500THB per pax and I didn't enjoy it well.

- I also hate the way that the lobby is on 6th floor. It's a long walk from your room, down to 6th floor, and walk to another side to go down to 1st floor.

- Housekeeping forgot to give me small towels on 2nd day.

- Staffs are somewhat friendly. No problem on this area.

- Wi-Fi is very good and fast. And it's FREE !!

Tips:
- Central Department Store in the same building as Centara is old one. Don't waste your time there. Ask someone to bring you to Central Festival complex, it's huge and have more fun and restaurant.

- The hotel will charge you 400THB to airport. You can find 300THB by private car outside. Just ask motorcycle. Tuk-Tuk (open aired small car) will normally scam you at the same 300-500THB. I just got 300THB price. The motorcycle outside the hotel can bring you to tour company which provide airport transfer (300THB net, and you don't have to pay for motorcycle)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear steammilk,

Greeting from hat Yai ,

Thank you for your feedback and some constructive comments. I truly appreciated and take these for our rectification and improvements where possible. For instant the cleanliness of our room, food quality. However, something are beyond our control, such as street foods pricing which actually reasonable to many tourists point of view. I'm sorry to hear that you intended to choose elsewhere on your future trip to Hat Yai. However, it would be grateful if you consider staying at Centara Hotel Hat Yai again at some stage. So that we can demonstrate improvements and regain your confidence.