“Comfortable but services can be improve”

Centara Hotel Hat Yai
Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Hat Yai
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable but services can be improve”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hotel is located in a convenient spot of Hatyai city. With malls and shopping streets nearby. Hotel facilities are excellent. Stayed in the Small studio apartment comes with free wifi (limited to 3 devices). However just a slight disappointment with the airport pick up arrangement. Upon arrival at Hatyai airport, none of the staffs were holding a board with our names on (which stated in the confirmation email). Until we approached 1 of them which they later asked a 'random' driver to send us to the hotel instead. Not wearing hotel's uniform like the 2 that we saw. Felt really insecure with that. hopefully hotel could improve on the services. Breakfast buffet was great too with prata and egg stations. Overall a good hotel, first trip with my family to hatyai. would return to stay if services from hotel and staffs strive for improvement.

Room Tip: highest floor is the 20th. should you consider to go for higher floor, you will need to transfer to...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Guest J_LOW15,

Thank you for sharing experience of your recent stay via Tripadvisor . I apologise for an inconvenience caused regarding an Airport pick up. Not to excuse, but this is unusual situation due to the heavily traffic that cause delayed of Car arrangements. Having addressed this issue seriously with our Front office Team to be more proactive as to prevent any similar incident to be reoccur.

Thank you for highlighting about the hotel location which is great advantage as you described. The Apartment unit is suit well with family and long staying. I'm glad that you liked the spread and variety of our breakfast.
Last but not least we hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai so that we can demonstrate of improvements.

Opas Damrongkul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
Reviewed 25 August 2014

A job well done by the new mgt. They still live up to their excellence and I enjoyed the atay like before. I like the friendliness,cleanliness even when outside was drenched,helpfullness,absolutely a place i would always return to everytime in hatyai

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest Jhan,

Greeting from Hat Yai,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai and for sharing your satisfactory experience through Tripadvisor. Your feedbacks is absolutely encourage us to maintain high standard and to lift it up as to serve you better on your future visit.

I'm glad to hear that you keen to stay with us whenever travel to Hat Yai and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Hotel located right in the centre of town, hotel lobby is located at level 6. Central Departmental store is just below the hotel and there is a lift connected to it. The room is spacious, nothing to complain about. Clean and Comfortable. Overall a value for money hotel and probably the best hotel in Hadyai Town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Guest Sam_TravelKL,

Greeting from Hat Yai ,

It is our pleasure reading your favorite comments of your recent stay at the Cantara Hotel Hat Yai. The hotel location is well located as you described that provide every convenient.

Thank you for evaluated us the best hotel in Hat Yai and this is the same with many reviewers. Not to take side, I can confirm YES we are.

Look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hotel is at the centre of Hatyai city, around with shopping street and malls, very convenience to go around.
Services is excellent, staffs ar e friendly and breakfast is good!!
I would return to stay again on my next visit.

Room Tip: You may choose the corner room which there are a bit bigger than other. Non-smoking room is good.
2 Thank Unun W
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Unun W,

Greeting from Hat Yai, It is pleasure reading your feedbacks, this will surely encourage us to maintain and to keep it up as to serve you better on your future visit.

Thank you for your favourable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai in the near future.

Opas damrongkul
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After reading reviews from other travelers, i decided to stay at this hotel for a short trip to Hat Yai. And guess what. It was a very good decision. The hotel is really good. Check in was fast, the staff was accommodating and we were given welcome drinks while waiting for check in. As reviewed by other guest before, you need to pay 1000 bath as deposit upon check in and was given a receipt as a proof of payment. You need to show this receipt again during check out to get back your deposit. Room was very comfortable and clean, breakfast was just amazing with Roti Canai available. Oh not to forget, the breakfast is Halal (the manager showed us the Halal Certificate, just to double confirm). Location wise, a lot of shopping places around and there are at least 2 Muslim Restaurant nearby. and if you are hungry at night, worry not. there are Muslim vendors all around the hotels. Will definitely stay again at this hotel. On another note, there is a new huge shopping complex in Hat Yai. It is called Festival City. Go check it out ya

2 Thank Fahmy_Ma
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear  Guest Fahmy_Ma,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedbacks through trip advisors. I'm delighted to hear that you satisfied with overall of your experience. Thank you for highlighting about the efficient check in/ check out process , our certified and fine halal breakfast and the comfortable room. May I explain about deposit request, this is the standard of check in process as to guarantee incidental payment and optionally credit card guarantee is also accepted. As you stated, this will return before you leave. The hotel lactation is great advantage as you mentioned. I'm glad to hear that you intended to stay with us when travel to Hat Yai and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

After 28 years from my last visit to Hat Yai, I booked my flight with hotel accommodation at Centara Hotel, Hat Yai from 12 July 2014 to 15 July 2014 to relax and watch the final world cup football. The hotel is well located in the Hat Yai city center. Beside the hotel there are many shopping malls, local seafood and Chinese restaurants,English Pub, massage salons, SPA, day and night market stalls, and bird nest stalls. All within short walking distances. The hotel is around 35 minutes from airport. The hotel room is clean and spacious, with LCD TV showing many channels and live telecast of World Cup football. At the lobby bar, a big TV screen was set up for hotel guests to watch WC live accompanied with beautiful musics and songs played by local band.We had a good Thai dinner at the nearby English Pub. The service and food were good and prices were reasonable. During our stay in the hotel, being Bangkok Centara Hotel chain regular guest, we were given special attention. Reception staff are friendly and helpful.We had our daily breakfast outside the hotel because we wanted to taste more local food. Behind the hotel, there are travel agencies where you can book your return taxi to airport and good foreign currency exchange especially changing Malaysia Ringgit to Thai Bahts because the travel agencies operate daily return bus coaches to Penang. Besides local fruits, prices for clothings are not cheap. Do not afraid of bargain at day and night markets. Written by H W LOH / H M Loo

Room Tip: Higher floor , non smoking, away from downstair night musics and traffic noises
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Hang Meng L
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest Hang Meng L,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai and for sharing your experience through Tripadvisor. I understand that overall was to your satisfaction. The hotel location is great advantage as you described and I can confirm there is no where else better in the City. Thank you for highlighting about good and reasonable price of our food. Having shared your compliments with Reception team, they are happy to know that and really keen to keep it up!

We always organizing special activity / event along with external or important events that interest of our guests. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed World Cup 2014 during your stay.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedbacks and we look forward to having you back at the Centara Hotel Hat Yai in the near future.

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was a two night stop-over along our travels, and as the Centara appeared to be the best hotel possible, that's what we booked.

On arrival, we checked in and were asked to pay a deposit in cash - I think it was one or two thousand Baht, I can't be sure. Anyway, don't lose the ticket as you have to hand it in to get your money back.
The room was okay, the decor was pretty awful, although it appeared to have been renovated - purple striped carpets, purple chair, and a very strong smell of paint. We asked to check into another room, but the other room was the same. They said we could upgrade for a large fee!! We said, no. I didn't want an upgrade, just a room with a nicer bathroom that didn't smell of paint.
My husband and I decided to check out. We were then offered the up-grade for free, although it came with a rude look, and some whispers. We looked at the room which was now 2 rooms, and was even larger, but the bathroom was much nicer, a large glass shower, and it all seemed clean enough, although the stains on the sofa and bed throw were a bit suspect, so we did not use them. My husband and I had a good laugh about the free condoms on the mini-bar (although a good idea for such a hotel), and I had the pleasure of meeting the occasional 'lady' in the life on her way to work - judging by the men I'd seen in the hotel, I have to say, I felt really sorry for them.

After seeing the room we still considered leaving, but as it was getting late, and we had really had enough of having to complain and change hotels on this year long journey, that we decided to stay - it was only two nights afterall.

The package we had booked over the internet gave us free drinks between 17:00 and 19:00, which we managed to take advantage of by ordering just in time. The lady told me that it was 19:03, but my watch said 18:57, so she let me order. It was pleasant enough in the bar area with a little live music, and the night brought a more relaxed atmosphere, although I'm sure the drinks helped too.

Breakfast was not to our taste at all - catering is for the Chinese and Thai guests, although there is toast on offer and freshly cooked eggs. Tea and coffee is from a pot, and the restaurant itself is more like a cheap cafe.

If I was in Hat Yai again, I would only stay there again if a nicer hotel chain hasn't opened a hotel there, although it's doubtful that I would return.

The location is great, it's directly in town opposite the shopping mall, so you can find something to eat easily; Thai or Western food. McDonald's, Kentucky and Swensens ice cream are all in the shopping mall, and Starbuck's is just a 2 minute walk away if you're looking for a bit of civilisation while you're there. There are no loos in Starbuck's though, so you have to go into the shopping centre it's attached to, which is pretty good, lots of cheap clothes in there. The loos were on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and were western loos.

W

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AntoinetteKerrie
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear AntoinetteKerrie,

Greeting from Hat Yai,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with some aspects of your stay. We tried our best to deliver the best service for every guest. I apologize for an inconvenience caused from the room change due to the smell of paint. However, we did try to recover the situation by upgraded you to an Executive Suite which is the highest room category in the Hotel! I'm sorry if staff may reacted with improper manner. Even though it hard to proof, but I had addressed this matter seriously and surely will take necessary step to rectify the issue. I have nothing to explain more about condom which is chargeable actually. This only to offer guest convenient ,not for any other purpose. We do have strict policy for non registered guest ( outsider ) So, what you have seen may not as you presumed.

As far as I aware, there is no any chain hotel plan to have their hotel in Hat Yai. If it may, that will be the second Centara property.
So, this say it all and to be fair for us according to comments of many reviewers, we are considered as the best Hotel in the City.