Hotels.com
Priceline
Trip.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I am from America and my wife is from Hat Yai. We stayed at the JB for 5 nights in August, 2012. We also had the evening reception for our wedding in their ballroom. I have stayed in other hotels in Hat Yai before (Lee Garden -- which I would give one star; the place is kind of a dump), and a few other hotels. After my experience @ Lee Garden, I wasn't expecting much from the JB. I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service, professionalism of the staff, and the quality of the facilities. This is a great hotel! It may not be a 5-Star, but I can tell you that as far as Hat Yai goes, this is the place to stay.

Everything from the moment we checked in until we checked out was perfect. Because we had our wedding reception here, they comped a suite to us one night (we were already paying to stay in the same suite). After our wedding day, they gave us a bottle of champaign, and made a beautiful arrangement using flower pedals on our bed.

If you've been married, you know that wedding planning and execution can be a nightmare. The staff the the JB, and especially Look Pla made our wedding planning and the event itself completely worry free. The JB catered to our 470+ guests with no effort, and provided a wonderful experience for all of our guests, and for our wedding day. Look Pla, as the wedding planner, consistently went above and beyond what was required and exceeded all of our expectations.

As an American, I'm used to American quality standards, which are very high. I am happy to report to you the the Hansa JB is a great hotel, with great staff, and great facilities. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough!

I can't give it 5 stars just because there are some attributes missing that would warrant a 5 star review. It's not a 5 star hotel. They don't claim to be a 5-star, or even want to. Hat Yai is not a market that would support the 5-Star prices that would go with a 5-Star hotel. The value for the money you'll spend, though, is something that I would give 5 stars to! Great place to stay. If you're in Hat Yai, this is where you want to stay if you're looking for a hotel experience that is similar to what you would get in America.

Thank you Hansa JB Hotel!

Room tip: If you want a hotel that is on par with Western standards, the Hansa JB is the place for you to stay in Hat Yai!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

From the moment of my arrival to my leaving for the airport there was nothing I did not like, except the TV remote( how petty is that). The reception desk was staffed with beautiful and very helpful ladies that spoke excellent English. The bellhop who showed me to my large room also spoke very good English and he was quite informative regarding the room and airport transfer. As I said the room was large and the bed comfortable. Everything was clean and the room had a nice view. The bathroom had everything I needed and the water pressure in the shower was very strong. The towels large and thick. The mini bar was well stocked. I thought the included breakfast was one of the best I've had in my travels because it offered a wide varieties of good foods that were well displayed. My eggs were done just right and the coffee tasted great. The hotel has a large pool, which I did not use and a business center which I did use. The business center could use one or two more computers for guests to use. My only regret was that I did not allow more time to spend in Hat Yai at the Hansa JB. Thank you Hansa JB for a great stay.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Our family reserved five rooms at this hotel, early January 2012, for our grandson's wedding to a local girl. Both the wedding ceremony and the large reception were held at the hotel. The decorations at the ceremony and reception were so colourful with beautiful posters and blown up photographs of the bride and groom. The food was the best Chinese, plentiful and delicious. The music and entertainment was enjoyed by all.
Now as for the accommodation, we had five superior rooms on the eighth floor. We all agreed that while the furnishings were showing signs of ageing, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the bathrooms quite acceptable. This has been a class hotel in its time, with a luxurious looking reception and bar/entertaiment area where we enjoyed great service with a smile from all the staff. There was a pianist and singer performing in this area each evening after 7pm.
The swimming pool is large and clean although the lounges and tables on the surrounds are in need of upgrading. There was an adequate supply of clean towels at the adjoining gym and sauna area.
The tuk tuks, which serve all of the main town and markets, cost three Australian dollars(100 Bahts) for any trip around the city, including from the main railway station.
At breakfast the chef would cook fresh scrambled egg or omelettes to your requirements.. The fried eggs were being kept warm on a tray(we didn't fancy them). They had a tray of sausages and chicken-bacon. Asian food was available. It was the best bargain in meals anywhere we have stayed, at five dollars( 150 bahts) all you could eat per person.
A very good stay enjoyed by all.

Room tip: Our superior rooms on eighth floor were quite accepable to all. They were quiet and overlooked the city and parks.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The hotel was OK at best. The rooms are quite old. I would recommend bringing your own soap and shampoo as that provided by the hotel is pretty poor quality. The location was fine and it was easy to get a tuk-tuk into town. There was a fun (but deafening loud) boom-boom club in the basement (forgot the name). Go out the front and turn left - go down the ramp and at the car park, there is an entrance on the left. It was fun. We were the only non-Thai people but nobody cared. Fun music, no real place to dance except around your table, far too loud, but fun.
Major complaint - I had ants in my room and you could see them coming down the corner of the wall. The rug, bed and bath looked spotless though. However, I left my backpack (small one) on the ground and the front pocket became filled with 100+ mini ants after 2 days on the floor. I did not have food in my bag either so I'm not sure why so many climbed in. It was gross! Otherwise, the hotel was a normal, old, SE Asian, non-touristy hotel.
Staff were helpful so that was a plus. The breakfast was horrible (at least what I ate as a friend said theirs was OK). I got breaky across the street the next day with my friend and it was much better and both of us ate for less than 1 at the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank TokyoSalaryMan
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The hotel is quite OK. The staffs are also friendly, but the breakfast is not must choice. If you like silent, this hotel is right for you. For me, just feel it's not suitable, because it is located out of the town. The surrounding is not happening and go to the town by tut tut only.

• Trip type: Travelled with family