“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bam Bam - CLOSED

Bam Bam
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I actually wanted to go to Moon Smile & Patoo but the queue seemed to long, and I happened upon this family run restaurant just a few doors down.
The food and service were excellent. I had the green papaya salad, chicken green curry and steamed rice and a large Singha beer and the total cost was THB240, can't complain about the price!
I was asked if I liked my meal spicy and I do so the chilli content in both was just to my liking - hot and spicy.
Will definitely return

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank yvc129

Brighton
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Perfect typical, family run gem of a restaurant. Friendly service and food excellent, interestingly most of the restaurants on this road have staff outside encouraging you in, Bam Bam doesn't so is less intimidating and the food does the job to ensure you return time and time again! Not to forget the bill for 3 including drinks was approx £10! What more can you ask for, husband believes it serves the best Thai green curry ever! And he's eaten a few!!

3 Thank Only1angelbrighton
Hua Hin, Thailand
“a little gem amongst many less special places!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was introduced to Bam Bam by an English couple who 'adopted' me during my 3 month solo stay n Hua Hin a few years back, they had repeated their vows in this restaurant in full Thai dress, and the family owners and they were very close. I would have kept walking past if not for them, however I am glad they took me under their wing in this instance. The menu is much the same as most eating places in that street, but the quality and freshness of these dishes is far superior than most. I do remember the whole fish was amazing, as was the Larb. My husband and I are returning to Hua Hin later this year, and will definately plan to eat at Bam Bam.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mandybarrett
Hong Kong, China
“Another good option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

If one of the other restaurants on this street are closed, Bam Bam is a good substitute. Good food, good prices. Would definitely recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tsferguson
Hong Kong, China
“Try this out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Another popular Thai restaurant on the short strip of Poon Suk Road. The food may take a while to be served during busy hour, although the wait is well worth it. Tried the Pad Thai and Tom Yum Kung and they were all good. On the day I visited the restaurant, I did note a high percentage of returning customer which is a good sign. It's well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2014