“no frills accommodation in a good location”
Review of Taphouse

Taphouse
Ranked #17 of 308 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked a "suite" as I was there for 8 nights and wanted some private outdoor space. The room was large with the bed on one side of a partition, an area with table and chairs, fridge and access to the balcony, and then the bathroom. The bathroom was spacious and so even though there was no shower enclosure, the whole bathroom didn't get soaked. The annoying thing was, even though there was heaps of space in the bathroom, there was nowhere to put anything. No towel rail, no soap dish, nowhere even to put a toothbrush etc.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the towels were changed daily.
The location is very central - walking distance to the beach and in the hub of all the nightlife activity. Even though it is surrounded by bars, the rooms are tucked away and so fairly quiet.
I didn't find the staff particularly friendly, but then I am pretty independent and do my own thing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I really like this place. Jing and her staff are great, helpful and friendly. My room was very basic but ideal. Comfy bed, functional A/C, large washroom, good shower, cable, clean.....what more do you need. Great deal for the price. It's a bit too close to the bar scene - I mean SMACK DAB in the bar scene - but this isn't an issue. Makes for interesting people watching with minimal noise considering the circumstances. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

i stayed at jings for 5 nights in november , it is a very good and friendly guesthouse, rooms very large and large beds , close to everything you need, would stay there again for sure. jing and her staff very friendly and funny.

Room Tip: all rooms looked good to be honest but didnt see the cheaper ones to be fare.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Jings for one month and found it to be well located and clean. The room was large and had a fridge which was great for fruit, snacks, and drinks. It is located in the center of town with many restaurants within walking distance. Even though it is in the center of the bar scene, the rooms are situated well back from the street so noise was not an issue. The main beach is only a few minutes walk as well as many little shops for snacks, water, clothing etc.
The only thing is we wish Jings had more of an outdoor seating area. Also there is no view of anything from the room so we found our room to be a little dark and for a month stay it could feel a bit gloomy. We also found the bed to be really hard and although that is great for some people it just was not so great for us. With that said for a week or two stay it would be fine.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When Chef LeeZ staff are in Hau Hin we always book our favorite rooms at Jing's Guest House and Bistro. Everything Hau Hin is an easy 5 to 10 minute walk from Jing's. The beach, night market, The Tuk Tuk central to go anywhere Hau Hin. ALl the rooms are set well back from the busy red light zone that surrounds this establishment which means you will not loose sleep due to the bar noises. Simply put since we found Jing's, via Trip Advisor, we have not looked for an alternate place to park our heads.

Room Tip: 850 baht per night gets you a suite (larger rooms).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed at Jing's for four nights after reading numerous good reviews and recommendations on various websites. If you don't know Hua Hin as I didn't Jing's is pretty much in the middle of the bar scene and approx 5 minutes from the beach. Ask the motor cycle guy for Soi Beer and you are in the area. The local Irish theme pub is at the end of the soi less than 2 minutes away and it's also in close proximity to a couple of 7 Elevens.
My room backed onto a hotel garden/pool and was quiet at night. The room was very clean and the staff friendly. Good shower pressure etc. No complaints. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have been back & forth to Thailand 3 or 4 times a year now for the last 4 years. On my first stay at Jings, my legs were badly sunburnt on the beach. Peter & Jing took care of me and catered for my every need. Peter took me to the Clinic every day to get my burns seen to. They were very kind and the staff went to the shop and pharmacy for me. I stayed there for 1 month, and after 2 weeks I could walk again and this was due to the kindness of everyone at Jings. Since then, I have always returned to Jings. The rooms are spot on, they cover every budget. Fenny Foo mews rooms which are new are very nice. Now this is located right in the centre of the bar scene, but don't let that put you off. It is very quiet, so sleep is not a problem. I have met some great friends over the years staying here, and have met Young & Old couples staying at Jings. Have made great friends with the Owners & Staff across the road at Moonlight bar. This place caters for everyone. Free wifi. Food & drink available all day. Kind & friendly staff. Would never stay anywhere else. Love everyone to bits at Jings.

Room Tip: Fenny Foo Mews are the newest rooms. The original rooms are still in good condition for a cheaper pr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo