“Poor quality during my stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel

V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Hua Hin
Bangkok, Thailand
“Poor quality during my stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My friend organized her wedding here on May 30,14. So my friends and I decided to stay over during this weekend. So it was 2 nights of my stay.

When I check-in, the living room in my villa got a very strong smell including smoking smell, which I can't stand it. I'm allergy to smoking and have already requested for non-smoking room. They said due to so many guests check-in and those are for the wedding. They couldn't change the room for me but will put some air-refresher in the living room instead.

Then the next morning, I was going to take a shower. I push the door, as u can see in the picture attached, the tile has fallen and cut my left arm. I called for the manager. The manager came with the villa butler said apologized and told me to move the another villa. Some guests have already check-out, they got a room available for me and PROMISED that there will be NO CHARGE for my 1st night. And move me and another 2 friends to another villa. So I was separated with another firends cuz she got her little baby and it's difficult to move. The manager promised that my group pay only for 1 night and 1 villa. So we all were agreed with it.

Then the next day I check out, the cashier said my group had to pay 50% for the 1st night as well, which was totally different from whet we had agreed. I called the manager again, she came to me and said that she has NEVER told me that no charge for our 1st night. My friends and I insisted not to pay for our 1st night because V Villa has to take responsibility from what happen. Finally, the manager said ok.

Moreover, the pepper container also fill with rusty. I think I had some of it. Ewww.....Disgusing. They on;y said sorry and hope all guests will be satisfied with their sorry.....

My friends and I'm very disappointed. It's very bad not keeping their promises. I'll not recommend any of my friends, family members or everyone I know to stay here. It's so bad. No moral. I'm Thai, by the way. As Thais, we didn't want anything to be the big issue, I didn't want to sue them. If this case happened to Americans or Europeans, they will definitely sue V Villa. And I hope that it to happen if the villa still not taking more responsibilities and keeping thier promises.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms villa
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Toptop10
VIEHotelVVillas, Resident Manager at V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Toptop10,

Greetings from V Villas Hua Hin!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at V Villas Hua Hin. I am very sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that every effort is being made to address the issues raised.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back here again in the future.

Resident Manager

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

It's a amazing resort the best of the best are the villas with a private pool, amazing rooms with a nice private area with soft sounds of water around you it's so romantic and relaxing. The beach view is cool too. Food is average and the restaurant offering very limited. A good place to just snuggle away with your loved one for two days!!

Stayed May 2014
VIEHotelVVillas, Public Relations Manager at V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear UtsavManjari,

Greetings from V Villas Hua Hin!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of V Villas Hua Hin. Our dedicated team is always delighted to hear that one of our guest’s stay with us has been a memorable one. I will pass on your compliments.

PR Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a wedding group for a wedding held at the hotel, only 2 nights, but I can say that this is one of the best hotel experiences I've had in my life.

Even in Thailand, where all hotel staff are ridiculously nice, this place makes sure to go above and beyond in terms of service and professionalism.

Perhaps we got treated better since we had the whole place rented out for a wedding? But I really don't think so.

The villas are so beautiful, with amazing private pools and luxurious beds- easy to relax forever in either or them. The rooms are really astonishingly modern.

Great beach view and vanishing edge pool

I didn't eat the food, but I did eat all of the chocolate that they brought to our room everyday as a treat!

Really an outstanding hotel. Bravo.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
VIEHotelVVillas, Guest Relations Manager at V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Ted F,

Greetings from V Villas Hua Hin!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the V Villas Hua Hin managed by Accor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

PR Manager
Kuopio, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have to say that it's a big disappointment for the money we've paid for. We stayed at the 3-bedroom villa very close to the road which was very noisy.

Huge bathroom with Jacuzzi downstair, but the water system wasn't working properly so we couldn't even really enjoy using it. Villa is in need of refurbishment or renovation ASAP.

The private pool was an excellent idea, but wooden floor around the pool was a BIG failed. It was very slippery once you've splashed water on it.

Small kitchen area where private butler used for food preparation was old and filthy. One of our butlers came in and broke the glass, but she didn't clean it very well so my friend got cut by pieces of glass when he went to kitchen at night.

Maybe you should reconsider which concept of the hotel you would like it to be. Luxury surely isn't one of them.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank upariya
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear our Valued guest,

Greetings from V Villas Hua Hin!

Thank you for taking the time to comment about V Villas Hua Hin. However, we regret that our facilities did not meet your expectations on that trip.

We are pleased to inform you that during the time since you stayed with us, in July 2013, we have renovated all of the aspects mentioned in your write-up, including protecting our guests who are staying nearest the road from excess sound as it’s the concept and visions of our designer. We have also launched a new phase with a 1-Bedroom Pool Villa which has become a favorite of many first time visitors.

Again, we are sorry to hear about your disappoints at that time and we would definitely look forward to an opportunity to show you our improvements.

Sincerely yours,

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

3 NT stay it's not enough i was there for my business trip and i feel like a VIP
it's like you got your own space wtih small swimming pool and i love they bathroom.. it's was so big !!
and you may love they swimming pool it's also connecting to the beach .. good time ever >.<

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

With this review I would like to thank the management and personell with the exceptional job they do at V Villas. This hotel is exactely what you need if you appreciate quality and are looking for complete relaxation. Staff is superfriendly and service is with a smile. 24/24 personal butler, ipad 2, latest LG tvs, 2xcleaning a day, jacuzzi, private swimming pool, restaurant with beach view, spa, ...
We stayed 4 nights in villa 19 wich is newly built in January 2014 and had a great stay. Altough not so many people were eating at the restaurant the food was really tasty, make sure you also take the breakfast at least twice as it changes every day with new delicacies to discover. Breakfast ranges from croissants to sushi, and even pastas, soups, all kind of eggs, yoghurts etc etc...
The hotel is not the cheapest but if you compare it with the value in return it is best-in-class.
Last, as we were flying out only in the evening we requested if we could stay a bit longer then check-out time which was granted. For us this was the candy on the cake and shows this hotel values customer satisfaction!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family and I stayed in one of the three bedroom villas for 10 days and it was amazing. The best service, great food and all the amenities you could ask for.
The decor is stunning and it is such a tranquil atmosphere you truly feel like you are in paradise. Our butler Mon made our stay especially worth while. The most attentive and lovely lady you could meet. Always available and always a step ahead when meeting our every request. The villas have access to the beach and the views from the restaurant are breathtaking.
We enjoyed an amazing BBQ feast at our own villa which I would highly recommend. All planned to perfection by Mon. I would come again, without a doubt. Thank you to all the lovely people at V Villas that made our stay so special and especilayy to Mon our butler.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mstevenberg
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at V Villas Hua Hin, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,