“Nice family owned hotel”
Review of Baan Pa Ploy

Baan Pa Ploy
Ranked #11 of 288 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Hasselt, Belgium
“Nice family owned hotel”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a nice and good small hotel that is family owned. location is perfect, not too far from the beach and in the aria where the best restaurants in town are located.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatrickJ1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

always stayed at top marks for years when in hua hin but was told about baan pa ploy by a friend it was nice so i thought i would give it a try, best days work i ever did. arrived with my sister being her first trip to thailand, rooms were big enough and really spotless you could eat off the floor it was that clean,clean linen every day,breakfast was basic but nice and it was a nice setting to eat and watch people walking by. staff were very helpfull and always there to let you in late at night,now i would not stop anywere else in fact i am about to book again for me and my family to stay.
mick sweeney. worcestershire england.

Room Tip: book in plenty of time
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank michael s
Karachi
Reviewed 31 March 2011

located in the center of all the action, if you dont mind a little bit of noise in the night.
we took the junior suite, which I would recommend as there is not much price difference in he rooms, but definitely in the size.
walking distance from the beach and all the retaurants and pubs. 100bath to the main shopping mall on taxi.

Friendly staff

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amoKarachi
Perth
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This boutique hotel is right in the centre of Hua Hin and convenient to all restaurants, shopping areas and the beach. We arrived by train from Surat Thani late afternoon (next time would take a sleeper train as there wasn't much to see on the 6 hour journey and on reflection, we agreed that it would be better to save the cost of a night's accommodation and have more time to spend in the town). We paid 100 baht for a taxi but could have walked as the hotel was only a few blocks away. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the foyer is pleasant and there is a small, partly alfresco restaurant facing the street. The restaurant seems to only exist for serving breakfast which was included in our accommodation. You can choose a cooked or continental breakfast, so I started each day with eggs and bacon, a slice of toast, a juice, a small plate of fruit and a cup of coffee. Our room was on the third and top floor, off a spacious foyer. It had a small balcony which came in handy for drying clothes but it was too hot generally to sit outside. There was a small fridge, and the aircon worked really well. I don't think any of the rooms had single beds so my friend and I had to share the king size bed. The bed and linen were sparkling clean and they made the room up every day. The bathroom, shower and hot water were all excellent. My friend lamented the fact that there was no swimming pool but the beach was only five minutes away. Beach towels were available in reception. I would definitely stay here again. The room rate was only 1500 baht per night - so at $50, or $25 each, made for very cheap holiday accommodation. Hua Hin was our favourite Thailand destination [we also stayed at Kata Beach (Boomerang Village), Khao Sok National Park (Elephant Hills), Surat Thani (Tapee Hotel) and Bangkok (Navalia River Resort]. We were sorry to leave after only 3 nights. We soon settled into a routine - breakfast at the hotel, mornings at the beach with a hired umbrella and sunlounge (100 baht each), afternoon tea at the Museum Cafe at the Sofitel Hotel, shopping and massage in the afternoon, shower and change then pina colada, dinner, and market shopping before heading back to the room. Definitely try Jenni's massage. The restaurants on the pier are great for dinner. Top spot!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank debmac1
Thailand
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I called 3-4 days ahead of time and was told there was availability. The website does not list prices, you have to send a web inquiry or call. This was over the Valentines/Chinese New Year weekend when I wanted to visit. I was told the rooms were 1300B a night. My friend and I decided that we would go for something more than just a guesthouse- I liked the pictures and reviews and liked that ABF was included so we booked for 2 nights. I booked the room with a man whose English was not very good and he told me to call the following day to confirm. I did so and spoke to a woman who confirmed my name and reservation.
Upon arrival, I handed in my ID for photocopy and then was told my reservation was for the Superior room--1700B!!! My friend and I were appalled we were not reserved for the 1300B studio room. The woman at the front desk called over the man I booked with over the phone and he said that this is what I booked. I told him, "No, I was told the rooms were 1300B/night." An older man behind the desk who looked to be the owner/boss came over and they all spoke Thai, making my friend and I stand and wait there awkwardly. Finally, I asked if they would give us the Superior room for the 1300B studio price and he quickly said no without even a negotiation or consideration of the price I suggested. There was more awkward standing around, we were not told that the other 1300B rooms were full, I am assuming this because they didn't tell us what the problem was. We left the lobby area in hopes of finding another guesthouse. There was no apology whatsoever from Baan Pa Ploy's end while we were standing around. They also did not offer to help us find another place to stay or offer us their Internet/computer to use to find another guesthouse. I guess they assumed after enough awkward standing around that we would leave.
My friend and I noticed that the other surrounding guesthouses and the immediate neighborhood in general was very seedy with lots of bars. So noise might've been a problem. As we walked around we were recommended to K Place (Guesthouse) by a very friendly tailor.
**With Baan Pa Ploy, I was not told over the phone that there were different room prices. I was only told 1 price and believed, understandably, that when I booked my reservation, I would arrive and pay 1300B/night.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Thailand
Reviewed 3 January 2010

This is an economy-class small hotel with basic facilities but has a few extras like free wi-fi, free use of Internet (only one computer), elevator and safe box in room. Location is right in the middle of the tourist part of town. Breakfast was basic. The rooms, though quite basic, have a kind of character -- they're all white -- bed, walls, floor, furniture, chairs & lights. I do not like the white lighting as it gives a cold rather than warm atmosphere, bu it is in line with their concept.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Very conveniently located small hotel of about 20 rooms with lift. Rooms, spacious, simple but quite adequate. Tv subscription covered all the major chanels. Breakfast is included in room rate. Hotel appears to be family run, and they also operate a transport desk. The going rate around town seems to be 100THB, which we paid to get to the mini-bus departure point(Chomsin Rd & main road out of town). We also paid that to get from the intercity bus station and the hotel. Staff were pleasant and helpful at all times, rooms spotless. Some of the rooms have a small balcony(my husband likes to sit out at night) and even though the back rooms would have no view I think their balconies were superior to those of the front rooms. Free internet in lobby. Great value.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple