“Indifferent owners and staff?”
Review of Baan Pa Ploy

Baan Pa Ploy
Ranked #14 of 303 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have stayed here before and my impressions of the supercilious attitude from staff have not changed ... so I am surprised to read one or two positive reviews on this subject. However, I do know that many tourists bend over backwards to be co-operative and 'nice' to their hosts and will overlook any shortcomings with big, ingratiating and sickly smiles ... so you'll need to judge for yourself!

Yes, the hotel is very good. Yes, rooms are spotless. Yes, breakfast is quite reasonable. I do not think that the hotel is overpriced. So ... what?

For starters, the very clearly given impression that WE are an inconvenience ... and almost resented for actually being there. Don't we know that they are successful, well off, busy with their own affairs ... and therefore being polite and welcoming to their guests is beneath them ... as illustrated by their total disinterestedness and lack of concern for anything that does not concern THEM? Maybe it's just me. But I don't think so. The more astute among you have experienced elsewhere precisely what I mean. Looking down noses is a national obsession.

However, we enjoyed our stay ... Hua Hin is looking very clean, neat and quite 'chic' nowadays!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back quieter so much better ... despite what you might/will be told.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DavidRhodes

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The owner, a lovely woman and her staff were the most accommodating, friendly and helpful people we had met whilst in Thailand. We were able to rent a shooter for the whole 24 hrs for only 200 baht (very very cheap). The bedrooms were clean and beautiful and the bed was comfortable and cosy. Very reasonable price and included breakfast. I am so glad we stayed here, it made our trip to hua hin a special one

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Not sure exactly why, but I got the sense that since my last visit 4 months ago standards have dropped a little at this property. The lobby/check-in area, for instance, is getting decidedly crowded and untidy and frankly this creates a slightly negative impression. The Baan Pa Ploy is not a budget-priced property by any means, so it seems to me not unreasonable to expect an experience that matches the relatively high daily tariff.

The rooms are basically fine - clean and comfortable though they definitely suffer from a lack of power points to allow you to plug a laptop in (other than getting down onto the floor and unplugging the bedside lamp). This could be easily enough remedied, of course.

Breakfast is fresh, decent and tasty and the staff are very pleasant. The location could not be bettered, in my opinion, so I'll (probably) come back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Bring an electrical extension lead and maybe a double adaptor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank brisbanepete001
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My brother recommended this hotel, its got a lift and I stayed on floor 4 my room had a king bed, fridge and tv, good wi fi , decore is minimilist which I like.
The room was changed every day and all the staff from top to bottom werre friendly and helpful, the breakfast list is small but freshly cooked , the hotel is located close to the beach and in the CBD its a small walk to the pier restaurents and there are many places to eat in the surrounding streets.
A nice friendly clean place to stay

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2013

With care and attention, the family-owned boutique-style hotel delivers fine service with a Thai smile! A real find!

In the perfect position nestled in a quiet oasis on the footsteps of the bar district, beach and night market, couldn't be a better location for those wanting to be close to all the action, shopping, beach etc. Best of all it's dead quiet.

Room Tip: I chose high up, non-smoking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank marknorth_1
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 weeks I am not surprised to see all the positive reviews it is a very friendly and helpful family run hotel they always went out of there way to help there Guest from what I seen and for us also, the rooms were very clean and modern ac was very good big comfortable bed bedding was changed every day, the breakfast was very nice and a good variety complementary what ever price u pay and we woke up late and still offered the breakfast which most hotels wouldn't do this they speak very good English so good Communication good location very close to the beach I would recommend this hotel to every one.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Very good hotel. I wondered around for a while trying to find something decent and was glad I came across this hotel. The lady at reception was superb, presented me room 303 (opposite lift on 3rd floor) and before I knew it I agreed to 3 nights. The hotel was clean, rooms excellent, TV channels good, breakfast good (get in early) - Could hear a bit of street traffic however this was to be expected being in the centre of town. Close to beach, shops, banks, bars etc. - All up was an excellent hotel and great value. Will be back! (Hotel staff where tremendous from the owner, to the beauty pageant girl with the best smile, friendly house keeping...good)

Room Tip: went with room on 3rd floor opposite the lift.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo