“Great location, average service”
Review of Fulay Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Fulay Guest House
Ranked #21 of 308 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My friend and I chose this,guest house based on the good reviews here. Fulay also has a great location (near the beach and the city center). We booked a fan room for two nights and I must say it was pretty depressing. I didn't expect much since it was only a fan room. But I at least expected a clean toilet and shower room. The drainage in our room's toilet wasn't good, so the floor got flooded every time we took a shower. I also knew that the room wasn't clean based on the presence of a cockroach.

Food was average. It was something like what I'd get from my school cafeteria in Bangkok, but Fulay's obviously had a touristy price tag to it.

Service was average, perhaps because we're not white. Staff were certainly more charming to Westerners, and stone-faced to fellow Asians like us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mitziec

Reviewed 17 April 2013

It was my second time here at Fulay. The room is good, quiet and fair price. Even it's not close to the beach much but I can see the beautiful beach at the terrace.
Close to the beach, market and nightlife.. The food is good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TewPP
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in a basic twin room with attached bathroom for 550 bhat.

Good location and great communal decking out to the sea.

Room was small and basic. Bathroom was relatively clean. Nice to wake to the sounds of the sea.

One night was fine for us.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2013

The rooms are nice, the boardwalk is fun, especially when you can hear the waves hitting the sand right underneath your feet. Service is meagre, the personnel doesn't seem very interested. Wi-Fi is good.
We hated Hua Hin but staying here and eating good sea food on the next street corner made it bearable, for one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Enthousiast
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Amazing friendly people is how I rate this Hotel. The rooms were not big, but adequate. They were always clean and functional. No xtras here, just TV, shower, tables and chairs on the Balcony for a great view, and people who smiled everytime they asked you if everything was ok, and meant it. Loved this Hotel, and the owner plays Golf as well, so that was a bonus. If I can't get in here on my next trip to Hua Hin, then I will cancel until I can get a room. Food was resonable prices, and very good. Only wish they would do breakfast included, I was having to walk 50 yards to the Coffee shop each morning for Latte and cake, put so much weight on. Great Location, Great people, clean, light and bright, balconies for the late afternoon book reading. Cant say enough good about this place. Only hope I can get a room after this review. Well done Staff at Fulay, you make it all so easy.

Room Tip: They are all good, just leave one for me.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed at Fulay guesthouse for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. The room was a good size, it was clean & even had a flat screen tv. The breakfast's were delicious & very reasonably priced. Being set on top of a pier makes Fulay unique, to hear the sea under your room was lovely & relaxing. You can sit out on the pier & look out to sea with a coffee or a beer which was nice. The staff were all very friendly, helpful & caring too. We will definitely be going back there next year. Thank you Fulay for making our holiday so special. Hannah & Debbie :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HanCox73
Reviewed 7 December 2012

This is a really nice place to stay, it's not the Hilton but I wasn't expecting it to be anyway, the rooms are big enough, clean and they have a big bed and a tv with a hundreds of channels (most are Thai) but I did manage to watch a old episode of emerdale. It's quiet here which is a nice change since we just came from bkk. It's close enough to the night life and night market which is just up the road to walk there. The question is would I stay here again and I have to say yes

• Stayed: December 2012