InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
    Excellent 5/5
      1,340 results
      All reviewsthe club loungeazure barbeach wingpremier roombose sound systempool terracenew wingthai restaurantday bedvana navaclub staffroom upgrademain buildingkids clubdirect access to the beachbeautiful resortf b
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel was as expected - excellent! The only downside was distance from town centre, but has all the facilities one expects at an Intercontinental. Stayed here the first time visiting Hua Hin, but have since found another place to stay at a fraction of the cost. However, if you want luxury in a modern setting, this could be for you.

Room Tip: I thought the main building was better, but that is personal choice.
      • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
      JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Ian H,

Thank you for your short but great review.

Excellence is a word that we are very happy to hear from our guests.We are delighted to know that we have met you expectations and you enjoyed our facilities and services.

I look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Overall Intercontinental Hua Hin is lovely! Thank you for the personalized service especially from Maprang (MP) and Natty. The place is well maintained and with its luxurious swimming pool and white sandy beach nothing can go wrong .... Got invited to their Guest Cocktail session and met Britta Krutz the GM for IC. All compliments except for 1 point to note. Requested for firm pillows however they only have soft ones which is kind of a let down to the overall experience..... But keep it up and look forward to come back again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear PeiYoong L ,

Thank you for posting a positive review on TripAdvisor .

I am very happy to read that you had a great stay at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort and that you enjoyed all our facilities and services.I would also like to thank you for your great comments on our staff and particularly on Natty and Maprang, who felt very recognized.

We also took good note of your suggestion in order to provide firm pillows in our pillow menu and I am glad to inform you that we'll have them available very soon.

I look forward to welcome you back to the Intercontinental Hua Hin resort.

In the meantime if there would be anything else I could assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly at juan.losada@ihg.com.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

... you will forget it is located on a busy road.
      We stayed 9 nights and left only once.
      (OK, I admit we are a bit odd)
      Lovely food in all the restaurants, the Italian is probably slightly lower. Why would you have an Italian restaurant?
      Breakfast certainly rates among the best I have experienced.
      Staff very friendly.
      Lounge small but very very nice!!! Like your private library!
      Room we were in was superb, the others we have seen very nice as well.
      A very nice and clean gym!
      The Spa is lovely, so friendly!!
      Only let down is the beach, which is a bit grubby. Saw a big jellyfish on day one, that was the end of my swimming dreams.
      Nice pool will more than compensate!
      IC Hua Hin comes with my personal recommendation.
      Trust The Steck on this one!
      Coming back for Christmas 2013.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
      1  Thank pjspjs
      JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear The Steck,

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us . Club Intercontinental is an experience that we brought some months ago and it's great to see our guests enjoy it, particularly the Club Lounge and accommodation .

Thank you as well for your comments on breakfast , SPA, Pool area, and the friendliness of the staff, who feel very recognized with your words.

I look forward to welcome you back on Christmas and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should be anything I could assist you with for your upcoming stay.My email address is juan.losada@ihg.com .

Reviewed 16 September 2012

The InterContinental Hua Hin is a nice beachfront property in Hua Hin. It is beautifully landscaped with wide open spaces. The rectangular shape of the land means that guest rooms do not have sea views, which is a great shame, although you cannot fault the lovely pools and trees that run down the middle from the lobby to the beach.

This place is one of the more luxurious hotels in Hua Hin. Room amenities are first class from L'Occitane toiletries to rainwater shower to superior bedding. A nice plus is the Bose DVD player in each room. Bedside buttons control all the lighting and air-conditioning in the room.

The location was okay, beside the main highway, with some shops and restaurants nearby, although most guests take the car into Hua Hin town or elsewhere for sightseeing anyhow. The dining options were respectable, with Italian food at Felicita outstanding and drinks at Azure most charming. The breakfast buffet was passable and not great, with a small area. The spa is very good but not the best out there, while the fitness room was probably among the finest in Hua Hin.

Too bad that the service did not live up to the physical side of the resort - at least not consistently. Sometimes the staff appeared aloof and indifferent, sometimes they were jumpy and nervous and sometimes totally pleasant and cheerful. It was hard to get a handle on the moods. It was also difficult to get their attention when groups are coming in. The hotel seemed understaffed or just too much pressure being placed on the staff. Oftentimes they just did not seem relaxed. On a slow day they were just hovering around you so much that you felt uncomfortable. I was informed that there was frequent change at the resort's management level. Whatever the reason, though, this is a property that requires a few days of stay to enable both the guests and the staff to adjust to each other.

I recommend InterContinental Hua Hin for families with kids (it has a playroom) or elderly guests on weekdays due to the level of service provided. Solo travelers, groups and couples may want to consider other accommodation choices before zeroing in on this resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
      2  Thank Chattan_k
      JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Khun Chattan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations and I personally would like to apologize for it.

It's true , but not an excuse , that the hotel has been very busy , overall during your four day stay which probably was the cause of the mixed out comes that you perceived in terms of service.

I also would like to thank you for your comments on our Italian restaurant , Felicita, the rooms and rest of facilities.

We take your feedback very seriously and we'll definitely looking into it.

I look forward to welcome you back to the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort and I am sure we'll be able to fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

This resort is up to the high standard of all Intercontinental Resorts in Asia.
      Gardens and pools divine! Staff excellent and the whole resort has a very pleasant friendly feel to it.Just a couple of steps down and you hit the beautiful clean sand of Hua Hin beach.
      I stayed in a club room with swim out ! At first glance i felt the room small but realised that with your huge decking with large day bed outside it was perfect. The club area could have been larger but the service was excellent.A very nice cocktail party was put on outside so the catering manager and General manager could chat to us and get our opinion on any changes they could make.As we have stayed in other intercontinental resort clubs they were very interested to try and make theirs the best!
      I had several spa treatments and they felt wonderful and the staff very capable indeed!
      The one thing that won me at this resort besides its gorgeous pool layout was the food. The restaurants were all very good. The Thai restaurant great as you can stand and watch the chef work. Fresh food to perfection. My biggest push if you are planning to try this hotel is to have the buffet breakfast. Amazing! I have never seen such a huge amount of food to choose from and i have stayed in lots of 5 star resorts and hotels. Just as well they have a very nice fitness centre!
      I came this trip with my husband but would not hesitate to return with my children and grand children next time. Nice but small kids club.The main pool is set up well for families to enjoy together.Staff all excellent with children!

Room Tip: Go for the swim out rooms if you want to relax with very few people around!!!
      • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
      1  Thank trishtabak
      JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear trishtabak,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor .

We always strive to exceed guests’ expectation and I am delighted to read that we have been successful in doing so.I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our Club accommodation and facilities and I would also like to thank you for your great comments on the SPA.

Thank you as well , for your kind words on the staff and recognize their genuine Thai hospitality and attentive service.

I It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcome you back to Hua Hin soon.

Warm Regards