“Recommendable Hotel”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 28 October 2012

One week I stayed in this beautiful modern hotel. Unfortunately it was a little out-of-town so it took much time to get to the centre. The rooms to the front of the hotel are very loud because of a very busy road. I was lucky, my room was to the beachside, quiet and had a nice view at the sea. The restaurant could have been nice without the arrogant waiters.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Ayresdela,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the room and the fantastic sea view.I would also like to inform you that the rooms at the front of the hotel are sound proof and have also great views.

I take good note on your comments about your restaurant experience and trust me when I tell you that we'll definitely look into it .

We look forward to welcome you back to the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort .

Muchas gracias, un saludo

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 26 October 2012

all around excellent, highly recommended!
thanks to Juan and is team, we had a wonderful holiday
Special thanks to Bella, Jason and Joe
The pool is large with easy access quiet and plenty of space to chill out on built in sunbeds in the water,

Regards from Hongkong can't wait to go back
Stayed 18-24th Oct 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HCHongkong

Dear HCHongkong,

Thank you for your short but great review.

I am delighted to know that you had a great stay at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words on our staff Bella , Joe, Jason and myself.

Thank you also for your comments in regards to our facilities, particularly the pool.

We also look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Our recent 6 night stay at the Intercontinental was just wonderful. The pool overlooks the ocean with a swim up bar, plenty of sun lounges, and the pool staff can't do enough for you they are wonderful. Little treats of fresh fruit served by the pool was a nice touch. As an Ambassador member we were recognised with a room upgrade and welcome reception. Our large suite was amazing, two balony's with a large day bed to sip cocktails while overlooking the pool. Checkin was very efficient, even though our room wasn't ready we were offered the club lounge to wait, the waiting time took longer than expected so we were offered comp breakfast which by 9.30am we were very appreciative after a 12 hour flight and 2 1/2 hour drive. Overall we had a perfect stay and can't wait to go back. Special mention to the pool boys, Diamond, Juice, Gulf and Jason in the Club Lounge.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahMarty
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear SarahMarty ,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the InterContinental Hua Hin resort.

I am very happy to learn that you had a great stay with us and that all your benefits as an IHG Ambassador member exceed your expectations.

I would personally like to thank you for your comments on your check in experience and appreciate the efforts of our FO team.It 's also great to hear that you enjoyed so much our pool services and facilities.
Please rest assured that your comments on Diamond, Juice and Gulf at the pool and Jason at the Club Lounge will be shared .

I look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel stands out for it's service, the staff are very friendly and well trained. The location is excellent although the hotel looks like it has been squeezed into a small space of sea front land. The spa and gym offer excellent traditional Thai service with a smile. The pool is large with easy access via steps and plenty of space to chill out on built in sunbeds in the water. The other sunbeds are very comfortable and there is shade for those who want it. Free water is available by the pool and if the resort is not too busy free small snacks and drinks are delivered to your sun beds mid afternoon. Overall a very good choice.

Room Tip: The pool access rooms on the right side of the building if facing the sea have sun most of the day w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redladybiker

Dear Redladybiker ,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

It's always a pleasure to learn that our guests had a great stay with us and appreciate the friendly and efficient service delivered by our staff.

I am very happy to know that your expectations were fulfilled. Thank you also for your comments on our facilities and the resort overall.

We look forward to welcome you back to the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Excellent location for biz offsite. Good room for large group and excellent facilities and views for evening dinners. Didn't have time to see much outside but loved the early morning walks on beaches.

• Stayed: October 2012
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear DEcho 5,

Thank you for posting a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the room, facilities and culinary offers.
I just hope on your next visit you can stay a bit longer to enjoy the beautiful and picturesque surroundings of Hua Hin .

I look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed at the Hua Hin resort for 5 days and there some really good points about this hotel but it is let down considerably by many others. Arrival at the resort we were checked in very quickly but our room was not available. As a RA member we didn't get offered a room but sat in the club lounge whilst we waited. It was disappointing that I had sent the hotel our arrival times and we were not able to check into our room. The club lounge however is a great experience and two staff members Jason and Nancy were exceptional throughout our stay. If it were not for them we would of checked out and moved elsewhere. The club lounge staff were very attentive but clearly overworked as they were rushed off their feet and were rarely in the lounge for more than 5 mins at a time as they were constantly off to service other guests with room service. It may have been that we were just very unlucky during our stay but once checked into the room that afternoon the toilet broke when my wife flushed it so we called service to get maintenance. It took three calls and someone came eventually. Fortunately I managed to stop the water overflowing out of the toilet otherwise we would have flooded the room and waiting almost 30 mins would of been a real problem. The next evening there was a full on corporate party on the lawn in the middle of the resort, which the hotel hires out to companies for parties. I did ask if this was going to happen more often and was assured that it was only that evening. The next day at 09.00 am there was another event for bobby brown cosmetics which again took over the main outside area. I understand that hotels have to sell corporate parties but not at the expense of other guests relaxing holiday. We moved down to the beach to get away from the noise but the party then moved down to the beach early afternoon so we then moved down to the lobby area to get away from the noise.

This did really spoil our stay and we would not consider returning as if you book a 5 star hotel you expect the service to reflect this and having stayed at many Intercontinental hotels this just did not meet the usual standards. There were other incidents that happened but the most disappointing thing was at no point did anyone ask how the stay was even at checkout.

Its a shame because more attention to detail would make this a better resort and the food qualiity and spa are all a good standard

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ethixman
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear ethixman,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

I am really sorry to hear we were not able to meet your expectations and I would personally like to apologize for it.

Unfortunately during your stay , in last August, the resort was very busy . Like you , we also noticed some areas that could be improved and we put some actions to ensure that even under full occupancy we would be able to deliver a truly luxury experience . I think we have been successful on it.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on our staff at the InterContinental Club Lounge and overall on Jason and Nancy, who will be property recognized for their efforts.

Please feel free to contact me directly at juan.losada@ihg.com if you are coming back to Hua Hin as I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back and ensure you receive the proper service that you deserve.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Everytime I go to Huahin I always stay at this place. It is very very spectacular design and classy. Service, food, accommodation, facilities, asmosphere everything I can think of is very very great. I just love it!!

Room Tip: Pool terrace
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Tnn516 ,

Thank you for taking the time to post this short but great review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed the food, facilities and Thai hospitality .It's a pleasure to know that we have exceed your expectations and there is not better recognition than having you visiting us again.

I look forward to welcome you back to the InterContinental Hua Hin resort.