“Second Stay - Even better”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #6 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Bangkok, Thailand
“Second Stay - Even better”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My fist stay was in May 2010, and my second stay was in July 2013.
Two years past but the hotel is still in a perfect condition... or in the even better condition. The room is large, clean, beautiful and modern. The swimming pool is large and also clean - I have heard that they clean it every night. The breakfast is also good - all food that I had were perfect cooked.

For me, the reason that made me feel this hotel is so special and out-standing is the friend & efficient hotel staffs. From the breakfast to pool to the beach, all staffs provide an excellent service with smile and they were always in a happy mood - smile to us all the time (smile from their hearts!). They always advised helpful information and never look down at any hotel guest which I found it more than perfect!! Many thanks to all :)

In conclusion, I still found Intercontinental Hotel is the one and only choice for me in Hua Hin.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear GenieAlice,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your second stay with us at Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort.

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your second stay as much as your first stay with us; it is a pleasure to host you during your time in Hua Hin. I’m happy to hear our team exceeded your expectations once again. If I can assist you with anything, please contact me at juan.losada@ihg.com .

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

From the moment we entered the resort we were treated perfectly. This was our last splurge on luxury before returning to study

From the welcome, to our room with a swim up pool, nothing can be faulted!

I loved the club lounge and Asmara who worked their had made our stay beyond memorable.

Will we return? Yes. Our only caution is the restaurants can be pricey for Thailand.

Thanks for a great escape

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MrCraigBD
Dear Blanklook.

Thank you for stay with us at Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort and taking the time to post a review of your stay.

It was a pleasure to have served you and I’m delighted to hear you took advantage of the facilities the resort had to offer as also the Thai genuine service that our staff delivers. I will be sure to tell all of our butlers and Asmara of your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort soon!

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here over the weekend.

First observation - Hua Hin is a favourite weekend getaway for locals, mainly from Bangkok. Unlike other island resorts, I didn't see many farangs walking the streets.

Granted that this is mainly a local getaway, not surprising that the staff at this resort speaks little English. Thus, one has to have some patience when inquiring of any matter as there is a huge probability that they are merely nodding their head out of politeness, and not any indication that they understood what you really want.

A unique feature is to partake in giving of alms in the morning, from 6 to 6:30 am. You MUST clearly inform the frontdesk that you want to present a gift - otherwise your name will not be in the list.

I was bitten by sand flies at the beach - so always a good thing to have some anti-insect stuff ready.

I didn't find the Club facilities very useful - hence our next stay would probably not be a club room. The breakfast at the coffee house is heaps better than the ones at the club.

All in all, a very nice getaway.

And oh, the pony rides at the beach are negotiable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kezsin
Dear Kezsin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort.

I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and I am glad you took the opportunity to be part of the merit making ,a Buddhist ceremony, to which all our guests are invited to be part of. As for the communication with our team, despite we have not received that comment very often, I I would like to assure you we are providing English classes in order to help with the language barrier for our guests, thus next time you come to visit, I hope we will be able to redeem ourselves.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Very nice grounds and rooms at this relatively new hotel with an old-style look and direct access to the beach. The low-rise building has rooms in a long U overlooking a verdant (at least in rainy season) patio area and a nice long pool that stretches to the beach. Very tranquil surroundings with plenty of pleasant areas to sit and while away the afternoon. We only ate breakfast at the hotel -- it was a decent spread and nice if you can snag one of the sunken tables in the garden. We did see some small birds pecking at another table's food when the occupants went back to the buffet, so you may want to make sure at least one person stays behind as birdwatcher.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear laidback84,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort.

It was a pleasure to host you during your stay and I’m pleased you were able to enjoy the restaurant outlets , facilities and service that our resort offers.

Thank you again for choosing InterContinental Hua Hin Resort as your destination in Hua Hin .

We look forward to welcoming you back ,

Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Since our visit to this hotel six months ago (see my previous review '6* Service') the menus in the main restaurants have been upgraded to include dishes which are safe for those with various allergies and intolerances. Dishes are labelled clearly e.g.

Contains Nuts
Gluten-free
Suitable for vegetarian
Sugar-free
Lactose-free.

This information was useful for my wife as it will be for others with allergies/intolerances.

I should add that the overall quality of service and food at the hotel has remained as high as on our previous visit. Also, whenever we wanted to arrange an outing or needed a taxi the concierge made all the arrangements efficiently and with a smile.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Brest
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The location is very nice ie close to the beach, the city center...
The hotel is new and the room are very nice.
The service is perfect and the personel is very kind and efficient.
But the price of breakfast, food and drink is awful and nothing special. It is much better to go outside.

Room Tip: they are all nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank peronma
Dear Peronma,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in TripAdvisor,

I would like to thank you also for choosing Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort for your stay in Hua Hin . I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the hotel’s vicinity as well as the resort facilities, accommodation and the service we provide throughout the resort.

I look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I have just recently returned from hua hin and this resort was amazing, the rooms service food was exceptional, and the buffet breakfast is defiantly the second best we have ever had in Thailand..( only miss hap was we were facing the pool but over grown plants were in our way)beds are (very comfortable)
This resort is located very centrally to the market village and night markets. The taxi service is no more than $220baht any where around hua hin! Two of bartenders at the pool bar are so friendly and made our experience wonderful!
Cannot wait to return

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Aus3112,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

I’m very pleased to hear you had a great stay with us and you were able to take advantage of the restaurant outlets, room amenities and location our property has to offer. If there is anything I can do for you, please contact me directly at juan.losada@ihg.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!