“Truly generous staff made us feel like this was a second home”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I just lost a very lengthy review due to the oversensitivity of the smart phone ( arghh) so I just must at least retype my sincere thanks to the wonderful club staff especially Bella and May whom we happened to spend the most time with. Truly generous people who made us feel like this was our second home. Also wonderful were Sarah and apologies for not remembering all the names. Mr Losada, director of guest services, your team are super!

A comment on the general pool, it is unbelievable, a pool network or family, really, matched only by the sprawling pool at Hyatt Regency Danang. I liked the 1.4m depth, deeper than some but it was so comfortable. The lagoon access from the room felt very exclusive and I disagree with the the comment on regretting non-access to main pool from lagoon by another guest. I am not sure if the private lagoon pool lights go out at a certain time, but my request for them to be left on late into the night so I could do a late swim was acceeded to.

I certainly hope to come back to Interconti Hua Hin! And soon! Thanks to the great staff again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mandarinseasons
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear mandarinseasons,

Thank you very much for posting such a nice review on TripAdvisor,

We are all delighted to read your kind comments and find out that during your stay with us you felt like at home.Thank you for recognizing the great job of the whole staff in general but particularly Bella, May and Sarah , who will be recognized for their attentive , courteous and generous service.

I am also happy to read you enjoyed all facilities , in particular the pool , and rest of services.

It has been a truly pleasure to have you staying with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I love Intercontinental Hua Hin, a very nice resort with great Pool and great beach at Hua Hin. The whole Hotel environment is perfectly maintained and looks amazing beautiful.
Very friendly and helpful staff really making the difference in this Hotel . Spacious and luxury rooms with outside terrace. Very delicious breakfast buffet with various choices. Location of Hotel is near City center and easy to reach. Good Gym, unfortunately with limited opening hours. Hotel has free parking in the basement.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Schadinio

Dear Shadinio,

Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

I am very glad to read you had a "perfect" stay with us. Thank you also for your kind comments in regards to to the charm and efficiency of the staff, without any doubt our biggest asset.We are also very happy to know that you liked very much the location, facilities and culinary services.

It has been a truly pleasure meeting you .

I really look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel has it all with beautiful surroundings and situated on the beach! Initially there was an issue with our Premiere Room not having the requested twin beds and we had to wait 2 nights for this to be changed. My Mother & I were very amused when the Reception staff thought we were a honeymoon couple and found the room filled full of petals and a bottle of bubbly on ice awaiting! The dinning experience was very original with tables sunk into individual enclosures surrounded with water.The swimming pool is a fantastic size with very friendly staff especially Diamond who made us feel very welcome. The breakfast service was very well organised and all staff were very attentive. The chef was very understanding that I was wheat intolerant and was given the most beautiful potato pancakes with syrup and other gluten free delights!
We were very spoilt by all and even had the pleasure of the General Manager, Britta Kutz, assist with making our daily poolside Pina Coladas as she was doing a work swap day - don't know if Britta was able to find anyone to do her job though!
We took a taxi to the night market for 110 baht and then a tuk tuk home for 100 baht. Aslo did this to the Village Market shopping plaza which was a great shopping experience and there was also a local food and clothing market just outside which was a delight and the locals were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is situated within walking distance approx. 10 mins to the Cicada weekend market which was another great experience. We spent 2 weeks at the Intercontinnental and had a brilliant time thanks to all!

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to Premiere room as the location is quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda D

Dear Amanda D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor,

It 's great to read you had such a great stay.I am delighted to see that our staff took excellent care of you during your stay despite of the initial misunderstanding with the room type request.

Every guest has different needs and we do work with a focus in adapting our services to those needs. I am happy to see that our chef took action to ensure your special nutrition needs were taken care of.We are also happy to see how much you liked the accommodation, facilities and location.

Please rest assured I will share your feedback with the team and I am sure that Patrick ( our Executive chef ),Britta ( our GM) and Diamond at the pool will be very happy to read your kind comments.

Hopefully we 'll not have to wait too long to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at this resort for 1 week in 9/13, in an ocean view room. The room, the breakfasts, gym, gym staff and pool were all great. 15 minutes walk to the Village Market Plaza, 25 minutes walk to centre of town. Would recommend it to couples.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Janes M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor,

I am delighted to read you had a great stay at the InterContinetal Hua Hin Resort and enjoy not only the facilities but also the locations and services.
Thank you also for recommending our resort to other guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The drive from Bangkok airport was about 2.5 hrs. Entrance could be easy to miss, so look out for the signs. Parking was convenient and was free during the stay.

Hotel is located near the heart of Hua Hin, 5 mins drive to the closest night market and Market Village (a huge local mall). 12 mins drive to Hua Hin downtown and 20 mins to cha-am. Tourist spots are not always accurate on Google maps so take extra caution and confirm the location.

Reception acknowledged my elite status and brought me over to club lounge for check-in. Was served nice cold drink. Club lounge was nice and quiet environment, because it was empty every time I checked. Afternoon tea and breakfast are served there but choices are limited.

Was checked into a lagoon access (note: lagoon, not pool) room since the lagoon is not connected to the main pool, would have been much nicer if it did. But the sun bed on the spacious balcony with privacy/sun screen was a nice touch. Would be better if they gave more space to the room itself than the balcony, while the balcony was extremely spacious, the room was not. Bose systems accompanied the media station. My complain would be the lack of electric outlets and the lack of an actual work desk.

Rain shower was powerful, lack of dual basins for couples, tub was broken on first day but quickly fixed. Toilet has a weird scent throughout the stay. Weird incident, one night at 8pm with my DND light on, a "supervisor" knocked on my door and wanted to check the bathroom. I hesitated but he was persistent, he looked around the shower, tub and towels. Still have no idea what that was about.

Decent sized pool with cabanas and an extended jacuzzi pool near the fireplace, next to the beach. Beautiful view for sunrise and sunset. They clean the insects off the corridors in the morning at around 7am, so be careful if you tend to go out before that time.

Choices of buffet breakfast was average but egg station was good. Also had a noodle station on the first day (which was great) but sadly was gone afterwards.

Room Tip: If you're a pool access fan, you'll like the lagoon access rooms, or else any other rooms wi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcwai
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear mcwai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I am happy to see that overall you had a great holiday at our Resort. I am also delighted to read that you have been recognized on arrival as a loyal guest.One of our strongest commitments in IHG is to ensure our IHG Rewards and Ambassador members get the recognition and the benefits they deserve.Thank you for your loyalty.

Thank you also for your kind comments on our facilities and the service in general.

I also take very good note of comment son your recommendations which I will take forward in order to study and implement if possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

As a visitor to Hua Hin for longer than I care to mention (over 30 years), I have stayed in almost all of the large chain hotels, as well as many boutique resorts. Without a doubt the Intercontinental is my preference these days.

The service is top-notch, and the property (being less than 5 years old) still has a 'new' feel to it and is well laid out. The large swimming pool area has plenty of space and lounging areas - and at night is lit very attractively. Between the pool and the beach (incidently this section of beach is by far the best in Hua Hin) there is a firepit area to relax around after dark. The choice for breakfast was huge - something for everyone for sure.

The rooms are of a good size, with lovely decor and well laid out with all amenities one would expect in a hotel of this caliber. There is a large outdoor balcony with day bed - very comfortable for enjoying the sea breeze later in the day. Whilst the rooms are close to a road, the sound insulation is excellent and there was no noticeable noise from that direction at all. Also, the blackout curtains were fantastic - not a speck of light coming through to wake you up in the morning.

In all, we were taken care of very well. The staff were all courteous and efficient and made sure that our stay was as comfortable as possible. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1North

Dear 1North,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our resort here on TripAdvisor.

Being you a regular visitor to Hua Hin for thirty years makes us feel even more recognized.I truly appreciate your comments and I am delighted to know that you had such a great stay.

It's great to know you enjoyed the different facilities and services that the resort offers. All our rooms have a day bed in the balcony and we are very happy to see how much our guests like them.Breakfast is another area where guests show their appreciation very often , therefore I am very happy to read in your review that you mention both of them.

I look forward to welcoming soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

After the long meeting, this is the wonderful place to relax and chill out both inside your own room or the poolside. We've been there with family and friends. Sitting outside and enjoy cocktails, chit chat, listening the music from DJ, it was a great moment!! We did enjoy the happy hour before go back to the room. The interior in the room is wonderful, especially the bathtub in the middle.
What you can't miss is to walking along the beach which is the most beautiful part in Hua Hin.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KNBThailand

Dear KNBThailand,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor,

I am very happy to read that all your expectations , as a business person and as a pleasure traveler ,were both met.All guests have different needs and we are delighted to read that not only you had a great meeting but also a fantastic time with friends and family.

Thank you kindly for your comments in regards to the facilities and service in general, they are very much appreciated.

We all look forward to welcome you back,