“Hua Hin InterContinental Resort, Thailand”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Comfortable boutique resort located on the shore of Thai golf. Comfortable clean guest rooms
matching best with international standards. Outstanding skills and friendliness of all staff members and in particular Club InterContinental. Under guidance of experiences chefs and
sommiliers superb breakfast lunch and dinner offerings at Azure Felicita and Pirom Restaurants
both Asian as well as European meals. Mexican Fiestas, beach BBQs Asian/European night buffets, seafood dinner parties topped by selection of best French, Australian, New Zealand, Chile wines and champagne.
Elegant spa and Fitness facilities including awarded podiatristic seervices with utimate manicure Pedicure and Thai Body massages.

Room Tip: Club Premiere Pool Terrace
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Herbert B
Mgmt_ICHH, Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Herbert B,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort on TripAdvisor. It is very much appreciated.

We are thrilled that your stay with us left you with such nice memory of our resort. It was a truly honor and pleasure to have you staying with us. We will certainly share your kind message to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again next year and every year.

The Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in a deluxe suite in the main building. There are three buildings that make up the hotel. The main building by the road and two wings. It is a low rise building consisting of around 4 levels.

The deluxe suite is magnificent. Yes, to get to the rooms in the main building, you look out to the road and undeveloped land behind the hotel, but the walkways are encased in glass and air conditioned and once you get into the rooms, you don't really care about this.

The room itself had a sofa area, a large bathtub and walk in shower, a massive king bed, work desk and on the balcony, a daybed for two and a spa. The rooms were constantly well cleaned and the furnishings were as new.

The pool though, wow. One of the best resort pools around. There is a wading pool, spa, large swimming pool with a swim up bar. We had no trouble getting cabanas or daybeds at any time. The bar staff at the pool were friendly and happy to help with everything. Most importantly, free bottled water is provided by the pool. Happy hour from 5-7!

On food, the club lounge was unfortunately being renovated so we weren't able to use that breakfast venue. This left only the combined buffet that is served from the thai and italian restaurants on site. The asian hot foods each day were changed (different curries etc). There was an egg station and also a soup noodle station (on the Sunday). Unlike some reviewers, I found there was a lot of variety, from yoghurts, fruits, fruit juices (the special juice changed each day), eggs, curries, rice, congee, a bakery and even one dessert each day. The only suggestion is that I would not ask the egg chefs to make anything but omelettes and sunny side up. Totally botched poached eggs.

I would happily stay there again. It is a bit far (5 min tuk tuk) from the main Hua Hin centre and the night markets, but if you are wanting to go to a resort to relax by the pool, this is the place.

Room Tip: Pool terrace rooms are popular, but they can get shady so you may not want to use the "private...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drif99
Mgmt_ICHH, Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear drif99,

Thank you for visiting us and writing about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the pool, as well as the rooms and restaurants. I apologize for the poached egg mishap. I will pass your comment onto our Executive Chef so we can make the needed improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I spent some time searching for the right hotel for us to spend five days of our Thai holiday, and all my research paid off. What a beautiful hotel. On checking in, with the hotel almost full, I was told that we had been allocated a twin room. This was not what I had booked via an agent, where I had reserved a double room. The hotel staff were clearly genuinely concerned that this error had been made (although I must say I do not think it was an error on their part). We were soon shown to a twin room, which had two full size double beds in, and spent two nights there before moving to the double room I had wanted. Both rooms were superb premier rooms, with fans in the room and on the balcony, and air conditioning. The balconies had huge day beds where you could relax overlooking the pool/gardens.

Food was lovely, and I cannot disagree more with a previous reviewer who seemed to complain about most things! The choice for breakfast was enormous, and having tried most of the cooked breakfast items over the few days I have been here, I feel that I am entitled to say that! The hotel clearly tries to please all tastes as there was such variety.

With regards to the swimming pool, I have absolutely no complaints. Such a variety of areas to sit or lie, which takes away that feeling of being on top of one another. Children were well catered for with a number of smaller pools ideally suited for the younger child. Likewise there were options for lying by the pool or on the beach!

With a hugely diverse clientele the hotel staff ensured that everyone's needs were met. We were fortunate enough to be able to attend the hotels "welcome" drink. These can be rather formulaic affairs, but in this hotel it was not the case as members of the management team mingled with guests, their conversation seemed both genuine and friendly. Amongst the people who spoke with us were the chef, the food and beverages manager and a finance manager.

I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel, and despite the world being full of great destinations and hotels, I have a feeling we may well return here.

Well done to the Intercon Hua Hin and thanks for a great stay.

With regards

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank henrythenavigator

Dear henrythenavigator,

Thank you very much for writing about your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants. I apologize for the room type mix-up when you arrived. I am glad to hear that we were able to solve the problem quickly for you.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay, first time three years ago. My first impression 3 years ago was mixed. This time round was also mixed, though positive on balance. I think my biggest thing that I cant get past is how close the guest rooms are to the main road. Both times we stayed in the biggest building where the lobby is, so when you are in the corridor going into your room you are overlooking the main road basically. To me, that just doesnt quite tick the box for relaxing gettaway by the beach. I guess the lesson is to pick the rooms on the side further in the property, though I cant comment what they are like. Once in the room, it was very spacious and comfortable. The main redeeming point for this hotel was its food and service. Both visits we enjoyed dinner at their Italian, and the buffet breakfast had some very nice breads. The pool and beach are as other reviews have said. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay, but still marred by the close proximity to the noisy road and traffic.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank BangkokDoc

Dear BangkokDoc,

Thank you for staying with us again and thank you for sharing the details of your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurants. I will pass your comments on to our food and beverage staff. Regarding the room location, we do offer rooms closer to the pool and beach, so for you next visit please let us know and we will be more than happy to find the perfect room for you.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We are so disappointed staying in your Intercontinental HuaHin, We booked for 5 nights through Booking.com as usual. When we check-in the registration staff want to charge all full amount but we told them we never stay here in This Intercontinental if we do not like the service we could check out earlier. The staff said NO problem she just ask the credit card for reference and no charge yet.

After we stay one night we found out that the hotel has no design for family with kids at all. Only 1 swimming pool and a few very small pools. My son can not play any badminton anywhere even around the grass area! The security guard will chased you away.

Breakfast is only with small counter and a little cheese. We would like to get a piece of Brie instead of 5 very small cut of Brie (Really Really small - believe me!) We ask from the chef, he make face like we bother his time and said there are all Brie in the plate. We ask as some 5 small pieces will not be enough for all 3 of us. He still make the same face and try to dig out the Brie of the plate and give my husband 2 pieces - we still ask if we get more. He make face and run away!!!! Never ever in my life see any chef like this..... We stay around the world in Hyatt, Hilton, Centara, Marriot and even we all the time book for our guest in Bangkok The Intercontinental. We never EVER get so a poor performance of service. So, we check out on that morning.

The Bad experience start when we told the reception we want to check-out!!!! The Director of customer services show up and told us we can check-out BUT WE NEED TO PAY PENALTY FOR 3 NIGHTS BECAUSE BOOKING.COM CHARGE THE HOTEL!!! We told them we usually use Booking.com we knows policy. Booking.com charge only when we don't show-up for 1 night. AND on our confirmation paper said Booking.com will charge 1 night when we don't show up only – nowhere standing anything 3 nights and the rest up to the property.

If your Intercontinental has this kind of policy, why don't the staff inform us when we check-in or just wait to cheat the guest???? OR why don’t the director just said the hotel want to charge itself not put BOOKING.com in front!!! Why you have to put Booking.com in front for cheating the guest.

The real bad thing is the Director of customer services start to do real shout at us with very very angry voice - when we ask him to show any kind of paperwork anywhere that whenever the guests don’t appreciated with your service and want to check out that we should pay penalty for 3 nights. He can't show any paperwork only keep shouting. I by myself walk and open the door from registration area so others guests which still have breakfast will be our good witness. They hear everything and they all ask what has happened after we walk pass them. The Director still not finish he keep shouting and say he will charge full amount. We said only when he shows the paperwork but he can not he just said ok – he let us check out with one night we stayed so we told the staff that they hear this – so prepare the bill we will check out in 10 min. Then your Director start again to shout that he want to charge FULL amount. What is this? Do he think he is a god ? He can say whatever he want? Charge whatever he need?

We would like to see and get experience like when we stay in others Intercontinental even in Jakarta still a lot better. All the staffs which serve us are all not so bad, they have service mind but with your Chef and Director of Customers Services - We do not think that they are belong to your Intercontinental Brand. You spend a lot of money on Building Brand but please spend some money on Mid Level Manager Training too.

Bottom line
Both the Director and the chef have NON service mind.
Both not willing to solve the guests problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank beyoursunshine
Mgmt_ICHH, Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear beyoursunshine,

Thank you for taking the time to post your view about your recent stay at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

I was very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the facilities and services at the resort.

It is correct that in order to avoid noise disturbance for our guests ballgames are not permitted on the central lawn of the resort because it is next to the guest rooms. An alternative for our guests with children can be to utilise our Planet Trekkers Kids Club or enjoy ball games on the beach. Also many families enjoy the shallow part our pool to play with their children.

Being a boutique luxury resort in fact our buffet counters are rather small and we rely on speedy refill with fresh food rather then large food offerings that remain on the buffet for many hours. As a consequence and as you can see from other reviews here on trip advisor the variety and freshness of our breakfast buffet is being praised by many guests.

Please let me assure you that our Chef did not want to upset you in anyway, there must have been a misunderstanding as his intention when he walked away was to get you another plate of Brie Cheese. I am sorry that we have not communicated this clearer.

In regards to the early departure fee I am sure you have acknowledged the terms and conditions when you made the booking with the Online Travel Agency and will therefore understand that our staff has simply adhered to this reservation contract and we strongly refrain from your accusation of cheat.

In regards to our Director of Guest Services, you probably will have seen the many great comments about him here on tripadvisor and while I have not personally witnessed the situation, I would like to comment that your description varies a lot from other guest’s feedback. I would also like to mention that I have received feedback from some guests who have actually witnessed this situation. They commented to me how they were impressed with our staff's reaction on the quite aggressive and insulting manner in that they have been approached.

However should our staff's behavior have offended you in any way, we certainly do apologize.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Good hotel with excellent service
Breakfast with good view beach and skyline
Breakfast and dinner buffet food style is not much choice, but fruit juice is very good

Bed is very comfort, room is clean, but toilet has a bad smell.

Location is good, night is quiet and not far to downtown

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fat1212
JuanMLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Fat1212,

Thank you kindly for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our resort.

We are very happy to know you had a great stay with us .Please rest assured we'll congratulate our staff for delivering the excellent service you have received.I will also pass your kind comments and suggestions to our Food and Beverage department.

Hopefully we 'll not have to wait for too long to have the pleasure to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

Juan Losada
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is truly amazing,this was my last stop before heading home, I had hurt my leg and the staff where so kind always offering to help and also had great tips of how much a Tuk Tuk would cost at all the sites you go to. Nothing is to much trouble. Plus free snacks by the pool where such a treat. Truly the best place to relax

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Leighhelen

Dear Leighhelen,

Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

I am delighted to read that you had an "amazing" stay with . Thank you also for recognizing the caring and attentive attitude of our staff, I am sure they will be very happy to read your kind comments.

We all look forward to welcome you back .

Best Regards