1,510 results
All reviewsthe club loungeazure barl'occitane toiletriesbeach wingclub managerpremier roombose sound systempool terracenew wingthai restaurantday bedvana navaroom upgrademain buildingbeautiful resortkids clublarge balcony
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This Intercontinental Resort is in a prime location on the beach south of the Hua Hin city center. It has everything one would expect from a resort of this caliber and luxury level, including a choice of excellent restaurants, a huge pool landscape, direct access to the beach and large guest rooms with different luxury levels. But the property lives from the staff - they have truly embraced Thai hospitality and share it with the guests. Friendly, smiling, always supportive and helpful in a very natural way! The Priority Club Membership was well recognized and we received a complementary double upgrade to a suite room - spacious and luxurious with a wonderful balcony/terrace. If you are looking for a few days of escape from the hassle of Bangkok or simply want to pamper yourself - this is the place to go!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hbdutytravel
Mgmt_ICHH, Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear HBDutyTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, particular regarding our staff's genuine and caring attitude. It was great to have you stay with us. We are happy to learn you had a wonderful time in our resort. Your feedback will be definitely shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you on your return. You may be interested to book on our own website for the best prices, guaranteed.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Comfortable boutique resort located on the shore of Thai golf. Comfortable clean guest rooms
matching best with international standards. Outstanding skills and friendliness of all staff members and in particular Club InterContinental. Under guidance of experiences chefs and
sommiliers superb breakfast lunch and dinner offerings at Azure Felicita and Pirom Restaurants
both Asian as well as European meals. Mexican Fiestas, beach BBQs Asian/European night buffets, seafood dinner parties topped by selection of best French, Australian, New Zealand, Chile wines and champagne.
Elegant spa and Fitness facilities including awarded podiatristic seervices with utimate manicure Pedicure and Thai Body massages.

Room Tip: Club Premiere Pool Terrace
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Herbert B
Mgmt_ICHH, Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Herbert B,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort on TripAdvisor. It is very much appreciated.

We are thrilled that your stay with us left you with such nice memory of our resort. It was a truly honor and pleasure to have you staying with us. We will certainly share your kind message to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again next year and every year.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in a deluxe suite in the main building. There are three buildings that make up the hotel. The main building by the road and two wings. It is a low rise building consisting of around 4 levels.

The deluxe suite is magnificent. Yes, to get to the rooms in the main building, you look out to the road and undeveloped land behind the hotel, but the walkways are encased in glass and air conditioned and once you get into the rooms, you don't really care about this.

The room itself had a sofa area, a large bathtub and walk in shower, a massive king bed, work desk and on the balcony, a daybed for two and a spa. The rooms were constantly well cleaned and the furnishings were as new.

The pool though, wow. One of the best resort pools around. There is a wading pool, spa, large swimming pool with a swim up bar. We had no trouble getting cabanas or daybeds at any time. The bar staff at the pool were friendly and happy to help with everything. Most importantly, free bottled water is provided by the pool. Happy hour from 5-7!

On food, the club lounge was unfortunately being renovated so we weren't able to use that breakfast venue. This left only the combined buffet that is served from the thai and italian restaurants on site. The asian hot foods each day were changed (different curries etc). There was an egg station and also a soup noodle station (on the Sunday). Unlike some reviewers, I found there was a lot of variety, from yoghurts, fruits, fruit juices (the special juice changed each day), eggs, curries, rice, congee, a bakery and even one dessert each day. The only suggestion is that I would not ask the egg chefs to make anything but omelettes and sunny side up. Totally botched poached eggs.

I would happily stay there again. It is a bit far (5 min tuk tuk) from the main Hua Hin centre and the night markets, but if you are wanting to go to a resort to relax by the pool, this is the place.

Room Tip: Pool terrace rooms are popular, but they can get shady so you may not want to use the "private pools" much.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drif99
Mgmt_ICHH, Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear drif99,

Thank you for visiting us and writing about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the pool, as well as the rooms and restaurants. I apologize for the poached egg mishap. I will pass your comment onto our Executive Chef so we can make the needed improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I spent some time searching for the right hotel for us to spend five days of our Thai holiday, and all my research paid off. What a beautiful hotel. On checking in, with the hotel almost full, I was told that we had been allocated a twin room. This was not what I had booked via an agent, where I had reserved a double room. The hotel staff were clearly genuinely concerned that this error had been made (although I must say I do not think it was an error on their part). We were soon shown to a twin room, which had two full size double beds in, and spent two nights there before moving to the double room I had wanted. Both rooms were superb premier rooms, with fans in the room and on the balcony, and air conditioning. The balconies had huge day beds where you could relax overlooking the pool/gardens.

Food was lovely, and I cannot disagree more with a previous reviewer who seemed to complain about most things! The choice for breakfast was enormous, and having tried most of the cooked breakfast items over the few days I have been here, I feel that I am entitled to say that! The hotel clearly tries to please all tastes as there was such variety.

With regards to the swimming pool, I have absolutely no complaints. Such a variety of areas to sit or lie, which takes away that feeling of being on top of one another. Children were well catered for with a number of smaller pools ideally suited for the younger child. Likewise there were options for lying by the pool or on the beach!

With a hugely diverse clientele the hotel staff ensured that everyone's needs were met. We were fortunate enough to be able to attend the hotels "welcome" drink. These can be rather formulaic affairs, but in this hotel it was not the case as members of the management team mingled with guests, their conversation seemed both genuine and friendly. Amongst the people who spoke with us were the chef, the food and beverages manager and a finance manager.

I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel, and despite the world being full of great destinations and hotels, I have a feeling we may well return here.

Well done to the Intercon Hua Hin and thanks for a great stay.

With regards

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank henrythenavigator

Dear henrythenavigator,

Thank you very much for writing about your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants. I apologize for the room type mix-up when you arrived. I am glad to hear that we were able to solve the problem quickly for you.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay, first time three years ago. My first impression 3 years ago was mixed. This time round was also mixed, though positive on balance. I think my biggest thing that I cant get past is how close the guest rooms are to the main road. Both times we stayed in the biggest building where the lobby is, so when you are in the corridor going into your room you are overlooking the main road basically. To me, that just doesnt quite tick the box for relaxing gettaway by the beach. I guess the lesson is to pick the rooms on the side further in the property, though I cant comment what they are like. Once in the room, it was very spacious and comfortable. The main redeeming point for this hotel was its food and service. Both visits we enjoyed dinner at their Italian, and the buffet breakfast had some very nice breads. The pool and beach are as other reviews have said. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay, but still marred by the close proximity to the noisy road and traffic.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank BangkokDoc

Dear BangkokDoc,

Thank you for staying with us again and thank you for sharing the details of your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurants. I will pass your comments on to our food and beverage staff. Regarding the room location, we do offer rooms closer to the pool and beach, so for you next visit please let us know and we will be more than happy to find the perfect room for you.

We look forward to your next visit.