“Perfect luxury escape with spectacular amenities and wonderful Services”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 3 May 2014

InterContinental Hua Hin is one of the most beautiful resort I have ever stayed in. Even Hua Hin has so many luxury hotels but I never regret about my choice to stay here several times. Pleasant staffs excellent at ensuring we have a perfect stay. The restaurants served excellent food for breakfast and brunch where I can enjoy sweeping beach view. My favorite places should be a beautiful swimming pool, a spectacular Thai inspired guestroom, and an innovative fitness.

Room Tip: A garden room then you can enjoy your coziest balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mayny_13
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear mayny_13,

Thank you for your 5 star review and calling us the "perfect luxury escape"!

The team and I are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the service offered by my colleagues and our culinary offerings like breakfast and brunch! The swimming pool is one of our prime spots and we hope to welcome you back to Hua Hin many times more for you to enjoy the perfect escape!

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort!

Warm regards,

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Right from the arrival to the check in into the room-it was such smooth sailing. Great orientation of the room and its facilities which helps as there's lots to do. All the facilities and products were top notch but what bowled us over was the genuine hospitality of all the staff of the hotel. They are just thoughtful and make you feel so at home.
There are so many places around the hotel where one can unwind. Service is great with a perfect balance of them being discreet and leaving you on your own to enjoy the privacy. Also love the mosquito repellents they offer whilst enjoying a drink outside the club lounge area. I'm an avid traveller and with great confidence can say its one of the best resorts I've been to and can't wait to be back.

Room Tip: Pool deluxe rooms are the best with the lovely terrace to sit in.Beautiful pool to swim in....not to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deepanjali S
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Deepanjali S,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor and the 5 Star Rating!

I will happily share your feedback "Heaven on Earth" with the team, they are proud of their work and it will further motivate them to excel everyday!

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future for another relaxing stay at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort!

Warm regards from sunny Hua Hin,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

After a very long flight and a long road journey this was the most perfect place you could wish for.
Check in was really good smooth and friendly, escorted to the room by a delightful person really made a fuss of our daughter. Room was a nice size but not huge, bed was so comfortable.
The views were of the pool and the sea and really nice. The staff throughout the Hotel were so friendly and not just trained friendly genuinely friendly.Swimming pool just perfect, access directly to the beach. The only problem on the miles of beach are the horses and the stray dogs but this can not be managed by the hotel.
Check out was just as good as check in but a little disappointing to be leaving it was that nice there. Hotel booked us a Taxi and the driver and the car even thought they were contract they upheld the high standards of the hotel. All in all a lovely place.
The distance from the town is a small draw back but not far enough to be put off, a regular Tuk Tuk back and forth the market area would make life a little easier.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dlhdon
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear dlhdon,

Thank you for your "Just Beautiful" review and your 5 Star rating!

We are happy to read that you and your family had a relaxing stay at our resort - especially your feedback on the genuine friendliness of our staff is well appreciated and will be shared with them!

The team and I look forward to welcome you back to Hua Hin in the near future!

Kind regards from Thailand,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I spent the weekend at the Intercontinental Hua Hin with my friends and had a great time. The room was immaculate with the coziest beds that gave us a great night's sleep. On Saturday, there was a live jazz band that you can enjoy from evening to nighttime near the pool, so you can enjoy some drinks and relax with the sea view. I also had a chance to try the Sunday brunch, with a variety of food like sushi, burgers, grilled seafood, and yummy desserts like freshly made crepes and gelato. To top it off, the brunch came with a complementary Moet Chandon Rose. The staff were very courteous and attentive, making me feel very welcome. Even though I've only spent the weekend there, I'm well-rested and ready for the week ahead! Will definitely go again.

Room Tip: Try the pool access room, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle M
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Michelle M,

Thank you for your 5 Star rating and taking the time to thoroughly review your stay at our resort!

As a resort, our highest aim is to offer our cherished guests a relaxing stay with outstanding service, facilities and of course the matching culinary experiences! We are delighted that you and your friends had a joyful weekend with us and that we were able to give you enough energy for the week ahead.

Thank you also for mentioning our 'Chill & Grill Chandon Brunch' at Azure - we are very proud of our brunch concept by the sea and are certain it is quite difficult, to find a better way to spend your Sunday afternoon.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back to the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was only able to stay one night at this resort due to a completely full hotel my second night. However just that one night was enough to know the quality of the resort.

The staff all around was excellent, attentive but not intrusive and very friendly as well. The room was beautiful, dark, silent and a very comfortable bed. The toilet door swung in which made it feel like getting in and out of an air plane lavatory, small issue.

The breakfast was a good average hotel buffet, extensive selection and well prepared, nothing special though.

The real gem of this hotel, in my opinion, is the pool area, multiple pools and areas. Not only are there many pools, including some direct room access private pools, they offer a great variety of depths and experiences. There is the large main pool with multiple water surrounded cabanas and a swim up bar, and then another pool area with submerged lounge chairs and an island of chaise lounges. The multiple depths I mentioned was really enjoyed by my young daughter who was able to run and splash all over to her hearts content.

The pool bar is great, well stocked and maintained with a full selection of drinks and food, and free flow of bottled water.

We stayed into the late afternoon at the pool and were able to use the nice well stocked fitness center locker rooms to shower and change before heading back to Bangkok.

The hotel is right on the main road which is a bit disconcerting as some hotel room doors overlook the entrance. But I think this is the reality of Hua Hin real estate and the design doesn't make you feel like you are unsafe or in a motel.

Overall I would recommend this to anyone for any kind of experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jasher0
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Jasher0,

Thank you very much for your 5 Star review on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and thoroughly enjoyed our recreation facilities - especially your young daughter! Your comments about our staff makes us proud as they are the soul of our resort!

As always we will share your feedback with the team and hope to welcome you back soon to the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We arrived at Intercontinental on April 17th, 2014. Our room was not ready when we arrived, however, the check-in staff politely apologized and offered to upgrade our room to pool-access. Obviously, we were very impressed with the upgrade. The staff, the, directed us to the lounge while our room was being prepared. About 20 mins later the staff said our room was ready. She walked us to our room and showed us around room facilities. Our room was perfect. It was beautifully decorated, and has huge comfy bed, large tub, direct access to pool at the balcony as well as Bose speakers. After a while, we decided to walk around the hotel. The building, the main pool and the garden are lovely and well-maintained. The next morning, while we were having breakfast, Mr.Sebastien Michea, Director of Food and Beverage came to greet us, apologized for the delay in delivering our room and offered us complimentary dinner at their Azure restaurant. Honestly, we were not expecting this. This hotel has "far surpassed our expectation". Azure restaurant was amazing. Everything was fresh and tasty. This hotel is truly 5 stars, both in terms of guest service and accommodation. We are definitely going back and will recommend this hotel to our friends ! (Ms.Chanutkorn Wiwatsawatdinont, stayed on 17/04/14)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ZoomSW
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Khun Chanutkorn,

Thank you for your 5 Star review on TripAdvisor and your great comments about your recent stay in Hua Hin!

I am more than happy that you found our service exceptional and that you fully enjoyed every aspect of the accommodation. Furthermore I am glad that we were able to recover the delay of check-in with the help of our Director of Food & Beverage Sebastien.

It is wonderful to read that we by far surpassed your expectations and we truly hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I am a RA with IHG group so I have stayed in many of their hotels in many countries; this is one of the finest.

The staff here are extremely attentive, address you by name in the club lounge and were more than happy to help me with my Thai homework!
We had a suite in the main building which was extremely clean and well maintained.
We mainly ate out as we're foodies and try to stick to real thai food. The staff helped us to find real local food and were amused at my instruction of 'no farang!'... The restaurant they gave us were faultless! Try out 'Kai Yaang', 'Yok Krok', 'Boppen?' (Seafood literally on the beach about a 15 minute drive out past monkey mountain), 'Tamarind' and 'Kuytiaw Rua' for lunch noodle.
All very authentic, full of locals and plenty chilli!
We also enjoyed canapés in the lounge each day - delicious.

We also enjoyed the hotel's SongKran celebrations with a fab water fight in the gardens. The hotel laid on water guns and buckets a plenty!
But the actual boys and girls in the real ceremony to begin with were wonderful.

A couple of suggestions to management if I may:

1. WIFI - as I was travelling on holiday it was just a mild irritation but if I'd been on business it would've been a problem. Very slow and frequently disappears

2. FUMIGATION - please get a quieter machine!

Special thanks to (in alphabetical order)...

Khun Bella
Khun Kae
Khun May
Khun Motindia (BeBe)
Khun Phet (Diamond)

They were all superb and helped make the stay a real 'Intercon' experience.

We will be back.

Stayed: April 2014
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear OnAnotherFlight,

Thank you for your detailed review of our resort and honouring us as one of the finest hotels!

I am happy to read that you found our staff extremely attentive and that you enjoyed the privileges of being a loyal Royal Ambassador! I will gladly share your feedback with our Club Lounge, Housekeeping and Concierge Team - great to hear that we were able, to share with you some 'in the know' places in beautiful Hua Hin.

Excellent timing that you were able to stay over the Songkran Festivities - indeed we had lots of fun, splashing water and having a traditional ceremony!

Thank you also for your feedback on the internet connection and the fumigation. Your helpful comments will be discussed with our IT Manager and Director of Engineering. Your suggestions are well appreciated!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future and we look forward to welcome you back to our resort.

Kind regards from Hua Hin,