“Good seafood on a seafront pier”
Review of Chao Lay

Chao Lay
Ranked #206 of 669 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We ate at Chao Lay on a recommendation, and weren't disappointed. It's a large restaurant situated along a huge pier extending out into the sea, with good nighttime views. Service was good if a little chaotic. Some of the food (deep fried sea bass) was excellent, but some other deep fried dishes were quite heavy. Worth a go if in the area, though. Note the tables are huge, and sitting across from eachother we felt too far away to even talk, so sit side-by-side!

1  Thank BA_83838

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Whenever I visit Hua Hin I make it a point to dine in one of the seaside decks overlooking the Gulf of Thailand. While this place was highly rated I found it no different from others I visited earlier.

In fact the others have easier access for disabled or elderly customers. So for the average food on offer and indifferent service it's not worth a visit.

1  Thank RocketCaptain
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Came to this restaurant twice on my visit to Hua Hin. The first time was just to have a cold beer and enjoy the view. The second time was to have dinner and neither time was i disappointed.
I found the food to be very good, reasonably priced and well presented. The staff were attentive and this place gets very busy as the evening goes on.
they have free wi-fi and it its a nice place to spend a late afternoon enjoying the view or for a dinner later on.

2  Thank seancar29
Reviewed 18 April 2014

What can I say we got no food as we watched group after group come and go.
While we were sitting there asking very nicely where is our order. After an hour I gave up and left.
I did only pay for half of my extremely over priced drinks. That was not there choose I just handed them the money and walked out.
Never again will I go anywhere near the place to be so ignored. We are going to try Sang Thai Seafood tonight here's hoping. Will review after.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have had lunch heer many times and we were never disappointed. Prices are a bit higher and they are worth it.