“Decent clean place”

Ranked #51 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
san diego
“Decent clean place”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I find it interesting how people complain about low end hotels in Thailand as if they were expecting a Hilton. This hotel cost us 800 baht per night. It was clean. The staff was friendly. There was a pool which for our group was a nice bonus and it is close to the night market which again was a bonus for our group. The AC worked well, there were lots of tv stations. My review score reflects what I paid for the room, not what I would expect from a hotel costing 2-3 times as much.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank hollymaya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I been there between 20th till 25th june . Just a few step to night market , takiab station , bus station , van station , train station and van station from bangkok . Everything's are close to you . 5 minutes to beach by walk . Nice and calm pool .

• Stayed June 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 8 July 2013

It was an ok hotel for the money you pay . First night we had problem with the ac so the night after we changed to the "suite" . It wasn't that fancy but ok .. The people that worked in the hotel were nice but it wasn't any food to buy there so were lucky that it was nex to the market.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leroy20
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 3 May 2013

There is nothing special about this hotel except its location. You have immediate and easy access to the famous night bazaar. You can take a bus to Bangkok right in front of the hotel. And at the same time you won't hear any noise in the room. This hotel has two buildings. One of them is new and the design is modern.
But for me, bed sheets were dirty! The room was not clean. Room service was very poor. There was only an old lady in charge of cleaning all the rooms and there are many rooms! She came in my room 3 times at 2-3 o'clock in the afternoon without even knocking on the door and I didn't really like it. So I got no room service in 3 days! The pool was also dirty! So as I said there's nothing special about this hotel except it's location and in my opinion it's nothing more than a guest house. At this price I expected a much better room service, a free breakfast, and also a hair dryer in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mjef86
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel was fine, decent size rooms with a safe and efficient air con. Hotel is well located very close to night market. We paid for a car to collect us from Bangkok airport. By Thai standards the cost was not cheap yet the driver arrived an hour after the agreed time. Not want you want after a long flight. It took several phone calls to the manager to be reassured that the driver was coming. When he did arrive there was no apology or explanation. I rather formed the impression that he couldn't be assed to arrive on time for an early morning collect.
That aside the hotel was clean and comfortable and offered good value for money.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Martin A
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Having previously stayed at this hotel in a standard room, I thought I'd give the superior room a go and there's nothing superior about it, in fact it's just a slightly larger version of the standard room with the same bog standard fixtures and fittings. If you've just come from Bangkok and have stayed in one of the big name brand hotels there, this may seem a bargain, but its not by Thai standards and at B1300 a night you can find much better value elsewhere .
It's a good location for the night market and onward travel, but is a bit of a trek to the beach.
Not to sure how many buildings the Manthana encompasses but I've stayed in 2 of them and have still to see the swimming pool although the receptionist did point me in the general direction down a side street.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glahamuk
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We were booked in here for 3 days but we only stayed for the one night. Nothing against this hotel in particular but it is very basic, and we decided we wanted a bit more luxury, so we moved to the Best Western. The night we stayed here was perfectly fine and we spent a day round the pool, which is quite a small area. It a simple and reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple