The Celtic Inn Guesthouse
Ranked #19 of 309 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I walked by the Celtic inn - to ask for a room to stay. Here I got a nice clean room, with air con at a very good price as well compared to the other options I found in the town. The staff was nice and helpful - if I had any questions.

The location is 1 min walk from the main road that goes along the water - and if u walk 5-10 mins you will find yourself at the big marked where u can buy food and other stuff.

The Celtic inn has a pool table, a bar and kitchen as well - so most needs can be met at the location where you sleep. Its also possible to rent bikes which I did for 5 days - and there where no problems when I turned in the bike. A lot of other places they want your passport AND some places they will try and charge u for every little scratch on the bike - even the old ones. Here everything worked out fine - and no passport was needed.

I stayed at the hotel for about 14 days and if I get to Hua Hin again I will check if they got a room ready for me - since I know what I will get and what I pay for.

Tobias - Denmark

Room Tip: Pick the rooms in the back - then you wont be bothered with noise from the street.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tobias N

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Me and my partner spent six nights here in July 2013. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable with a good shower and hot water. We felt very much at home the moment we set foot in the place, enjoying a nice cold bottle of Singha and a few games of pool with the Owner (Tam) and the rest of the lovely staff there! Tam was super friendly and gave us a host of information on Hua Hin and its sights! This is a superb value guest house and would recommend to anybody visiting Hua Hin!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David G
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Had a great time at the Celtic Inn, even though I'm not a Celtic supporter. I really felt at home very quickly. All the staff, even the Scottish guy, were great fun to be with, and the room, food and location were great. Hua Hin is wonderful, and the Celtic Inn is a great place to stay. Many of the guests there were returners, and I will certainly stay there again when I go back to Hua Hin. Many thanks to Tam, Nan and all the girls.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Norman H
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Me and my wife were on a trip across Thailand. We spent the last 5 days of our holiday in Hua Hin. We didn't stay in the Celtic Inn because we had booked a "lazy and sunny" stay in a beachresort nearby.
Because the weather wasn't all that we decided to get in to town and rent a motorbike. This is how we met Tam, his wife Aphinan and Pat... and we never left :). I can't believe the hospitality of these people, they are just amazing!! It realy upscaled the value of our stay in Hua Hin. We very much enjoyed their company. Actually, we didn't take any time anymore in our own hotel en went to the Celtic Inn every night to have a drink and to have the best Thai food we had since we arrived in Thailand. Aphinan is just an amazing cook!! We went there to eat every time we had the chance. It was at least twice a day :). I couldn't get enough of it.
Tam showed us the fun and interesting places to visit in Hua hin, and they were worth every bit! Without his help we wouldn't have seen all the things we had been to. However the weather was a real downer, we had the best time of our holiday in Hua Hin, Thanks to the Celtic Inn!!! I can't thank them enough. Thanks again Tam, Aphinan and Pat. Just got back home and we miss them already...to be continued...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KoenInge
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I felt both comfortable and at home in this nice guesthouse. The staff is friendly and open to answer any question and fulfill any possible wish you might have. Celtic Inn fits very well in the cozy atmosphere of Hua Hin. Nan, the beautiful manager is a great cook and a wonderful hostess. Rooms are quite big and nicely furnished. WiFi is excellent. Recommended by heart.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I recently stayed in the Celtic Inn where the welcome is as warm as the Thai weather. I found the service to be excellent and the staff were always very helpful. The location is ideal, 50 yards from the beach a couple of 100 yards to shops and bars. This small but extremely homely hotel is appropriate for a short stopover for travellers on the move or for a much longer stay. Both have worked for me. I don't think I could walk downstairs in my bare feet and be greeted with a bright good morning; presented with that day's Bangkok Post along with a mug of fresh coffee in a 5* hotel but I can in the Celtic Inn. Anyone visiting Hua Hin (a delightful resort) would be well looked after if they stay in the Celtic Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The Celtic Inn's location is second to none. A stone's throw from the beach, close to many shops and restaurants and within easy strolling distance from the bars and nightlife. If you want to see the monkeys in the mountains, the Elephant Village or go to the nightmarket then just hire a motorcycle from Nan at a very reasonable price.

I can honestly say that Nan's cooking is the best I have ever tasted anywhere in the world. Remember to tell her if you don't want too much spice though!

There's a pool table, flat screen TV and wireless internet too, so basically it has the lot. My room was spotless and cleaned daily to a high standard.

I would highly recommend staying at this place and will definitely stay there again should I re-visit Hua Hin.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo